It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: N. Korea May Fire ICBM Toward Hawaii

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I believe Kim is getting brave because he knows our military is stretched thin. Have troops stationed across the globe and a two theatre war is having its toll.

Sure, agreed in that it looks so from the *outside* doesn't it.

But, it’s my opinion there is something here none of us on the *outside* know about.
Something way more than there just isn't any oil, or the USA is spread *too thin* to take on N.Korea.

Whether it’s behind the scenes China telling the USA to be mighty careful - or they’ll call in all the loans and everyone in the states will be eating spring rolls... OR something else, I don't’ know.

But I’m telling you there’s a LOT more to this than any of us have a clue to , and obviously the PTB aren't telling.

I still believe the USA set up N.Korea just like they did Saddam Hussein (use them then make them the fall guy) and now it seems the time has come to find out the *WHY*...

Why - is what we may soon be finding out - if this report is more than another dish of fear mongering.

Even if it is fear mongering - once again - back to the repetitious WHY...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by silo13]

How can the US set up N. Korea?

That's outrageous. North Korea's antics are nothing bt their own doing.

Kim Jong Il is a madman and no one can fake that.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Originally posted by silo13

I believe Kim is getting brave because he knows our military is stretched thin. Have troops stationed across the globe and a two theatre war is having its toll.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by silo13]

Kim Jong Il is a madman and no one can fake that.

It's a good point well made, in fairness.

The impression I get is that he is as mad as can be. Although, as pointed out earlier I'm sure the MSM are gleely adding their venom at every given opportunity.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Why do I hear this over and over? People here on ATS like to say 'I am enlightend', 'I know whats going on' - they use the term MSM (main stream media) and they say - you can't believe it, its lies. Then in the same breath they believe everything on it.

The MSM is ALL lies - nothing portrayed there is true - it is designed to GIVE you an opinion, not to inform you.

North Korea is NEVER going to attack the US or any US interest - unless it is totally provoked and backed into a corner from which it has no other way out but by fighting. Kim Jong Il (KJI) is perfectly sane, rational and reasonable human being - he is being demonized by the MSM for a very specific reason.

He saw what happened to Iraq - who disarmed, had sanctions applied - but did that stop them from being invaded by the US?? NO! KJI knows the only way to defend his country from invasion by the US (its the Bilderscum that want to invade NK) is to make it so that the US know that ANY and ALL acts that they try and use to coerce him will result in a massive retaliation - whatever he can muster.

If you consider that the Bilderscum are trying EVERYTHING in their power to starve his country and FORCE him into submission - they are provoking him constantly - then you might begin to understand his actions. However, you only get one side of the picture - the one that makes him look crazy - and that is what the MSM and Bilderscum want you to believe. They don't want to fight - they want him to give up - so they can put in their central banks, undermine the government of the country and enslave its population.

It annoys me considerably when supposedly intelligent and informed people simply regurgitate the opinion they have been given by the MSM.

Get informed - the enemy is not IRan, niether is it NK, or Iraq - the real enemy is controlling the western governments and the media.

Don't make NK another Iraq - where millions of innocent people are killed because of a lie told to you by the Bilderscum - because they don't want anyone to stand against them.

ARE YOU KIDDING?

NORTH KOREA IS A THREAT... and that is NOT made up.

Western media may have controlled many things, but Kim Jong Il's control and power is NOT a creation of Western media.

If this was just something the US concocted, u can see it. YOU CAN SEE IT LOUD AND CLEAR because none of the other country's governments will bother. They will KNOW it's US agenda at work.

Why is it that China did not take side with either Iran or US during the whole Iran conflict? Why is it that the UN didn't respond with such strength to Osama's threats as they are responding now to NK?

It is because KJI is a megalomaniac, who is probably about to die, if u take into account his poor health and his sudden succestion of his son, and his endgame before he goes is to leave his country in a position of power. He is NOT sane, rational or normal.

GOODNESS WHAT A MISCONCEPTION ABOUT ONE OF THE BIGGEST MONSTROSITIES IN THE MODERN WORLD!

Now I know many of you are skeptical of the media etc etc but this is ridiculous. What is happening is REAL.

The issue here is not Fox News being always quoted, but that the OPs CHOOSE to place FoxNews as a starting source. If you go do your research, you'll find out (first-hand if you do things like Euna and Laura did) that North Korea MEANS things.

Maybe they're exaggerating the strength of the missiles. Maybe the Western media is exaggerating. But whoever's doing the exaggerating, you can rest assured NOW is not the case. Or at least not as much, or not even the same kind, as Iran.

Please. You are now so disillusioned with the media you are turning your eyes away the truth IN FRONT OF YOU.

You wish the governments would disclose alien existence but you refuse to see the TRUTH of what's ALREADY BEEN SAID.

Isn't it ironic?

Don't be fooled.

