It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: N. Korea May Fire ICBM Toward Hawaii

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
news.yahoo.com...

the one thing i wonder about is

in this article, they say the north is about 3-5 years from being a serious threat to the western U.S

what if they are ready early

and this missile they plan to launch towards hawaii ends up being the real thing while our defenses are possibly not at the highest priority or level of readiness because we expect it to just be the regular missile with the 4000 range

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Dramey]

I can assure you that the CIA can read the serial numbers and count the screws on the missiles on that launch pad. If it has the capability to reach us or a nuke on board they will know it.

I imagine part of the reason he is doing this is to give Russia and China a look at our defensive system capabilities.

Ignoring him is the best thing we can do. If he does ever really do anything, an appropriate response will be incoming to NK quickly.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have a few questions. Why would the god of his people go to such great lengths to show his people how militarily inferior he is to the US?

In other words, why would he attack someone he knows could wipe his all-but-starved country right off the face of the planet? If he's god, why would he want to change that view of himself, which his people are "so brainwashed" into believing?

When I think about it, all of his personal comments have been defensive in nature. Sure he's wacko, a lil paranoid. But isn't that what they say about most of us around here? Oh wait, no... we're called terrorists.

Is it true that the only time you see him in an offensive posture is when our media tells us he is?

If we are so worried, why do we allow his missile stations that can actually hit something stand?

My opinion he has a right to defend himself as a leader of his country. And if you want to say he is a tyrant who doesn't care about his people, no matter how true it is, I'll suggest you to look at places such as Egypt. I wish he would focus his nuclear research on electricity generation, which would help his people, but I woulnd't blame him for wanting to run/defend his own country, with his own banks, with free trade, etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Got two words for you. MISSILE DEFENSE

And last time I checked ours was top notch in the world.

That missile is way to big to avoid detection

And if NK actually does launch it look for it to be shot down pretty quickly if indeed is aimed right and is any sort of threat.

Also, good ole Kim will be dead within the hour unless hes smart about it and hides in a hole. I dont think the U.S. government would pass up an opportunity to take this guy out now that it would be justified. North Korea would not be nuked too much of a human rights issue with that and its too close to china and right now messing with them is not a good idea.

Kim knows all of this by the way im sure hes not as dumb as everyone makes him look. He is just tryin to make a statement to the world so that the two words "North Korea" are written on paper at your breakfast table.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Officials: US Tracking Suspicious Ship From North Korea

WASHINGTON – The U.S. military is tracking a ship from North Korea that may be carrying illicit weapons, the first vessel monitored under tougher new United Nations rules meant to rein in and punish the communist government following a nuclear test, officials said Thursday.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said he has ordered additional protections for Hawaii just in case North Korea launches a long-range missile over the Pacific Ocean.

Source

Just sharing....

Peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Perhaps this business with NK is finally the kickoff of the NWO's dream. If a missile is launched, who'd actually know if it was NK's missile or one that was helped along to begin the salvo of launches from other powers. Those missiles might already target certain areas of the world where there are problems that are pretty much never going to end, and probably will continue to get worse without serious intervention. Eliminating large numbers of people from said areas would solve those issues. The countries that would survive pretty much intact would then unify and become a great economic engine and set out to rebuild a partially!! destroyed Earth. Building a great new peaceful NWO.
After 9/11, I believe anything is possible!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Has Japan been taking lessons from Israel in how to play "wag the dog?

Just as Israel keeps telling us how bad Iran is, trying to get America to nuke it, Japan is now trying to stir Americans up over a puny little nation of half starved incompetents, AKA North Korea.

North Korea's "great leader" Kim Jong-il, has quite likely been dead for years, leaving his generals in charge. The worst damage they are doing is to their own people, starving them, brainwashing them and keeping them in miserable subjugation.

I'd be surprised if their ranks are not already infiltrated with CIA, MI6 and Mossad operatives, making sure NK does no more harm than they want it to do.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Bismarcksea:

North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii...

Yeah, let's hope so!

The situation needs dealing with, yet, even with all the new UN sanctions put in place, the US cannot act unilaterally...it has to gain UN permission beforehand. It cannot just board ships bound for NK even when they know such ships have broken the sanctions before...they have to ask for permission before boarding. It's all a joke, a mere stalling procedure, hoping in the meanwhile that the NK will come to its political senses.

What is the point of negotiating sanctions if when you put them in place, the world becomes aware of them having no teeth?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Some of you guys are hilarious. You put way too much stock in the intelligence agencies of the United States. Intelligence gathering is a very long, arduous and difficult task. And it's not always perfect, accurate, or even legit. You still need boots on the ground to gather intelligence. There is only so much you can garner from satellites and speculation. If you think the CIA or other intelligence entities within the US have infiltrated North Korea you have no clue just how tight that country is. It's not like the middle east, europe or Latin America. It's a completely different nation that has been cut off from the rest of the world for a long time. Our missile defense system is not perfect. Far from it. Most of the "testing" has involved computer models etc. without very many actual direct threat tests. You can equate our missile defense system to meteorology and the weatherman. A lot of it is luck. The eventual infallibility some of you have of our military and government is childish and ridiculous. Just look at how the FBI botched the events leading up to 9/11 to see just how incompetent some of the branches of government are.

