It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: N. Korea May Fire ICBM Toward Hawaii

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

This is totally getting out of hand! While the talking heads keep talking, this guy is SERIOUS. Is he insane? YES. Does he care? NO. We need to stop playing with him and put down or face the music when he nukes Japan, S Korea or Hawaii !

I believe Kim is getting brave because he knows our military is stretched thin. Have troops stationed across the globe and a two theatre war is having its toll. If this guy doesn't push the button by the end of the year, I'll be impressed!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yes he is completley insane...and no he does not care...Some men can't be reasoned with,can't be.....well this explains it better than I can.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I think your friend may have exaggerated a little. The US's systems are not as foolproof as they would like you to believe, just ask anyone who has served in the last two Gulf Wars and they will probably have stories
about dud SCUDS that never detonated. I've heard them and they would be funny if they were not true.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Exactly. Some of these guys who think the MI6 and Mossad and CIA can penetrate everything and everyone. It's silly and is no reflection of the real world. We cannot and have not penetrated NK ranks. It's obvious or the regime would have imploded years ago.

Really?
How would you differentiate between an imploded regime and the leaderless debacle which passes for North Korea?

When is the last time we had proof that li'l Kim is even alive?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

This is totally getting out of hand! While the talking heads keep talking, this guy is SERIOUS. Is he insane? YES. Does he care? NO. We need to stop playing with him and put down or face the music when he nukes Japan, S Korea or Hawaii !

Oh he's serious alright, a serious joke.

"...fire a missile TOWARD Hawaii..."

Yeah, I'd be real worried about him firing a missile TOWARD Hawaii, too. Especially if I lived somewhere like Guam, or the Marianas, or the Philippines, or Iwo Jima or some other island in the Pacific...'cause so far his missiles haven't been able to hit squat, I'm amazed they've even been able to hit the open ocean...but he might be able to hit a completely different island by sheer incompetence...

I believe Kim is getting brave because he knows our military is stretched thin.

I believe Kim is doing what Kim has always done and he's doing it in the hope that the US will do what the US has always done: ask him to back down and then given him what he wanted after he did back down.

Have troops stationed across the globe and a two theatre war is having its toll. If this guy doesn't push the button by the end of the year, I'll be impressed!

Before you keep it up with the alarmist sabre-rattling in response to Kim's latest sabre-rattling, can you at least go and look at the history of US-DPRK relations since the collapse of communism and the end of the Cold War circa 1991? Please?

If this guy DOES push the button before the end of the year I'll buy everyone in the bar a beer. I'll be suitably impressed if he's even still alive at the end of the year.

North Korea is starving. It has been for more than a decade. It's military might be huge, but we've seen what happens when a huge, low-tech military goes up against a smaller, relatively high-tech one. We watched it happen from 1980 until 1988.

And South Korea is a whole lot more "relatively high-tech" than Iraq was...

Kim is not going to go to war. If he does Beijing will not help him out. Without them he cannot win. As his father could not.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think for it to be considered an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.. it needs to be capable of actually leaving it's originating continent and reach another one without exploding first.

It seems like NK is just exploiting the fact that America is spread thin in terms of military capability. They know unless they hit American soil, America will likely sit on the porch and shake it's first in their general direction; making NK look strong in the eyes of it's people and others abroad.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I don't understand all the lil'kim support around here.

Why are you all bashing the US for "Bullying" NK?

Last I checked, Kim is the one with the big mouth threating war, Every day.

If you sink are ship, WAR!!1 if you Look at us funny, WAR!!111, if you don't give us $40,000,000 WAR!11. If you don't let me sell this Weapon, WAR!!!11

I say shut this D'Bag up already. Carpet bomb his stupid palace, or send in Some NSA operatives to silence him. The world could'nt be any worse off without him. This guy is making waves, and its the last thing the world needs right now.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Man, what is it with the Matthew Reilly fans who think the NSA owns it's own spec-ops...

Why would we want to send a bunch of eavesdropping techs into the DPRK?

I know the North Koreans aren't exactly up there with the technology, but that doesn't mean they're going to be afraid of a bunch of overweight computer geeks.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Some of you guys are hilarious. You put way too much stock in the intelligence agencies of the United States. Intelligence gathering is a very long, arduous and difficult task. And it's not always perfect, accurate, or even legit. You still need boots on the ground to gather intelligence. There is only so much you can garner from satellites and speculation. If you think the CIA or other intelligence entities within the US have infiltrated North Korea you have no clue just how tight that country is. It's not like the middle east, europe or Latin America. It's a completely different nation that has been cut off from the rest of the world for a long time. Our missile defense system is not perfect. Far from it. Most of the "testing" has involved computer models etc. without very many actual direct threat tests. You can equate our missile defense system to meteorology and the weatherman. A lot of it is luck. The eventual infallibility some of you have of our military and government is childish and ridiculous. Just look at how the FBI botched the events leading up to 9/11 to see just how incompetent some of the branches of government are.

