It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns that North Korea may fire missile at U.S. on Independence Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Japan warns that North Korea may fire missile at U.S. on Independence Day

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

North Korea may launch a long-range ballistic missile towards Hawaii on American Independence Day, according to Japanese intelligence officials.
The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles, would be launched in early July from the Dongchang-ni site on the north-western coast of the secretive country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.asiaone.com...

[edit on 18/6/09 by On the level]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is very scary stuff, if anyone is mad enough to do this then it is Kimmy. If this pans out then NK could become the worlds biggest ashtray come the 5th of July. Again I really hope this doesnt happen as have friends in Japan and think this crackpot could use this as a bluff and aim for Japan, I really think this could spark WW3 and would be just like the crazy North Koreans to do it on Independance day.

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OMG!!! this is not good news at all, please dont pressure NK any more its time to let them be, and help them out, really this planet needs Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This would be dumb on many levels.

This is probably the worst date possible for any group to attack the US. Being attacked on independence Day would basically infuriate the US people more than on any other date, causing the inevitable retaliation to be even more intense.

I don't buy it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
would be the perfect day, all the fire works going who would notice a little rocket going over head... well ok big rocket..
all the noise, everyone out side enjoying the bbq and activities..
if you had a weapon able to reach and actualy get past the other persons counter measures.. what a day to do it... no one would know what was going on until it was to late...

on the other hand, with all the talk of the ICBM perfect date to release bio weapons.. again, no one would be paying atention until it was to late.

although i dont think they are that stupid..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

I agree. That would be the best way to ensure that most if not all Americans were gung-ho for another war, even the ones who want us out of the wars we are already in.

My only concern is that he might actually be stupid enough to start WWIII... That is one thing I hope I never live to see.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
OH WOW!!!

Launching an attack on Independance day!? Crazy Son've a Itch....

Just when Ardent Sentry begins tomorrow aswell. Co-inky-dink?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I really hope there is nothing in this however who knows when these nutters are involved. Japan does have good reason to prevent something like this happening. We will just need to wait and see, just when I thought this year couldent get any worse

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I strongly doubt that NK will do such a thing. It would be nothing less then an act of suicide. Besides, what motive does NK have?

IMO, if NK even dreams of doing this, she better wake-up and apologize!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
This is very scary stuff, if anyone is mad enough to do this then it is Kimmy. If this pans out then NK could become the worlds biggest ashtray come the 5th of July. Again I really hope this doesnt happen as have friends in Japan and think this crackpot could use this as a bluff and aim for Japan, I really think this could spark WW3 and would be just like the crazy North Koreans to do it on Independance day.

Oh come on. There are way too many doomsday prophets on this website. If he does to send a missile our way, it would not be aimed directly at Hawaii or Japan. It would be like every other missile it has launched, close and enough to get a reaction, but nothing to start a war over. WW3? Really? No one backs North Korea but China, and even China is becoming wary of North Korea.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Neaux]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I often see news stories from the DailyMail...are they a reputable source? Seems like they've got a lot of popstar gossip-type stories everywhere on their site...
Just checking before I pass this info down to other people..

I usually like news from at least two different sources to make sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Last time Hawaii was attacked look what happened. Does Lil Kim think it would be any different? This must be just another bluff. He couldn't be that stupid, could he?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchdog-Finland
OMG!!! this is not good news at all, please dont pressure NK any more its time to let them be, and help them out, really this planet needs Peace

I agree that the planet needs peace but it's easier said than done.
That's what Clinton tried to do when they gave North Korea a nuke plant, billions in money and food aid. They were "Helping them out in the name of peace."
Now he's using that help to make weapons. His people are still starving and the entire populations sole purpose has been revolving around the expectation of going to war with the south and "uniting" the penninsula.

You can't let them be because they are threatening to launch nukes. If you help them out then they use that help to funnel more resources into nukes.

You can't reason with a crazy person and that's what they are trying to do.
KJI is not a victim, he's an insane person who thinks his hour of glory is at hand.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by kadugen

I agree. That would be the best way to ensure that most if not all Americans were gung-ho for another war, even the ones who want us out of the wars we are already in.

My only concern is that he might actually be stupid enough to start WWIII... That is one thing I hope I never live to see.

If we have ww3 the next wars will be fought with sticks and stones

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Neaux

Look at the begining of WW1 and especially WW2, smaller states cause the friction and force the hands of the big players. You cant tell me the way the current world mood is at the moment that something like this could kick things off. If NK put a small nuke on the rocket and managed to hit Japan you cant tell me the nukes would fly from all angles, then would come the fallout from China. It is more than possible, and I am not doom mongering, I am just saying what I see

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thats the dumbest thing to do, unless you really want to get vaporized....

probably more fear mongering. I dont see this happening.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have the feeling they are really up to something this time.
Iran will have trouble but our real trouble will
come from NK.

link   
I know my 12 year old daughter is in more of a panic over the threat of Global Thermo-Nuclear War with either North Korea or Pakistan than I ever was growing up as a child in Detroit during the Cold-War.

Thankfully, if Pakistan were to launch it's nukes, it would be at India first and foremost. Even despite recent provocations, the United States is the least of Pakistan's worries.

North Korea on the other hand...

Kim Jong-il is under enough pressure and crazy enough to prove a point to the world to leave North Korea alone by firing a solitary missile. Betting that the short-guy won't show he means it when he has the firepower is like betting on the white guy in a boxing match.

North Korea has a lot of animosity against Japan. However, choosing a solitary American target would give North Korea much more bargaining power at the table (and a lot more cred for having the balls to rattle sabers with the US).

I believe that the Japanese report is credible because we are beefing up our own arsenal of Long-range Missiles in Hawaii as we speak.

All in all, however, is that all it takes is the detonation of one ICBM with a 35 Megaton warhead to ruin everyone's day on the entire planet from the fallout and it's impact on the environment and weather alone. It is a scenario that no one will win, even if the US does not fire a Nuclear retaliatory strike back and finds the resolve to just retaliate with Conventional bombs.

The Bay of Pigs really doesn't compare to what is going on right now. Maybe it shouldn't surprise me that my 12 year old is worrying so much over the threat of Global Thermo-Nuclear War.

link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
I usually like news from at least two different sources to make sure.

How about the BBC?

US 'prepared' for N Korea missile

link   
reply to post by bvproductions

They are reliable as any other news source in the UK at the moment, it is not a bottom feeder however is not on the level of the times, I will get some more sources for you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join