North Korea could spark a regional war and would wreak havoc on South Korea if a war was to break out. IF you think the US is going to drop nukes on NK you are delusional. That would happen only in the very extreme scenario. I.e. the situation in WWII with Japan. It would be political suicide for the US to pre-emptively strike NK with nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

I'd be surprised if their ranks are not already infiltrated with CIA, MI6 and Mossad operatives, making sure NK does no more harm than they want it to do.

I highly dought that..Their upper ranks are like a family bussiness..I wouldnt be surprised if they have held their ranks for decades..It isnt structured like the US or UK military..Look at pics of Kimmy from years ago and compare his Ontarage through the years..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm sure president Obama's far left advisers and teleprompters are urging him to immediately draw up a very mean threatening letter for the North Korean government, and will launch this preemptive letter as soon as possible, providing there is full coalition support.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Has Japan been taking lessons from Israel in how to play "wag the dog?

Just as Israel keeps telling us how bad Iran is, trying to get America to nuke it, Japan is now trying to stir Americans up over a puny little nation of half starved incompetents, AKA North Korea.

North Korea's "great leader" Kim Jong-il, has quite likely been dead for years, leaving his generals in charge. The worst damage they are doing is to their own people, starving them, brainwashing them and keeping them in miserable subjugation.

LOL You act like the CIA, MI6 and Mossad are superheroes or something. Again you give silly childlike qualities to these government agencies. They are far from perfect and have made many mistakes in the past. Why do you think the US has been engaged with a pissing match for the last 10+ years with NK? We cannot stop their production of nuclear weapons. They are not Iraq or Afghanistan. They are a formidable military who could wreak havoc in the part of the world. Plus if you think for a minute that Russia or China isn't secretly using this situation to their advantage well in your opinion Mossad and CIA can walk on water! LOL.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

I highly dought that..Their upper ranks are like a family bussiness..I wouldnt be surprised if they have held their ranks for decades..It isnt structured like the US or UK military..Look at pics of Kimmy from years ago and compare his Ontarage through the years..

Exactly. Some of these guys who think the MI6 and Mossad and CIA can penetrate everything and everyone. It's silly and is no reflection of the real world. We cannot and have not penetrated NK ranks. It's obvious or the regime would have imploded years ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I agree..If there was ever a wildcard in the deck,Kimmy is it..He's smart enough to only let you know what he wants you to..he has had 50 odd years to play this game..The worst enemy is an unpredictable one..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
NBC Nightly News reported this as well tonight...at first i assumed it was an attempt to scare us as usual to be good little americans but the July 4th celebrations are actually good for the economy...unless....they WANT to further ruin the economy....no....no no no....no way that could ever be the case...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
More fear for the masses....

I don't believe no matter how crazy Kim wants us to believe he is. that he is going to shoot a missle toward Hawaii on Independence Day.

On the flip side, I don't believe if the US thought this was a real threat we'd still be talking about his bomb, because we would be striking first.
Come even if this was a test, why would he not just aim it into the ocean and see how far it goes? Maybe Kim's a pawn in another plot. but a real threat?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by auntie_11k

why did we wait X amount of days to take care of the Somali pirates?

You dont think the nations advisors dont see the risks of being drawn in to a war in that region?

Look at the state of affairs in the world..We dont need to be in a weakend state..We will act accordingly if fired on..So I hope..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Redpillblues. you are correct we don't want to be in a weakend state, but we can't afford to make a mistake.

Like I said a pawn maybe, to divert attention to some thing else.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by auntie_11k

why did we wait X amount of days to take care of the Somali pirates?

Removed by poster ...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The NK saber-rattling may well drive a further remilitarization of Japan. They are in the back yard of KJI, our favorite, fat little meglomaniac, and they clearly want to have more of a self-reliant so far as their defense is concerned. At the end of the day, Red China would likely be more concerned w/ KJI's rantings leading to an ascendant Japanese military, not that they are slouches at this point.

It is the result that you never considered that usually bites you in the backside.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well why don't we(US) just give Japan 1 35 kilo-ton bomb, with locked in co-ordinates to Lil Kim's house, and let them have a little fun with the fireworks, I'd say Lil Kim would step back and think twice, and China and Russia would spank Lil Kim if he acted out again. The BRIC does not want any radioactive fallout in their backyards, and Japan would be on negotiationg terms with NK then.

Of course this is all planned out for us, except you have a couple of rogue nations wanting a piece of the pie for themselves and messing it all up for the NWO

Hopefully Lil Kim's playtoy's will fail again, I hear the fishy's need more habitats

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join