It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Bush/Cheney ever done anything that is actually illegal? Nope!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I don't know, I wish they would prosecute. I think Obama wants to steer clear of that, because Cheney would use the media coverage to press his agenda. I don't think Obama wants that, especially not right now.

So, he turns a blind eye, and we move on like nothing happened. I fear that those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it, though. Which makes prosecuting war crimes worth the effort, in order to stop crimes from recurring in the future.

During World War II both Japanese troops, especially the Kempeitai, and the officers of the Gestapo, the German secret police, used waterboarding as a method of torture. During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.
en.wikipedia.org...

Although, prosecution could also backfire. Cheney could win, and waterboards could become so common you'll see one set up at your local police station. Chilling thought. (I know I know, we only torture the terrorists. But apparently you haven't looked into what the state is calling "terrorists" these days.)

My question to you, is why didn't Cheney release these memos when he was in office??? This torture scandal isn't new -- they had all the resources of the highest office in the country to make their case for waterboarding, and failed. Now that they're out of office, suddenly there's a bunch of proof that vindicates Cheney, and it's up to Obama to find this proof and release it to the public. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

The thread slowed down. They are all googling war crimes and will soon post articles from way out there sites as proof.

Oh dear ...

You really think we're trying to convince you?

If such are your beliefs there's no evidence in the world that would achieve that.
Hell if Bush himself whispered it to you you'd call him a liar.

Please, enjoy your lovefest, some of us actually deal in the present.

[edit on 17 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neil a

LOL, well maybe you guys will get lucky too and get Bush/Cheney on tax evasion. Got any proof of that?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh so you have moved on. You accuse them of being equal to Satan and Hitler but you decided to move on to the present. Maybe you can find some dirt on Obama/Biden.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

*snip*

Bush and Cheney will buy it and eat it for breakfast. I am pretty sure that they eat peoples internal organs. I heard it on the Alex Jones show.

Mod Edit: Removed previously removed quoted text

[edit on 18-6-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Oh so you have moved on. You accuse them of being equal to Satan and Hitler but you decided to move on to the present. Maybe you can find some dirt on Obama/Biden.

Yes, in a thread about Bush/Cheney.. Makes sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yes I am in love with bush and cheney. I think about their old wrinkly sacks every night.

You probably saw, but ignored the post where I said if their was any credible proof of guilt then they should be punished.

I thought you was done? You did say good bye.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Did Bush/Cheney invent depleted uranium shells? They have been in use since at least the first Gulf War.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

First of all I was just playing with both you and jd as you both seem to have a rather limited grasp on the facts and reality.

Not so much because your point isn't valid but simply because of the transparent and dogmatic way with which you present it.

The fact that you are so hastily willing to assume that I am an Obama supporter only further solidifies your position as one caught in the archaic right/left paradigm.

As such there is very little of value here other than a fleeting moment of amusement.

Just saying ...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
nothing that they have done is illegal so long as you subscribe to the notion that "if the president does it, that means it's not illegal"

i don't, neither should you

link   

LOL, I never said you were an Obama supporter. I said go get some dirt on him since you have moved on past Bush/Cheney.

link   

Just because the Justice Dept. says something, doesnt make legal/illegal. They simply review existing laws and interpret it in their favor, lawyers do it all the time.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

The fact that you are so hastily willing to assume that I am an Obama supporter only further solidifies your position as one caught in the archaic right/left paradigm.

Yea, rather like Coke Vs Pepsi, or sports team A vs sports team B.

People are easily put into a mob mentality. Even on ats

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamc3

Just because the Justice Dept. says something, doesnt make legal/illegal. They simply review existing laws and interpret it in their favor, lawyers do it all the time.

Well who is the President supposed to trust for legal advice if he cannot go to the Justice Dept? Maybe he should have asked Bin Ladens attorneys.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Do you actually have anything to contribute to this thread?

So far all you have been is a smart ass.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214
nothing that they have done is illegal so long as you subscribe to the notion that "if the president does it, that means it's not illegal"

i don't, neither should you

Well I do not subscribe to the notion that niothing a President does is illegal. But I havent seen one thing where he broke the law during his Presidency not one. I am willing to listen though if you have anything at all.

I am just not one to start making up crimes because I disagree with someones policies.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Do you actually have anything to contribute to this thread?

Other than the painfully obvious truth, no.

So far all you have been is a smart ass.

Don't let it upset you sport, that's what I do every time neoconpoopery raises it's head.

[edit on 17 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well could you reiterate that truth again, because I havent seen one thing anyone has pointed out that is illegal, unless you are just sticking to some petty crimes Bush did while in college.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Originally posted by unityemissions

The administration clearly engaged in psychological warfare on the American people. They mixed in the emotional outpouring of 9-11 with the issue of Iraq. If someone can't see this, they are just sleeping. Why did the issue with WMD's in Iraq come up after 9-11? Why did this whole concept of war on terror begin?

The patriot acts violate the constitution. Isn't that the supreme law of our nation?

Proof of psychological WARFARE by Bush/Cheney on the American people?

The war on terror began about 1 second after the first plane hit the first WTC.

IF the Patriot Acts violate the Constitution then why are they still in effect under a new admin and how did they ever pass Congress to begin with?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

Congress can, and has in the past, passed laws that were unconstitutional. Once they are challenged and work their way to the Supreme Court they are over turned. With the Patriot Act there hasnt been a challenge because it is difficult for an American citizen to demonstrate that their rights were violated. Mainly because evidence is hard to obtain due to "national security" restrictions on FOIA requests. There is little doubt in the legal community that if a case were to make it to the Supreme Court, the Patriot act would be declared unconstitutional. Having said all that Bush and Cheney are not responsibility for the Patriot Act, Congress is.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join