North Korea could spark a regional war and would wreak havoc on South Korea if a war was to break out. IF you think the US is going to drop nukes on NK you are delusional. That would happen only in the very extreme scenario. I.e. the situation in WWII with Japan. It would be political suicide for the US to pre-emptively strike NK with nuclear weapons.

One word: YEP.

Exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by Kailassa

I'd be surprised if their ranks are not already infiltrated with CIA, MI6 and Mossad operatives, making sure NK does no more harm than they want it to do.

I highly dought that..Their upper ranks are like a family bussiness..I wouldnt be surprised if they have held their ranks for decades..It isnt structured like the US or UK military..Look at pics of Kimmy from years ago and compare his Ontarage through the years..

Exactly. Some of these guys who think the MI6 and Mossad and CIA can penetrate everything and everyone. It's silly and is no reflection of the real world. We cannot and have not penetrated NK ranks. It's obvious or the regime would have imploded years ago.

Everyone, understand one thing.

While I WANT real life to be a derivative of "Alias", I do NOT THINK it is.

There is no Sydney Bristow with super IQ, martial arts expertise and proficiency with technological weapons running around searching for Rambaldi devices that will grant immortality and cause people to become violent zombies.

There is no way US forces have infiltrated NK ranks. Many US intel departments are incompetent enough - indeed, all the information we're getting now comes solely from the few that are skilled enough to call up favors and pull strings to obtain intel from reliable sources in or near the country.

The skill does not include going undercover to act all North Korean (that's an ENTIRE WAY OF LIFE, by the way) and infiltrate the hierachy.

Kim Jong Il's business is a family affair.

Even if he WAS dead (as many of you seem to believe) you can rest assured his SON is in charge now.

There are really two possibilities:

1) KJI's health is worsening. He's doing all this as his "endgame", before leaving his son to take over the mess he's made.
2) He's ALREADY dead, and this sudden outburst of nuclear research and violence is a result of his son's new form of regime.

Either way, it would not be possible for any US intel forces to leave a dent in that country. It's SEALED OFF. Like sealed to such an extent, it's amazing.

All of the Kims closest allies, employees, and governmental officers are people whom they ABSOLUTELY trust. Close people who've worked for decades.

That's why everyone's so worried about this nuclear test/missile launch thing. They don't know if he's serious or if he's bluffing. This is one love-glue-gunnin bluff no one can call.

Like I said, the best the most competent intel forces can do is to obtain schedules and future plans. That's about it. The knowledge of whether or not these plans are real or fake lies entirely in the Kims and the high ranks of their government/research organizations.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is quite scary if true. They have been threatening for how long now? At one point a threat becomes a reality. I feel bad for the people who live in NK and are suffering because of how that country is run. If they try and hit the US they will be screwed because they will only get it back on them. The people who live there are going to be killed over something they more than likely dont even want.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Star for you

I agree....Going to do some research on this whole NK deal and see what's really up because with all the lies we've already been told on everything else in the worls, it's hard to accept that the North Korea thing is not what they make it to be.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Kim is just pulling your strings. He's doing it for the respect he gets from his people. They're starving, and it takes the edge off starvation a little to watch Kim thumb his nose at the US, China, Russia, Japan, S Korea, etc.

Obviously you don't know the minds of the crazy Communists. This is exactly the same way they all react. When they have enough power, they use it, and more so knowing that their reign will end soon.

Castro, and even the muderer Che Guevara, which the Left loves, were furious when JFK was able to get the nukes off Cuba.

I think it was actually Che Guevara who said if they still have had the nukes a few months after they were taken off, they would have used them against the "Imperialist Americans".

Found a quote.

The Cuban-born author says during the Cuban missile crisis Guevara advocated a nuclear attack on the United States. "He said, 'If the nuclear missiles had remained in Cuba, we would have fired them against the heart of the United States. The Americans are nothing but hyenas fit only for extermination.'

www.onenewsnow.com...

BTW, the above was a response from a Cuban born author to the fact that one of Obama's campaign office was displaying the Cuban flag and the murderer Che in it.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think that the only reason he is firing toward Hawaii is because he knows that the U.S. will shoot it down (just to be on the safe side) and then he can claim that the U.S. fired the first shot.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Lil Kimmy is so intent on telling everyone else what he deems an act of war. How about this one Kimmy...

