It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors told to give priority to gypsies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Doctors told to give priority to gypsies

www.telegraph.co.uk

They should be given longer consultations, and should be seen by GPs when they walk in without an appointment, even if doctors are fully-booked.

The average length of a consultation is five or ten minutes but travellers will be given 20 minutes and allowed to bring relatives into the consulting rooms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I find this disturbing. I realize and except when I walk into a doctors office or the emegency room with a bloody nose or a not to self-important injury that I will probabbly have to wait as the more critical injuries be attended to bebore me but I'm sorry to allow travellers or so called "Gypsies" to move ahead soley on that bases is "Hmm" lets see...Crazy!

If the issue is travellers/tourist are having trouble with recieving primary care while away from their homeland "fix it" by allow them treatment. But this is cliff hanging (on the edge, boarderline) reverse racism as far as I am concerned.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What's this? People with no fixed address that survive for the most part by stealing and scamming are now considered a separate race? Interesting logic...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Statements like this are designed to piss you off.
They rely on the fact that this will piss you off, and then later on down the road the powers that be wont have to worry about you getting angry when they start "mistreating" that particular ethnic group.

They do this all the time don't let them hijack your opinion because of "their" policy.
The gypsies never asked for this.
People are easy to manipulate when it comes to hate and jealousy for one another.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
they should tell the gypsies to go away. I've never heard of a good gypsie before.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why did they not just come out and say that tribal people on the move need to be observed more closely.In light of the current Swine flu for instance it makes good sense,maybe the Telegraph is being a little mischievious with its article.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Agreed. Note the source for the Telegraph article was the Daily Mail, quel surprise! Although still right wing the Telegraph tends to steer clear of this sort of inflamatory article on the whole/

I think there should be no priority in hospitals or Doctors Surgerys based upon ethinicity. It's a complete nonsense. You are either ill and in need of attention, or you're not.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

People are easy to manipulate when it comes to hate and jealousy for one another.

Sadly yes.

And there's nothing wrong with Gypsies.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I personally do not find addressing the needs of a culture disturbing.

Part of anthropology is preserving cultures. And Gypsies - whether one likes them or not - - is a culture.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I personally do not find addressing the needs of a culture disturbing.

Part of anthropology is preserving cultures. And Gypsies - whether one likes them or not - - is a culture.

I agree, however when is one culture more important then another?

Is it because a "minority" culture is more likely to blow up in your face with hate charges should you make them sign up for a doctors appointment like everyone else and they take it the wrong way?

"Everyone is equal, however some are more equal then others"...

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Why did they not just come out and say that tribal people on the move need to be observed more closely.In light of the current Swine flu for instance it makes good sense,maybe the Telegraph is being a little mischievious with its article.

LOL that's what I thought too.

The "priority" is given BECAUSE they are travelling and probably are easier to catch H1N1. Didn't mention that now in the article (did they?) or the OP!

So don't feel mad or anything.

Besides, gypsy culture is really very cool. Romanian tradition is rich in folklore and mythology.

This "priority" here is to ensure health safety. Don't feel miffed you're being "quashed" for gypsies.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Let's hope Borat doesn't catch wind of this development...

Seriously though, something's up. Sounds like someone in authority has ties to the Gypsy community and is pulling some strings for them. Either that or somebody forgot to use a pseudonym when he checked into the hotel with his mistress.

TA

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm Hungarian, though I haven't traveled with a group of Gypsies since the early 70's(1971) when the parents loaded the 5 of us in the Plymouth Fury III station wagon for our 2 week summer vacation up north, renting a cottage on the lake.

The only injuries that required medical attention were fishing hooks due to young kids casting with zebco reels without any regard to bystanders!

Back then, we did get no special treatment. Though, we didn't look like pirates or so called gypsies either!

Your right. No preferential treatment agreed, and ya just have to love how they spin the story.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Besides, gypsy culture is really very cool. Romanian tradition is rich in folklore and mythology.

This "priority" here is to ensure health safety. Don't feel miffed you're being "quashed" for gypsies.

Gypsies originated in India.

A Traveling/Nomad culture - - does require special care and consideration - - both for themselves and those they come in contact with.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

They rely on the fact that this will piss you off, and then later on down the road the powers that be wont have to worry about you getting angry when they start "mistreating" that particular ethnic group.

Well said. It sounds similar to the fomenting of illegal immigrant hysteria here in the states to cause maltreatment of hispanics, regardless of their legal status, by the general population.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

They do this all the time don't let them hijack your opinion because of "their" policy.
The gypsies never asked for this.

GREAT POINT..MAKES SENSE..Thanks for the view point.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Anyone can say they are a gypsy.

Next time you go to the doctor, don't make an appointment - just walk and say you're a gypsy who needs to see a doctor.

How would anyone know you aren't a gypsy...

Gypsy for a day for a medical appointment...

Edit: I'm a gypsy for the rest of the day.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
A Traveling/Nomad culture - - does require special care and consideration - - both for themselves and those they come in contact with.

Totally agree. When the Gypsies are in town the government should hand out those chains that attach your wallet to your belt. You know, so you don't get pickpocketed. They could set up an emergency distribution site at a school gymnasium or something.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hmmm..
I had always heard that Gypsies were from a mix of Middle Eastern and North African peoples...not necessarily India.

I do know that Romani Gypsies in this country are huge informants and messengers!!!
Former employer was partial to this type of communication and exchange..
And...yes...I did soooo want to be part of this nomadic scenario...

Perhaps..allowing them medical carte blanche will assure that anything viral is not spread and that anything clandestine is!!!!!

Peace...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you want my honest opinion they probably just want to get the Gypsies in and out as no one likes Gypsies and with good reason.

I'm not just saying this either, there are a lot of Gypsies here where I live (Queens NY, yeah I know, weird) and no one likes them. They will literally climb over your fence and go through your garbage while you're sitting there watching, they'll even look at you, laugh, and go back to it. We used to leave useful things we didn't need anymore out front for anyone to take, we now call that "Gypsie Bait" because that's all it is and we don't do it anymore.

They're notorious for stealing and lying. I see them go into the corner store, 3 or 4 women and a bunch of kids, they will cause a scene, fill the store and walk out with whatever they want!

Also, the majority of their women are on public assistance even though the men make plenty if money, they live in small houses with massive amounts of people. I see Gypsy children running around the streets at 1 or 2 in the morning with no supervision. I've seen them cause an auto accident, then drive off the second the victim turns his back! They drive cars with fake plates and leave them parked on the street for days on end.

So yeah, before you start defending the "poor misunderstood gypsies" try living with a bunch in your neighborhood first.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join