Don't be so skeptical that you actually think NORTH KOREA WILL NOT ATTACK US. That is horribly wrong.

Probably someone back in 2000 said on another conspiracy board, "Oh. Come on. The terrorists are completely demonized by Western media. They're actually sane and rational. They won't bomb the US or fly planes into its buildings. It's all to instill fear in the citizens for the NWO to take over."

Famous last words, isn't it.

Please be able to discern instances of subliminal media control from instances where the media is adding opinion to something they are reporting THAT IS ALREADY FACT. This discernment is what makes ATS-ers special.

Don't treat this like its fiction or a concoction. This is SERIOUS. And you probably won't believe that until North Korea tests its missile on the water 30 miles to the left of Oahu Beach or something.

DISCERN, my friend, DISCERN!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just a couple things to keep in mind...

North Korea's first test of the Taepodong 2 missile failed July 5, 2006 about 45 seconds into the flight. The missile fell into the East Sea/Sea of Japan. Japanese military sources claimed the trajectory was aimed over Japan at Hawaii.

An April 5 Taepodong-2 launch passed over Japan and crashed into the Pacific Ocean between Japan and Hawaii. North Koran authorities claimed the launch was designed to place a satellite in orbit. Japan's NHK news reported, "The country says the satellite is on the right track and transmitting to the earth songs hailing its founder Kim Il Sung and his son, Kim Jong Il, the current leader, at a frequency of 470 megahertz." In spite of these claims there is no evidence that any satellite ever reached orbit.

Sources speculated that the missile fell into the ocean after the third stage failed to ignite. Trajectory of the missile was pointed directly at the Hawaiian Islands. With a properly functioning third stage, the Taepodong-2 is believed to have a trajectory of 4,500 miles--the distance from the launch pad to Honolulu. North Korea has claimed a trajectory as long as 9,320 miles. The accuracy of the missile is unknown.

North Korea conducted a successful nuclear test May 25 and has recently tested several short-range missiles. There is no evidence that North Korea has developed the ability to mount a nuclear warhead on any of its missiles.

[url=http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/main/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/776/N-Korea-takes-aim-at-Hawaii-again.aspx]Source[/u rl]

Distance from Los Angeles to Pyongyang Distance is 9569 kilometers or 5946 miles or 5167 nautical miles

Distance from Anchorage to Pyongyang Distance is 6015 kilometers or 3738 miles or 3248 nautical miles

Pyongyang to the capital of Alaska, Juneau, it is 4296.32 miles.

So if they do have a range of 9,320 miles. that puts most of the west coast at risk... however Most trajectories leading from NK to Alaska would pass over Russian territory at several points. Unless the NKs were going to fire into China, almost every other trajectory passes over Japan. and that would piss of people they would rather not...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

CX

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A question......Fox has just been reporting that NK sold the Taep'o-dong to Iran, and that Iran successfuly tested the 1000km range missile.

Does this mean that NK also has that capability too, or that Iran had a successfull launch and NK messed thiers up?

CX.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
He's just blowing smoke but this actually makes a little sense. If he wants to hit the west coast of the US some day, which I assume he does, he has to 'take out' hawaii first. Barking Sands protects the entire west coast of the US (and HI) and it's their job to knock down anything he tries to fire in that direction. So maybe he's thinking take out the defenses in HI (good luck) and the west coast is his? LOL, He's a crazy little man.
Remember what Biden said when Barry got elected? It's been about 6 months now. Maybe he knows we're going to bait NK into something like Pearl Harbor and then nuke the crap out of them?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
okay, but if they really ARE going to do this, why would the news be reporting on it? for one, now that its in the news, wouldn't NK think twice about this? for another thing why would they tell people? thats ridiculous.

and i have heard from ex-military who worked with satellites and defense systems and they told me that its pretty close to impossible for us to be bombed or shot at with a missile unless we allow it or unless someone gets into out borders with any bomb.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My God, Why would any sane person make war on Hawaii... again.
The most beautiful paradise on the planet deserves that peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Launch a missile towards Hawaii? Oh, for cripes sake, there goes my timeshare!!!

Vaporising Pyongyang achieves not a lot. Hitting the great leader's mausoleum with a conventional missile set up as a penetrator is much more hilarious.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
My God, Why would any sane person make war on Hawaii... again.
The most beautiful paradise on the planet deserves that peace.

Lil Kim is not sane, thats the problem. This is exactly what everyone worried about for years with nuclear weapons, a madman getting a hold of them. You can't get much more crazy than Kim.

Again: THIS IS WHAT THE WORLD HAS BEEN WORRIED ABOUT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE NUCLEAR AGE.

