It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: N. Korea May Fire ICBM Toward Hawaii

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Report: N. Korea May Fire ICBM Toward Hawaii

www.foxnews.com

TOKYO — North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese newspaper said Thursday, amid escalating tensions between the communist country and the United States over Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is totally getting out of hand! While the talking heads keep talking, this guy is SERIOUS. Is he insane? YES. Does he care? NO. We need to stop playing with him and put down or face the music when he nukes Japan, S Korea or Hawaii !

I believe Kim is getting brave because he knows our military is stretched thin. Have troops stationed across the globe and a two theatre war is having its toll. If this guy doesn't push the button by the end of the year, I'll be impressed!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I believe Kim is getting brave because he knows our military is stretched thin. Have troops stationed across the globe and a two theatre war is having its toll.

Sure, agreed in that it looks so from the *outside* doesn't it.

But, it’s my opinion there is something here none of us on the *outside* know about.
Something way more than there just isn't any oil, or the USA is spread *too thin* to take on N.Korea.

Whether it’s behind the scenes China telling the USA to be mighty careful - or they’ll call in all the loans and everyone in the states will be eating spring rolls... OR something else, I don't’ know.

But I’m telling you there’s a LOT more to this than any of us have a clue to , and obviously the PTB aren't telling.

I still believe the USA set up N.Korea just like they did Saddam Hussein (use them then make them the fall guy) and now it seems the time has come to find out the *WHY*...

Why - is what we may soon be finding out - if this report is more than another dish of fear mongering.

Even if it is fear mongering - once again - back to the repetitious WHY...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Did I miss something? Does he have an ICBM that actually works?

No...

Just the tube freakin the people... into approval of expansionary desires.

*I must contract what I added - he has a right to his defense.

Big time retractment.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by shanerz]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
yeah he's crazy... but you know what's more crazy? if he does the US will have lot more unofficial soldiers than it lets on. they just need a the "inspiration" too fight.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Kim is just pulling your strings. He's doing it for the respect he gets from his people. They're starving, and it takes the edge off starvation a little to watch Kim thumb his nose at the US, China, Russia, Japan, S Korea, etc.

People in Hawaii have nothing to fear. Kim isn't going to nuke anyone. N Korea has always been about all show and no go.

In my opinion, Kim needs economic help badly. His desperate moves are meant to draw the sympathy of the world to his plight. Instead of investments in nuclear power plants, he builds missiles. Instead of farm developments, it's weapons development. People in his country are under a big thumb of government, and they are unable to do anything about their plight, so they think. They do not get information from the outside world, so you could compare them to people living in a cult, on a grand scale.

They are obedient to their leader, as was Japan before WWII. It took extreme losses to change the populace. Hopefully, Kim will not instigate a war, as he can only lose population and productive land.

It is in the best interests of the world to ignore him, like a crying baby. If anything, his country needs help to survive. He has alienated his neighbors on all sides. His best choice is to cooperate, but we should not first strike. That's exactly what he wants. Don't forget, we rebuild countries we destroy. Got some more money? I didn't think so, so it's a bad idea to go to war with Kim. Let him rant and rave. Who cares, anyway?

What you are seeing is a dilemma. The people need help, but they cannot strike (like Iranians at present) because their will is so subdued by the propaganda machine. Hence, they suffer silently. Since the problem of oppression of their people cannot be solved by internal revolution of the people, it must be allowed to die out on its own while waiting for a change of leadership. Hopefully, the party line will change toward other countries and peace can return to the Koreas.

Wars are not won by bombers or missiles, they are only won by troops on the ground. N Korea can inflict damage, but they cannot win a war against anyone, including S Korea. They must be aware of this circumstance, and that is why they do nothing more than saber-rattling. Forget about N Korea, it's nothing to be concerned about.

I say look at the great possibilities of a better democracy in Iran. That means a lot to us in terms of peace in the Middle East. Iranians as a people want peace, despite the despicable actions of their President, who is another antagonistic saber-rattler. Trust me, it all show and no go.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm thinking his bite is a heck of a lot louder than his bark. However I also think that problem reaction solution is in play. After all everyone is calling for his demise and for us to do something before it's too late.

It IS too late! This is a play and we are the shocked audience and hecklers. My opinion: Whether Jong il can do it himself is another matter. And whether by air or sea, that's just another formality. They will let him go all the way before they either intercept a missile or smoke him out. If he launches a live nuke, it's going to work and have a much greater range than the underestimating analysts are saying and it will be over fast.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Wars are not won by bombers or missiles, they are only won by troops on the ground.

Wrong...

Wars can be won with nukes.

If you obliterate your enemy, you don't need to hold his territory. And if you obliterate it with nukes, he won't want to hold it either.

I hope this never gets put to the test.

CX

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Does anyone else get fed up with all the "they could do this" and "they may do this"?

The media cause more scaremongering and hype than any other organisation on this planet. I know Kim's one sandwich short of a picnic, but sometimes this whole NK business just reaks of the start of the Iraq war build-up.