Shoot any of your rockets anywhere but over NK and it will be deemed an act of war. Plain and simple.

IRM

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Nah NK wont fire towards any of Us allies unlesh , some one of the allies provoces NK, and that chanse is really BIG, i doubt they will fire does missiles yet

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

Yeah, the guy, and the north koreans, think he is a divine being. I wouldn't put it past him to try something so stupid. I can only hope that his generals realize how stupid it would be, and put a few bullets into him.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Castro, and even the muderer Che Guevara, which the Left loves, were furious when JFK was able to get the nukes off Cuba.

Found a quote.

The Cuban-born author says during the Cuban missile crisis Guevara advocated a nuclear attack on the United States. "He said, 'If the nuclear missiles had remained in Cuba, we would have fired them against the heart of the United States. The Americans are nothing but hyenas fit only for extermination.'

www.onenewsnow.com...

BTW, the above was a response from a Cuban born author to the fact that one of Obama's campaign office was displaying the Cuban flag and the murderer Che in it.

Okay, sorry to head off on this tangent, but it kinda related to the current topic.

First, but least important. Yes, yes, yes, Che was a murderer. So what? So was John Brown. It doesn't help you defeat the other side's ignorance of history by appearing more strident than them.

Second. Of course Che would have said something like that. It's the safest threat in the world to make.

"If something still existed that we didn't have possession of or control over when it did exist then we would have used it at a later date because we're a bunch of serious bad asses who shouldn't be messed with and we would have used the thing we had no operational control over to prove what bad asses we are."

translates as

"The only thing I am currently saying that has any truth to it is that I am, indeed, an ass."

Do you really think the Kremlin would have let a rabid dog like Che off the leash to put his finger anywhere near the Big, Red Button?

Not a hope in Hell.

Why do think Che was allowed to go off to Bolivia? He suffered exactly the same problem as Napolean Bonaparte: Revolution is easy, Government is hard. Revolution is ideology in action, Government is compromise in action.

Che was incapable of compromise, which made him incapable of governing.

But it also made him incapable of learning, adapting or evolving. And that's why he died in Bolivia.

All Or Nothing men always fail in the end, often sooner rather than later.

Che may have thought he sounded big by making irrelevant threats to the US, Fidel, however, understood that you don't demonstrate your love for your people by inviting their destruction.

Not hearing (or reading) the original question, nor the rest of the answer, it is impossible to tell whether the "Cuban author" was demonstrating that Che would never have countenanced any sort of rapproachment (which we know he wouldn't have anyway), whether the "Cuban author" thinks the Obama staffer was a fool for having the reactionary revolutionary as his "idol" (because Che would never accept rapproachment) or whether Che was a fool because he was so reactionary he would never have accepted rapproachment and therefore it was ironic that the Obama staffer had chosen Che's image as his method of outreach.

But it does prove that Che really was utterly irrelevant. It's either that or he was utterly delusional.

Nobody who makes pronouncements like that will be listened to except for the purpose of delineating the "not options" side of the argument (ref Truman firing Macarthur).

or

Anybody who makes such clearly and demonstrably false pronouncements (which may be public) is lying to themselves or lying to their audience, in both cases they building a house of cards which must eventually come crashing down.

Which is something K. J-I has a lifetime's experience with.

Did you know that when he was born a single star in the night sky shone brighter than all the others to signify the fact that he was born? True. The North Koreans will tell you.

(sidebar: I'm really waiting for the aftermath of the final implosion of North Korea, it's going to be so funny to watch all the evangelical Christian NGOs go rushing in to convert the North Koreans and have to debate their "history" while handing out bowls of rice.)

The difference between Che's "crazy talk" and Kim's "crazy talk" is that Che didn't have the nukes when he decided to talk crazy (although he apparrently thought he had control of them during the naval blockade), while Kim does have the nukes now when he's talking crazy.

Even if the damn things are approaching the destuctive scale of Hiroshima and he has no means of delivery, he does actually have nukes. He also, apparently, hits holes-in-one every round he plays...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
ARE YOU KIDDING?

NORTH KOREA IS A THREAT... and that is NOT made up.

Western media may have controlled many things, but Kim Jong Il's control and power is NOT a creation of Western media.

His country is starving due to sanctions imposed by the US, who can basically coerce support from any naton they want - they can do it economically or by direct threat. NK was listed with Iraq and Iran as one of the axis of evil countries, anyone who supports it or stands with it is immediately going to be labeled as an enemy by the US - no-one is going to offer NK public support.

If this was just something the US concocted, u can see it. YOU CAN SEE IT LOUD AND CLEAR because none of the other country's governments will bother. They will KNOW it's US agenda at work.