Its real and its happening... I just hope Kim has some sanity left and is bluffing. I used to have so many nightmares about a nuclear war, and this almost fits right into my dreams...almost...not quite but close enough to even worry me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am moving this comment from another thread to this one because there are several on the same subject and they closed the other thread:

I guess you just kind of have to look at the other news stories about North Korea and it all seems to fit into a larger picture in my opinion. I think lil kim is nuts, and part of me suspects he is actually trying to start ww3. He could do it, and all of his actions as of late seem to point in that dirrection.

Unfortunatly, in such an instance, its the north korean people who would be hurt the most, and they are already hurting bad enough.

We are having another nuclear showdown, its happening right now as I type this. The doomsday clock is at 11:55, and I would not be surprised if the board of atomic sciences moves it closer to midnight very soon.

The Doomsday Clock

My own cheesy version of the Doomsday clock:
--Darkblade's Version of the Doomsday clock--

I like mine better, but the official website has all the information, mine was just my own way of expressing myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Here's one more news source, the BBC.

The US is "in a good position" to protect its territory from a potential North Korean missile strike, US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has said.

His comments came in response to a report that North Korea was considering launching a missile towards Hawaii.

US 'prepared' for N Korea missile

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
I think Kim must know something about his health. We all know he isn't the spring'est of chickens, and he IS getting ready to name his son his successor.

We could be looking at him setting up his ultimate hail mary before he dies. . and leave his kid to pick up the pieces.

Not that there would be any left to pick up.

I'm just getting a VERY erie feeling about this now. . .
I feel that strategicly this is whats going on..Kimmy pulls the trigger on his worst enemy before he croaks,we retaliate,while the son goes into power with a weakend populace..If infact we do retaliate with nukes i highly dought we will put boots on the ground..If we do the son can claim that it was his fathers decision,and lay blame onto him..

all in all i think he is infact setting up his sons succesion,wile taking a pop shot at the US..I highly dought he only has one or two working missiles,and old tech..Stratagy is a wonderfull thing,and persecption is even better..

I hope it never happens but i do hope if any nukes fall on any of our soil,we retaliate with extreme predjudice..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Reasons for the speculation were that the 2006 launch took place on the July 4 US Independence Day holiday, and because the 15th anniversary of North Korean president Kim Il-Sung's death will fall on July 8.

Assumption is the Mother of All F' Ups...

Really solid reasons, huh..? This is NOT going to happen...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
okay, but if they really ARE going to do this, why would the news be reporting on it? for one, now that its in the news, wouldn't NK think twice about this? for another thing why would they tell people? thats ridiculous.

Well, I don't think it will happen, but if it does, the strategy is perfect!

Make your intentions so well-known that nobody takes them seriously. Spout all kinds of insane rhetoric, basically declare war on the UN, US, and everybody who borders you. No one pays attention, and then do exactly what you warned us of!

If they pull that off, the entire world will look stupid and incompetent. A lunatic with one missile having outsmarted everyone! Think of the backlash from 9/11 times 1000. Only the CIA and NSA messed up by ignoring that threat, in this case we all know about it and ignore it anyway. How stupid will we feel on the 4th, out BBQing, and a lone missile whistles overhead. I may just have to laugh at myself right before the big bang!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If ol' ronery Kim nuked the U.S, instead of killing the morale of the country, which is what anyone would hope for by attacking us now, it would boost it big time. Remember peoples reaction on 9/11? Every other person wanted to know who did it so that we could get back at them. People young and old would want to know where to get a gun. Americans take a lot of crap and can be lazy, but when someone sucker punches us, we don't take to that to well. The retaliation from us would not be so pretty for NK. This is all just talk, this is what every president goes through at the beginning of their first term, it's just to test to see what the reaction was. Remember China at the beginning of Bush part twos term? They stopped the tough talk as soon as 9/11 happened.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'd take this seriously.

If anyone knows about bombing hawaii, it's japan....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Please do- so we can shoot it down with our lazer again. Ever wonder why N.K's other missiles have not performed well? these are missiles that have been altered from Chinnese missiles that work. but when they shoot them they fail? Kinda weird Huh !

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
OK...a little bit of fact to your assumption-fest.
A) NK has nuclear weapons
B) They HAVE NOT LEARNED to minutarize them to fit them on an ICBM.
C) This launch will be a missile launch ONLY, regardless of where it is pointed.
D) In the event of a rogue ICBM(nuclear tipped) event in the U.S. we WILL NOT RESPOND nuclear. We WILL respond conventionally, massively. This is American military doctorine. We are the only country on the planet to use nuclear weapons in a warfare setting and the keepers of this responsibility know what would entail.
E) KJI IS acting out of control. Whether or not he is insane is for psychologists and psychiatrists not forum lurkers.
F)If you ask me for sources I will tell you to do your own research and stop fear-mongering.
Vexd out--

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Is it me or does all this seem like a rope a dope..
A lot of other world leaders looking at making the US , not the only super power. Perhaps a response is exactly what everyone wants. I think this is all just bait for something much larger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join