It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if ATS disappeared?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes!! HAM would be the way to go..my Dad was pretty good at that back in the 80s,we could chat to the US,Russia,Aisa sometimes when the weather was right.

The only telltale sign was the gigantic tripole anntenna(tripole?not sure,forgottoen the terminology sadly)reaching for the heavens from my roof.

I wonder though,we in UK are going through the digital switchover,and analouge radio will be switched off in the next few years...I do wonder if this involves a signal jamming program by the PTB,in order to enforce this switchover malarky.
For some reason I don't think they like it when the masses use analougue radios these days.
--------------------------
Oh,and to Romanian:
Thats cool Buddy!!I bet those voice meets are great with fellow ATSers from your country.
Good Idea Man!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I wonder though,we in UK are going through the digital switchover,and analouge radio will be switched off in the next few years...I do wonder if this involves a signal jamming program by the PTB,in order to enforce this switchover malarky.

I was thinking that myself.

twitter?

How is Iran getting information out?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow imagine how we would shred Twitters bandwidth in no time if the whole of ATS suddenly migrated over there en masse!!!

Thats if we could get properly organised of course,which seems to be the main problem in any movement/uprising/event.

I think if they did steal ATS from us,all ATSers should atomatically go on strike from work as well.The world would soon realise how important we are.Many companies would suddenly be without their resident Genius!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Lets say the next time you try to cone to this website you find it is gone.

I try it again
, again
, restart my computer, try it again
and will say to my wife; dammit [sorry] dear, ATS is gone, why, why.
Then, the next day I try it again
and when that does not work
I give it up.

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
How would you handle not having the opportunity to share relevant news and ideas? How could you fill the void of not having ATS anymore?

I move on, because there is also a live without even ATS
, and there are more interesting sites to share relevant news and ideas

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If ATS was gone I would probably just read Drudge Report, most of the post's from day to day are just pulled right off Drudge without so much as changing the title. Wouldn't be able to talk to all the aliens that frequent ATS but you wouldn't miss a beat if you come hear looking for "breaking" news. Not taking anything away from the truly creative writers who hold it down for ATS, without them this place would be nothing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would go on a kiling spree then put one in my brain

CX

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Probably gain five hours or so of my life back a day/night.

I'd miss ATS for the speed of Breaking News, and whilst there is a lot of people who hide away somewhat on here, i would miss the mutaul respect that you build for a member, whether they agree with you or not.

I think a lot of smaller groups would be created, regional ATS meets and the likes, arranged by ads in the paper and similar methods.

They'd be quickly infiltrated and taken down as a militia/enemy combatant group though, so i'd probably just go home and get on with cleaning my cooker.....been putting that off for ages.

Failing that, i'd go to Area 51 and ask the 3 Amigo's whats going on whilst they're sunning themselves on the patio with a cool beer and an E.T.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geehood
I would go on a kiling spree then put one in my brain

Is it sick that i just almost spat my tea out with laughter at that one?

Hope you're kidding, if not, keep smiling mate.

CX.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What would I do?

I would write to tptb, and complain and complain and complian... (you get the idea).

What should happen is that the ATS command staff should start backing up the infomation when there are not many people on here. Store it on a massive computer and then upload on theeir own ervers that are privately owned.

Several servers should be placed around the world in case of governments attempting to shut ATS down. failing that, the last ATS user should send an "Armegeddon" virus to major goverment computers.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I only found ATS last November or Decmber and have become very addicted to it. I try to read every thread. I get an entirely different perspective for what is going on in the world. I like to read other people theories and ideas, even the few that are just "out there". I don't post as often as I want to, simply because I do not have the time to follow every thread I want to post in. I also do not have the energy to prove what I see as legitimate facts against those who will dispute even the most solid evidence.

I would hate to see ATS go anywhere. It has become such a large part of not only my entertainment, but it also for my keep up with what is going on in the world.

I don't pay for anything on the internet.
However, I would pay to keep ATS going. I think this community is important.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Crikey,thats made me laugh too,but Lets sends this to RATS before the foul MSM picks up the comment!!!!

This thread does NOT want to become the catalyst for what it hypothesises.
Arrgh.Funny though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would be totally disappointed. This site is just way to cool to lose. Where else would you be given the points of view that are shown here? It really opens up a lot of possibilities. I would have to start looking for a similar forum but you and I know it wouldn't be the same. Let's hope we never have to start looking.

CX

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Would we keep our points?

Second line not needed as the first was such a valid point.

CX.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If ATS were no longer with us, I would need to post more over on [spam link removed], a support group for those who listen to Coast to Coast AM.

mod note:

No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 6 months. All URLs must be approved by an ATS Administrator or Site Owner prior to display.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

In case you didn't realise, there are tons of websites that embrace alternative thinking. ATS just happens to be one of the best.

I don't understand though is people like yourself and many others on here who appear to base their lives around ATS and IMHO that's very sad. Especially when 99 percent of the information on here is completely speculative and open to conjecture. You could very easily be basing your life on something that might not be true.

Fortunately I have a wife and kids, so when im not online I barely give ATS a second thought. And if it did shut down? I'd probably just give a shrug and move on to the next conspiracy website.

We've survived years without the Internet and ATS, I'm sure we could again.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

double post sorry

[edit on Thursday20092009-06-18T15:31:16-05:00pm303120096 by thesneakiod]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Phew....thought it was actually coming to pass today,then I remebered the scheduled server upgrades.

Hopefully the 3 amigoes have relocated the servers to a nuke proof hardened bunker,guarded by reptilians to prevent any PTB actions against us all.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I not going to worry about it. I think the PTB like ATS. I helps them keep track.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join