It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**LOOK**Suggestion for better user experience!**LOOK**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I wanted to bring something up for discussion pertaining to important topics that sometimes go unnoticed. I'm sure everyone has created a thread that they thought was ignored, or unnoticed. Recently I authored a thread that attracted two moderators applause, yet very little debate? This gave me an idea that I'd like to run by everyone, especially the moderators, to see what you all think?

There can be a lot of effort put into a thread, or it may be only a question, but to the author it is sometimes felt to be of great importance. A topic that one feels truly needs debating, yet they watch it slowly die before ever catching a spark. Now I know many of you have experienced this and know exactly what I'm talking about, so here is what I'm suggesting.

Of course, everyone thinks their thread is of the utmost importance and deserves discussion, so we have to be realistic. What I was thinking is that any thread that a moderator feels deserving of applause could maybe get it's own special place somewhere on ATS? A page of miscellaneous threads, of all topics, where mods could place the applauded threads for further exposure? Kind of like thread limbo, the second chance page for neglected, but quality threads!

I realize this places an added workload on our likely already overworked moderators. The payoff, however, is a quality thread safety net providing added substance. It would also be a useful tool for what ATS is all about, quality discussion and information! Maybe ATS will consider this idea and even develop an easy way for the staff to achieve something like this?

I for one would enjoy browsing a page dedicated to applauded threads! I'm sure we all miss many interesting threads due to them getting buried. I really think this could significantly add to the quality of the site, how about you? If so, please show your support here and also any suggestions to the general idea.

Peace.

**Note to Moderators**

I have no intention in lobbying for added burden, or making your duties more difficult. This is merely a suggestion for your consideration. Any disruption or controversy this may bring upon you and your functions here was my oversight. Disregard any value not seen convincing or worthy your added effort and remove this entire request as you see fit.

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You can post your suggestions here at this board:

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Also below is a link to a thread about the ATS Complaint/Suggestion form:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
As stated above the is a dedicated ATS issues and ATS/BTS what would you like to see in the future thread(s)

With that said I will just say that just because an OP recieves an applause or two doesn't mean that the thread is of particular importance or that it is going to become the "next best thing" remember mods are people too and they have their own opinions so if they do give an op notice, it does not mean that other members if any at all will do the same.

It comes down to trends here on ATS, if you spot a hot topic update in the news post it, if you digg up something on the net that you feel is ATS worthy then by all means do a through search and if it doesn't already exsist here then post away.

You'll find ATS members very fickle at times depending on what's going on in the world but remember people are people so the dynamics of interest come into play here as well. Don't let a few thread "failures" put you down either if you want to contribute then just do and see what happens, you never know, good luck in future threads.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If you glide through "Aliens&Ufo" you will see more personal ideas and opinions rather than "Aleins&Ufo" if glide through "Alternative Breaking News" you will see "Alternative Breaking News" but not related to the ATS idea. I have only noticed a hand full of ABN's which belong there and some of mine were far from ABN but still remaind, the same applies to A&U's, although there is a Skunk Works section but they seem to reside in the A&U section and not in the Grey Area. I still am slightly confused

Peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I personally would love to see a "recently applauded posts" link added somewhere.

As to a most applauded thread section, I think the Amigos are going for a "user-generated content" system. They probably want as little staff editorial input as possible. Stars and flags are pretty good reflections of what end-users like best.

Although I'm not sure the OP should get all the credit for good threads. I know of at least two threads I flagged in the UFO forum, not because the OP was especially brilliant, but because s/he was lucky enough to have Internos reply in the thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I personally would love to see a "recently applauded posts" link added somewhere.

As to a most applauded thread section, I think the Amigos are going for a "user-generated content" system. They probably want as little staff editorial input as possible. Stars and flags are pretty good reflections of what end-users like best.

Although I'm not sure the OP should get all the credit for good threads. I know of at least two threads I flagged in the UFO forum, not because the OP was especially brilliant, but because s/he was lucky enough to have Internos reply in the thread.

I'm not looking for any credit, nor do I get frustrated if something I post isn't popular. I do sometimes feel certain subjects, such as civil rights and limits of government, should be met with more enthusiasm. But I am looking at this from both sides. I may be missing interesting topics written by other members just as others may be missing mine? This idea hit me when I noticed a popular opinion on the Iran election situation. I see a majority here buying into the media and governments beliefs that Iran's citizens are revolting?

I started a topic on the fact that our government ran a coup d'etat on Iran in 1953 called "Operation Ajax". That they have done this numerous times around the world and this situation should be evaluated with that in mind. This is a topic that deserves added exposure. Unlike some of the more fantastic threads that stray from reality, this is situation vital to our lives. If there seems to be some confusion among us we need to act on it. Helping each other wade through the lies and confusion should be a priority. I have nothing against debating hidden planets, Antichrist, lizard people, or anything else, but some issues are right here, right now.

I would enjoy a page of random topics that were cherry picked by mods, or anyone else, from others and deemed important. All I am saying is sometimes a thread, mine or others, may run by without notice. If a member of the ATS staff finds that thread worthy of debate, they may be inclined to go a step further than applause and provide that thought a bit more exposure? I trust the judgment of the staff here at ATS. All the applause I have received thus far were given to threads I have felt most important to discuss.

My thinking was that it would improve the quality and function of the site? My only concern was the further burden on staff, but thought mentioning it wouldn't hurt? Maybe they can accomplish this with little effort, or consider it a worthy cause? Or just let it fizzle out and I'll keep quiet about the whole thing? Just an idea, that's all.

Peace.

top topics

join