It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like a hole in the head: The return of trepanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Like a hole in the head: The return of trepanation

www.newscientist.com

IN THE early 1960s, a young Russian neurophysiologist called Yuri Moskalenko travelled from the Soviet Union to the UK on a Royal Society exchange programme. During his stay, he co-authored a paper published in Nature. "Variation in blood volume and oxygen availability in the human brain" may not sound subversive, "but it was the start of a radical idea."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Although this thread is a bit long and complex, I felt the need to post it due to the crude and torturous effects this could have on our society. I don't believe that we are fully aware of the many attempts by our governments and medical/scientist to manipulate our well being by going back in time (thousands of years) some call a "Desperate measure to treat dementia" for "quasi-medical reasons"

I do recognize that drilling a hole in the head/skull to release pressure when a person has incurred a head injury is a viable medical technic but "Honestly" there is something about this story that just bothers me. I guess I would say "Let me live with dementia" if it meant trusting our governments today!

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join