It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Bush/Cheney ever done anything that is actually illegal? Nope!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Give me the truth sport and back it up with proof.

You being a smart ass doesn't bother me. It is a slight annoyance that is easily solved with the push of a button when I get tired of it.

I feel bad for the people, if there are any, in your life though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adamc3

A star for you. You are right, Congress is responsible. But everyone loves to say it was all just Bush and Cheney trying to beat us all down and rule the world. Remember when they used to say that Bush wouldnt leave office. LOL.

He walked right out and was even gracious about it and has remained gracious to Obama since he left.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Well could you reiterate that truth again, because I havent seen one thing anyone has pointed out that is illegal, unless you are just sticking to some petty crimes Bush did while in college.

As I pointed out, the truth cannot be discussed in the context of your question because it is based on a false premise.

You are making the point that Bush/Cheney have never been caught, and not if they've done anything illegal.

Fact is that there are thousands of document to support illegal activity, and neither you or I were there to know for sure.

So the point is mute.

Have they ever been arrested and charged? No.

But that kind of honest thread and discussion is not available here.

That is the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

tailwaggers to a bunch of pedopliles. need i say more ? i think not.
oh what the hell. prosecuting attourney in the manson trial 69-71, for the state of Calif. Vincent Bugliosi- the book?
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder
came out a little over a year ago.

pick up a copy tonight or tommmorrow
[edit on 18-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Bush could have vetoed it. Sending it back, with a note "Make this constitutional, or don't make it at all."

The congress didn't WRITE the bill, they merely did what the president did -- signed on to it. Everyone is guilty here, not just the congress. Not just the president.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Did you even read the title to this thread, it is "Have Bush/Cheney ever done anything that is actually illegal? Nope!"

Did I ask if they were ever charged? Nope!

I just said give me some proof that they did anything illegal.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

tailwaggers to a bunch of pedopliles. need i say more ? i think not.

If you want anybody to understand what you are talking about, you might want to say more.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well actually no one is guilty in relation to the patriot act, as it has never been deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Even if it were it wouldnt meaned they broke the law, just that the way they framed the Bills was in violation of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

4 pages and nothing but cop outs about your question not being the right one, the patriot act that is still being used 6 months into the new administration and something about pedophiles.

Its safe to assume you won't have any luck tonight. Better luck tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamc3

Just because the Justice Dept. says something, doesnt make legal/illegal. They simply review existing laws and interpret it in their favor, lawyers do it all the time.

Well who is the President supposed to trust for legal advice if he cannot go to the Justice Dept? Maybe he should have asked Bin Ladens attorneys.

Bin Laden's attorney's are too expensive, even for Bush.
Your right the Justice Dept. is for legal advice, but what I am saying is that they are not deciding what is legal or illegal simply interpreting and giving advice. The Supreme Court still has final say in whats legal/illegal

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well thanks for your posts. I agree we havent made any progress even after 4 pages. Maybe I should ask them how I could frame the question so they would answer it?

Well I woulld probably get answers like the question should be tell me all the things you have heard or personally accused Bush/Cheney of,,,no proof needed.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Did you even read the title to this thread, it is "Have Bush/Cheney ever done anything that is actually illegal? Nope!"

Did I ask if they were ever charged? Nope!

I just said give me some proof that they did anything illegal.

*sigh*

I know grapesofraft ....

You are missing the point.

Your premise is that they haven't done anything illegal because they have never been caught. It is a false premise upon which you have built a glaring strawman argument.

It's like you saying sdog hasn't done anything illegal because I have never been caught.

They two are unrelated.

Be it me or the Bush administration the variables that go into charging someone are many, to say that said person hasn't broken the law is at the very least naive at the most disingenuous political posturing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by adamc3

Did the Supreme Court find anything Bush/Cheney did to be illegal or even legally torture?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Oh cmon. They were in front of the whole world for 8 years and not one person has brought them up on charges, even though they are allegedly guilty of all the things listed in my OP.

That is unbelievable! Is a person not presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Oh cmon. They were in front of the whole world for 8 years and not one person has brought them up on charges, even though they are allegedly guilty of all the things listed in my OP.

That is unbelievable!

At last, you and I are in total agreement.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

4 pages and nothing but cop outs about your question not being the right one, the patriot act that is still being used 6 months into the new administration and something about pedophiles.

Its safe to assume you won't have any luck tonight. Better luck tomorrow.

One issue that has been decided, by a judge in California (big surprise), is that the warrantless wiretaps were illegal. Rules for wiretaps were clearly set out in the 1978 FISA. The rules for getting a legal tap were pretty relaxed, you could tap anyone and simply had to go to the court within 48 and get the warrant. But the Admin claimed that requiring them to go to a secret court within 48 hrs. restricted their ability to preform wiretaps. which seems a little sketchy. But they will never be charged, Obama will never allow it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Well it becomes much more believable once you realize that all of the stuff was just made up by people who were against their policies. I guess you could call it political and/or character assassination.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by adamc3

So the question is were Bush and Cheney found guilty or was it just deemed a violation of the law for the method of wire tapping that was used by whateve government agency did it. I am sure Bush and Cheney were not personally running around tapping peoples phones in their spare time.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

hewllo go back and read my edit.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for updating it. I still dont understand the new post either. Are you trying to say that their is a book that say Bush is charged with murder? What is the name of the book? Are you also trying to say it was written by the guy that wrote the Charles Manson book?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join