It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Wishes Obama Hadn't Swatted That Fly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

WASHINGTON — The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

www.foxnews.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This was mentioned a day or two ago and a poster made a joke that PETA would get involved.

Turns out that PETA is getting involved over this incident.

President Obama has many, many flaws, but is killing a fly really something for them to get involved with?

Kind of a trivial thing for them to get aggitated about. I wonder if the trap they send him will have a spring loader on it that will sling red paint on him when he opens the box.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I wonder how many animal habits are demolished each year to get the resources to make that catcher. Nice work peta!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

What a bunch of idiots. I wish they could come watch me gun down a few wasps and bees with a can of bug spray in each hand while I stomp ants with my feet at the same time. I bet that would give them a real hissy fit.

If I were Obama I would have them release flies at every interview I did from now on just so I could kill them on TV.

Maybe they should change their name to PETAB.. B for Bugs.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ah, yes. PETA. I wonder if some of the PETA female members will participate in another nude protest? Maybe nude with large fly wings on their backs and antenna hair bands and big googley-eyed sunglasses.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I figured the best way to get flies out of the house. They like windows.

Pull up your blinds, take out the vaccume hose , and just suck em up from the window. Works wonderful! Wish I would have thought of it years ago.

Really, its a fly. Come on Pita. Now they are protecting maggots rites.

Shakes head, bangs it, ......ya know, just fits rite in with all the other crazy crap these days.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a couple of years ago PETA, protesting inhumane treatment of cattle, marched a cow to the top of a bell tower at U British Columbia. Upon reaching the top the cow was too afraid to come down and had to be put down.

last year, shortly after a horrific killing involving a beheading on a bus in the prairie provinces of Canada, PETA released an advertisement comparing the treatment of animals to the beheading on a bus in rural Canada.

I'm all for the humane treatment of animals however:

PETA maple syrup ban?

7 things you should know about PETA

PETA bus advertisement

UGH! these people are idiots.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It is beyond a joke.. there something very wrong with the PETA people
the just keep losing more and more credability

that is if they every had any!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Dzlr40]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
you know, as a supporter of animal rights and a lover of animals, especially my cat ... PETA, shut the hell up!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
When I saw President Obama swat the fly, the first thing I thought about was PETA or someone like that complaining about it. It is ludicrous if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
When I saw President Obama swat the fly, the first thing I thought about was PETA or someone like that complaining about it. It is ludicrous if you ask me.

It makes me so angry that they would put down thousands of pet dogs and cats given to them!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Lord of the Flies
en.wikipedia.org...

Forensic flies
science.howstuffworks.com...

Fly Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
LOL!
A whole group of Islanders and tourists were watching this at the bar (not a bar like you see in the states, whole families are in this bar and it serves ice cream and coffee, beer etc)...

Anyway, a hush fell over the once noisy room as everyone was held spellbound waiting for him to swat the fly.
You could have heard a pin drop in the *hold your breath* anticipation as we waited to see if he really got the fly.
A cheer rose up from every corner of the bar when they zoomed in on little Mr. Squished Fly.

A magic moment, lol!

I bust a gut when a tourist from the States (quite drunk) popped out with “Ya know what I could a made selling that thing for on E-Bay”!

hehehe

Oh poo!

I so wanted to post a video of a cut from *Super Fly* here but sorry to say it contained a racists slam (the *N* word).
Though back then was just another word, now I'm afraid would be found off taste for ATS.

Oh - and PETA - ya nubs - get a grip.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Lord of the Flies - Summary
www.bookrags.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Lord, I am a bit of an animal rights person and ceratinly a liberal but even I have my limts. These people are embarassing! Morons.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Random PETA fact for the day, they killed 95% of adoptable pets in their care in 2008.

WASHINGTON DC – Today the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) published documents online showing that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed 95 percent of the adoptable pets in its care during 2008. Despite years of public outrage over its euthanasia program, the animal rights group kills an average of 5.8 pets every day at its Norfolk, VA headquarters.

According to public records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 2,124 pets last year and placed only seven in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 21,339 dogs and cats have died at the hands of PETA workers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source

PETA are geniuses when it comes to advertising and marketing, but actually suck at animal welfare.

top topics

join