It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Is A Conspiracy ARGH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Face it, everything on the news is a conspiracy, to SOME that would appear to be a FACT. But to others, it's a little over the top of a remark. So why do we have this mindset? That EVERYTHING and EVERYONE have an ulterior motive? Why can't things just happen? Why can't things ever just be "a coincidence"? Why is there always someone who will say "Oh yeh but how long has this been planned"?

I know sometimes, there is an amount of proof that would merit a conspiracy of some sort. But why do some people think like this? Is this a conspiracy in itself?

Please reply in kind, as I am not making fun of anyone. Heck! I watch the news and think the exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nothing is true, anything is possible!

infiltrationcrowbar.info...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Conspiracy theories are dramatic and exctiting. People like excitment and they like to complain.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

It's because that a conspiracy seems more exciting than coincidence. Sometimes the hunt for a "link" may be more thrilling than bland reality. Pretty much almost everything that exists can somehow be rationalized into a conspiracy (the darker the better).

Typos in a post? A conspiracy concerning the dumbing down of education.

Main stream media? Automatically a conspiracy.

Alternative media? Usually biased, therefore a conspiracy.

Favor one particular party over another? Everything the other party does is a conspiracy.

Cutting your fingernails wrong? A conspiracy by manicurists to increase business.

It seems that almost nothing is conspiracy proof in almost any topic.

ooops, my housemate wants to go to the Hardware store. Probably a conspiracy in that too.

(chuckle)

Edit for spelling and wrong word.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I always think that everyone is up to something. I have a hard time trusting anyone. I haven't always been this way, I'm not sure when my thinking changed. Perhaps it's my way of dealing with an otherwise boring reality, or maybe I'm just a nutjob.

top topics

join