It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprised CBS Let Him say this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that everyone knows what the show "60 Minutes" on CBS is all about. And you all probably know that at the end of each episode, Andy Rooney has a few minutes to rant about what he wants. Most of the time he hits the nail on the head for whatever subject he's talking about. This time, he was completely and totally right on. Here is what he said:

"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more.. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be 'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe .. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough..."

Talk about the truth! Rooney pretty much said what a decent amount of Americans have been thinking for quite awhile but were too afraid to say because of political backlash. Rooney also ended his segment by reciting the pledge of allegiance in full with no omissions

[edit on 6/18/2009 by CTMoney]

[Mod edit to add]

Link to in-thread note about moving to HOAX forum

[edit on 6/23/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, I hate to try and respond to that, because he pretty much said it all!

So, here is a bump anyhow!

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

When was this?
two lines

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i agree with most of it except the "cops have a licence to murder anyone for anything" bs...

so if im picking my nose, and the cop says "stop picking your nose!" and I fail to stop picking immediately, he has the right to KILL me?

look i wasn't born in America to be treated like a slave

if im not breaking any laws, the cops have no right to say crap to me
true facts

his other opinions seem pretty good tho, as usual

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If I remember right, it was about 3 weeks ago? Don't hold me to that though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Well, I hate to try and respond to that, because he pretty much said it all!

I agree, He pretty much said what was wrong with America.

I'm glad he said it, there is nothing wrong with offending people.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

Oh man, that was great! Posters should me made of this an put up on every street corner!

reply to post by muzzleflash

so if im picking my nose, and the cop says "stop picking your nose!" and I fail to stop picking immediately, he has the right to KILL me?

This kind of thing isn't what Rooney was getting at. This is what he said:

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.

So, if you're picking your nose, a cop says stop that, and then you say, "No, I'm gonna cut you sucka." Then the cop has a right to shoot you. It's obvious though that little things like that aren't what he was getting at.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So, if you're picking your nose, a cop says stop that, and then you say, "No, I'm gonna cut you sucka." Then the cop has a right to shoot you. It's obvious though that little things like that aren't what he was getting at.

This is the best thing I have read all day!
Thanks octotom for putting a smile on my face, I'm putting this quote in my sig right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He didn't say that though.

He plagiarized that from somebody. I don't know, but I read what he said over a year ago.

You can go ahead and not believe me, but it is the truth, I'll take a screen shot. But what he said has been floating around for a while now.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The trouble with pride in one's race is that is it viewed as boasting as opposed to an expression of self-esteem.

Yesterday I saw a young man wearing a tee shirt that defined "What Black Is?" I didn't have time to read the whole shirt, but the thought ran through my mind if I wore a tee shirt about what white is people would think it strange in a racist sort of way.

Care needs to be taken so that ethnic pride isn't a proclamation of one-up-manship. Don't be ashamed of your race, but don't think you are better than those who aren't the same as you.

My hope is that someday it will not even be an issue to ponder.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
S & F for Mr. Rooney. I was first introduced to his rantings via the podcast "Kieth and the Girl," and I always thought he was just an old hoot - but he hit this one right on the head! Bravo, Mr. Rooney!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
The trouble with pride in one's race is that is it viewed as boasting as opposed to an expression of self-esteem.

Yesterday I saw a young man wearing a tee shirt that defined "What Black Is?" I didn't have time to read the whole shirt, but the thought ran through my mind if I wore a tee shirt about what white is people would think it strange in a racist sort of way.

Care needs to be taken so that ethnic pride isn't a proclamation of one-up-manship. Don't be ashamed of your race, but don't think you are better than those who aren't the same as you.

My hope is that someday it will not even be an issue to ponder.

Ya, and ditto goes if you (white) wore one that said what "black is" in sarcasm. You would be racist, and get beat up.

My good friend here in Tallahassee is a white guy; he used to play football at FSU, grew up in the USSR, has a black girlfriend, joined a black fraternity, but drives a big Ford Truck and a Harley!

He often wears the "Stars and Bars" shirts and hats, and not too many people are brave enough to say anything about it. He is fighting cancer right now, and he has lost a little weight, but is still intimidating. We were parked in his truck at a restaurant, and he parked in a handicap space (legally). He was in one of his crazy shirts, and his girlfriend was inside putting our names on the list.

A guy outside starts talking about this big truck in the handicap space, and we went along with him. We egged him on pretty good, and got him commenting on my buddy's shirt as well. The conversation had turned fairly racist, and disparaging about abuses of handicap stickers, and unequal treatment for blacks, etc. When my buddy's girlfriend (black) came back out, the guy looked a little stunned, then we had her get something out of the truck, and the guy just tucked tail and left! He didn't even stay for his dinner!!!!

link   
I agree with a bunch of that, but most of the time I wish this sorry, fat, washed up, bitter POS would just retire or kick the bucket....

andy rooney...what a joke.

link   
Here:

I'll have to shoot him an e-mail and find out if he thought of that or if got it from somewhere else.

And here it is from Snopes.

www.snopes.com...

Edit to take picture out and add Snopes link.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I dont think someones myspace page is "proof" of plagiarism.

Ok nvm the snopes article wasnt up yet.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by CTMoney]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

Look at my previous post, I removed the edit and added the Snopes.com link.

I was just using is an example to it's been floating around on the net for a while now. Anyway I took the picture down and added something a little more verifiable.

Disregard this post.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
D'you ever wonder why, Andy Rooney sometimes hits the nail on the head?

This is great stuff, nuff said, I think it reflects how many, many Americans are beginning to feel.

Originally posted by octotom
So, if you're picking your nose, a cop says stop that, and then you say, "No, I'm gonna cut you sucka." Then the cop has a right to shoot you.

Hell, I'm not a cop but I'd shoot him too, who knows where else his hands have been.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I saw. I edited my post after I saw that you put up the snopes article. Either way, whoever thought of this got it right.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
s&f for the content!!! Now, whether he said it or not, will Andy Rooney disappear in Rock Creek Park?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

Yes they did that got it way right.

The subject matter is right on target. Really makes you think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join