Why is it that China did not take side with either Iran or US during the whole Iran conflict? Why is it that the UN didn't respond with such strength to Osama's threats as they are responding now to NK?

The answer is simple. Osama didn't have nukes - and the US were going to deal with him directly. Even though the whole Osama thing was a big lie anyway.

The US knows NK has nukes - they definitely do not want a fight. So they are going to use every single other tactic they have to force him to submit. This means coercing the UN.

China holds over 2 trillion in US debt. I think that the US have offered US mortgages as security for some of that debt. China can't really afford to kiss off that much money - so they play along with the US publicly - privately they offer NK whatever assistance they can.

It is because KJI is a megalomaniac, who is probably about to die, if u take into account his poor health and his sudden succestion of his son, and his endgame before he goes is to leave his country in a position of power. He is NOT sane, rational or normal.

GOODNESS WHAT A MISCONCEPTION ABOUT ONE OF THE BIGGEST MONSTROSITIES IN THE MODERN WORLD!

What a rant - how can he hold together a country that is basically starving if he is as crazy as you pretend? Even when a country is wealthy there is alsways dissent - but in a starving country you can't simply use force to control people- he is obviously giving people in that country good leadership.

You say he is trying to leave NK in a 'position of power' are you talking about? If he had no nukes - the US would invade immediately. He has to keep nukes - and he has to show he is prepared to use them - this is the nuclear deterrent.

NK is poor and suffering under sanctions - they can't even sell their gold - they aren't allowed to. Millions have starved due to these criminal sanctions applied to NK - the US supported and imposed those sanctions - who suffers most? The common people.

Why should the US get to decide which countries can have nuclear weapons? The answer is that it should be none of their business - but the US want to dominate the world with the threat of nuclear weapons. That means they want to try and monopolize those weapons as much as possible.

Now I know many of you are skeptical of the media etc etc but this is ridiculous. What is happening is REAL.

The issue here is not Fox News being always quoted, but that the OPs CHOOSE to place FoxNews as a starting source. If you go do your research, you'll find out (first-hand if you do things like Euna and Laura did) that North Korea MEANS things.

Maybe they're exaggerating the strength of the missiles. Maybe the Western media is exaggerating. But whoever's doing the exaggerating, you can rest assured NOW is not the case. Or at least not as much, or not even the same kind, as Iran.

Please. You are now so disillusioned with the media you are turning your eyes away the truth IN FRONT OF YOU.

You wish the governments would disclose alien existence but you refuse to see the TRUTH of what's ALREADY BEEN SAID.

Isn't it ironic?

Don't be fooled.

What is ironic is how you fawn over those who want to stamp your face into the ground under their jackboots.

This isn't a matter of exaggeration - its a case of flat out lies. The entire case against NK has been created out of thin air. What evidence do you have to support the idea that NK will attack anyone? Give me an example of where KJI has attacked another country?

KJI has always said he will RESPOND to any aggression - he is not offering it - he is simply saying, if you want peace - don't attack NK.

Don't be so skeptical that you actually think NORTH KOREA WILL NOT ATTACK US. That is horribly wrong.

Probably someone back in 2000 said on another conspiracy board, "Oh. Come on. The terrorists are completely demonized by Western media. They're actually sane and rational. They won't bomb the US or fly planes into its buildings. It's all to instill fear in the citizens for the NWO to take over."

Famous last words, isn't it.

Umm - what the heck? So you are now going to try and use the fabricated attack of 911 to justify even further violence against ANOTHER country? Didn't you get ENOUGH satisfaction out of 911 by using it as an excuse to attack Iraq?

Please be able to discern instances of subliminal media control from instances where the media is adding opinion to something they are reporting THAT IS ALREADY FACT. This discernment is what makes ATS-ers special.

Don't treat this like its fiction or a concoction. This is SERIOUS. And you probably won't believe that until North Korea tests its missile on the water 30 miles to the left of Oahu Beach or something.

DISCERN, my friend, DISCERN!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by KarlG]

You are trying to say that the MSM only lies about some things. I used to think that as well - but the more knowledge I had - the more I understood things - the more I saw that EVERYTHING on the MS is a lie.

Your plea for people to discern is heartening - I echo your desire for people to understand.

Understand this - if NK attacks the US - it will be reduced to a smoking pile of ash. Everyone knows this - no matter how crazy KJI is - he knows this.

NK will not attack. The possibility remains however that a incident will be created by US agents that makes it look like NK have indeed attacked - this would be done to justify US retaliation.

Who knows if the US would risk that - if NK were forced in that manner - I think they would respond with nukes- they would have to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join