So they may fire a missile at Hawaai? Hey you never know, Kimmy may get his hair sorted.....but he probably won't!

This not a dig at the OP, more at the media.

CX.

[edit on 18/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Why do I hear this over and over? People here on ATS like to say 'I am enlightend', 'I know whats going on' - they use the term MSM (main stream media) and they say - you can't believe it, its lies. Then in the same breath they believe everything on it.

The MSM is ALL lies - nothing portrayed there is true - it is designed to GIVE you an opinion, not to inform you.

North Korea is NEVER going to attack the US or any US interest - unless it is totally provoked and backed into a corner from which it has no other way out but by fighting. Kim Jong Il (KJI) is perfectly sane, rational and reasonable human being - he is being demonized by the MSM for a very specific reason.

He saw what happened to Iraq - who disarmed, had sanctions applied - but did that stop them from being invaded by the US?? NO! KJI knows the only way to defend his country from invasion by the US (its the Bilderscum that want to invade NK) is to make it so that the US know that ANY and ALL acts that they try and use to coerce him will result in a massive retaliation - whatever he can muster.

If you consider that the Bilderscum are trying EVERYTHING in their power to starve his country and FORCE him into submission - they are provoking him constantly - then you might begin to understand his actions. However, you only get one side of the picture - the one that makes him look crazy - and that is what the MSM and Bilderscum want you to believe. They don't want to fight - they want him to give up - so they can put in their central banks, undermine the government of the country and enslave its population.

It annoys me considerably when supposedly intelligent and informed people simply regurgitate the opinion they have been given by the MSM.

Get informed - the enemy is not IRan, niether is it NK, or Iraq - the real enemy is controlling the western governments and the media.

Don't make NK another Iraq - where millions of innocent people are killed because of a lie told to you by the Bilderscum - because they don't want anyone to stand against them.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am also fed up with this "They could..." becoz funny enough it all comes from Robert Murdorchs FIxednews.

And what is even more dumb is all the people who are so dumb that they start to crumble and fear.

Best regards.

Loke.:.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Wars are not won by bombers or missiles, they are only won by troops on the ground.

Wrong...

Wars can be won with nukes.

If you obliterate your enemy, you don't need to hold his territory. And if you obliterate it with nukes, he won't want to hold it either.

I hope this never gets put to the test.

Scorched Earth.....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It will not reach Hawaii, the last attempt landed in the Sea of Japan.

The United States will destroy the target before it even reaches Hawaii, no fear.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think Kim must know something about his health. We all know he isn't the spring'est of chickens, and he IS getting ready to name his son his successor.

We could be looking at him setting up his ultimate hail mary before he dies. . and leave his kid to pick up the pieces.

Not that there would be any left to pick up.

I'm just getting a VERY erie feeling about this now. . .

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why would he try and hit Hawaii? Yes, it is within the realm of the US, but I cannot see why he would choose that as a target. Fair enough there are AFBs on Hawaii, but with the range of bombers these days the US could attack from elsewhere in the Pacific.

Coupled together with the fact that presumably he hasnt got the tech anyway, I cant see this happening.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

the one thing i wonder about is

in this article, they say the north is about 3-5 years from being a serious threat to the western U.S

what if they are ready early

and this missile they plan to launch towards hawaii ends up being the real thing while our defenses are possibly not at the highest priority or level of readiness because we expect it to just be the regular missile with the 4000 range

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
When I was a young kid I had an older friend who used to pour gas down antholes, trail it off and then light it, If kimmy does this I fear the anthole that is North Korea will no longer exsist, it's sad but a reality do any of you really think obama would just "shoot it down"? no retalitory strike would happen because they can't determine the payload of an incoming ICBM.

The situation is tense no doubt, but somethings bound to happen sooner or latter and I fear sooner. Kimmy's lost his Kimchi and he's pissed so he's got nothing to loose, that is except millions of his people who he cares about? Think again he cares only for himself and the memory of his father. If anybody in the near future will use/attempt to use nukes it's him for certain IMO.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Every one goes on about the missile that they are going to launch and they are so scared they are going to attach a nuke to it, and nuke someone....

My question however is: If you are making the 1st tactical move would you rather not smuggle a nuke to were you want it to go off, and only use the missile for immediate retaliation?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yeah they could and rudolph the reindeer could run the NWO. So what, they could do helluva lot of things. I tell you who is really crazy, it's the western 'free' world who think they can bully an isolated country for decades and expect it to just give up and submit to their authority.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
Why would he try and hit Hawaii? Yes, it is within the realm of the US, but I cannot see why he would choose that as a target. Fair enough there are AFBs on Hawaii, but with the range of bombers these days the US could attack from elsewhere in the Pacific.

Coupled together with the fact that presumably he hasnt got the tech anyway, I cant see this happening.

US navy can be anywhere on the earth within 24 hours, plus all the nuclear subs, they can launch at Kim from his backyard pool.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join