It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: US puts more missile defense around Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Gates: US puts more missile defense around Hawaii

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The United States has positioned more missile defenses around Hawaii as a precaution against a possible North Korean launch across the Pacific, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday. "We do have some concerns if they were to launch a missile to the west in the direction of Hawaii," Gates said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Welcome to the new "Cuban Missle" crisis. There are several key factors starting to play out that greatly resemble the Cuban Missle crisis. We obviously are posturing for war. This war will become WWW3.

With our knowledge of their current missle systems, well knowing that their missle cannot reach Hawaii, why are we getting nervous.

What is really interesting is that from insider information, we have been testing a new missile defense system out of Hawaii for 2 years now. The system has a 100% success rate on intercepts. The control center for the system is based in Mainland US.

So i will call this pure propaganda. We are going to fight. I seriously doubt that we will deal with all of this peacefully. The US government needs a war. So they are going to give us one even if it is based on exaggerated fears.

This video shows the system and the report of it being tested in Hawaii in June of 2007. The system is already there so why are we making a big deal about moving "new defenses" into place. This is just further proof of government propaganda.

hosted.ap.org

[edit on 18-6-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I also beleive that a THAAD system is also deployed in both Hawaii and on Guam.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What about this place in Kauai:
www.sandia.gov...
Would it not be the likely "base of operations" ?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1bigdog
What about this place in Kauai:
www.sandia.gov...
Would it not be the likely "base of operations" ?

Probably it could also be on the far aside of the Forbidden Island which is owned by the same reclusive family that rents the missile test site to the US Government

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6/18/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1bigdog

That would be the actal launch site. The control center is in the US. I promise. Got the connections.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If they could get any nuclear war head to explode anywhere in the region of hawaii the devestation would be unimaginable . missile system could destroy the nuke, but surely there would be massive fallout?

what type of damge could a NK nuke create? anyone know how powerful their nukes are?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If they could get any nuclear war head to explode anywhere in the region of hawaii the devestation would be unimaginable . missile system could destroy the nuke, but surely there would be massive fallout?

what type of damge could a NK nuke create? anyone know how powerful their nukes are?

Mostly open ocean there. Likely no devastation. There might be some fallout.

Most positive result would be the final excuse to get rid of Kim - if obama has the cojones to act on it ...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

This has to be THAAD

Gates told reporters at the Pentagon he has sent the military's ground-based mobile missile system to Hawaii, and positioned a radar system nearby. Together the systems theoretically could detect and shoot down a North Korean missile if it came to that.
news.yahoo.com...

Remember if shot down mid cource it is not likely that the detonation of a nuclear warhead would be of a high order type. No doubt the U-235 or Plutonium would cause contamination issues but its not likely that it would detonate.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Mostly open ocean there. Likely no devastation. There might be some fallout.

Most positive result would be the final excuse to get rid of Kim - if obama has the cojones to act on it ...

Mostly open ocean yes.But there is this thing called the jet stream. It can carry all kind's of stuff from one end of the globe to the other in no time flat.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If anyone on here lives in Hawaii, I would love to get some video footage of the intercept missiles launching if we do launch. I have a feeling that the sky will be filled with missle streaks and will be an awesome sight to see. Kind of reminds me of the Ron White skit when he was talking about getting thrown out of a bar. "I don't know how many it was going to take, but I knew how many they were going to use."

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Great referance.

To bad for Kimmy, you can't fix stupid.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They would not have to score a direct hit for this to be a real big problem. A high altitude detonation would send every one in Hawaii with exception to the US Military back to the stone age. In the 1950's we tested an H-Bomb on a mach fleet at surface level near the island of Bikini Atol, some 1000 or so miles from Hawaii. The EMP killed traffic signals and other electronics on all of the islands. I know Lil Kimmies bomb is just a firecracker in comparison. Just saying he needs to just get within 1000 miles or so to cause a lot of problems.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wow. You do assume a lot eh? We are posturing for war? And this will be WW3? LOL yeah right!!

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Welcome to the new "Cuban Missle" crisis. There are several key factors starting to play out that greatly resemble the Cuban Missle crisis. We obviously are posturing for war. This war will become WWW3.

With our knowledge of their current missle systems, well knowing that their missle cannot reach Hawaii, why are we getting nervous.

What is really interesting is that from insider information, we have been testing a new missile defense system out of Hawaii for 2 years now. The system has a 100% success rate on intercepts. The control center for the system is based in Mainland US.

So i will call this pure propaganda. We are going to fight. I seriously doubt that we will deal with all of this peacefully. The US government needs a war. So they are going to give us one even if it is based on exaggerated fears.

This video shows the system and the report of it being tested in Hawaii in June of 2007. The system is already there so why are we making a big deal about moving "new defenses" into place. This is just further proof of government propaganda.

hosted.ap.org

[edit on 18-6-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You are basing your optimistic opinion on what? Your feelings? What I am posting is based on facts that are playing out, not some dreams of grandure. If the US government doesn't want war then why are they spamming us with propaganda just like they do with every war? If we get into an armed conflict with North Korea, it WILL turn into WWW3.

new topics

top topics

join