It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Far side of the Moon photos - oddities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I think it looks normal enough,the shadow of the big Crater
is not that dark really,(at least on my screen)you can still see
the terrain in the shadow and there is a spill of light coming from the Southwest and going down to the small crater,and the material round
the small crater is itself very bright plus any secondary light from the lighted side of the big Crater.
Another poster has said something is sitting on the basin of the big Crater
and casting a shadow.There isn't, it is the small crater itself,if there
was an object casting a shadow,then the light would have to be coming from the North/Northeast and that would make everything in the picture you can see a mountain,including the big Crater!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That mound on the moon has a flat-top..

Very cool images indeed. S & F
Might be God's dwelling, so prepare yourselves.

Regards,

-map

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i dont know about you guys, but looking at it this photo seems doctored.

also i according to the lighting its a crater, however this may be a 3D representation of the surface.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclearman

Hi Nuclear,
The Indian site link from the OP has done some Contour pics although I don't think it includes the pics we see here,I could be wrong though.
They are computers interpretations using the actual pics I think, and may or not be be a 100%

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is a one that I have change the contrast levels on in order to check if there was any 'pshop spots', check for yourself or download my lossless pdf copy below. (req. A.Reader 7.5+). I made the file like this to keep the original impact of the file while photoshop filtered the pixels for me a bit. Do it your self and check. Knowledge is power. Thx OP!

Download .pdf file: 'TMC_24Nov_FarSide_AFT.pdf' 4.33 MB - Ext. Source

Right-Click 'save as'.

Edit:

Clear traces of manipulated pictures (smudged) with illogical resolutions.

Do you see the horse-shoe smudge around the little shadows in the middle right corner of the crater? so that is a mystery.. Almost, unreal?
Well, certainly not anymore. How foolish those 'elites' are acting with this, just plain stupid hot-shot carelessness, well, in 'their' face!

Have a good one, and keep looking up

Peace

Edit 2:

Jpeg copy of contrast changed pic, changed to cmyk for reasons .

Cheers

[edit on 18-6-2009 by astorath]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I know its a late post but uhh, if it were a hill and the top was chopped off by some collision or whatever, then i dont think there would be any rubble near by.... it is space after all and thus the rubble wouldn't just roll down the hill because of gravity pulling it down... i would imagine ut would kinda float off... but i aint a space expert.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by astorath

Having alot of trouble with your link....any ideas??

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ok, guys. There's been a lot of discussion whether that's a crater or a hillock. Whenever in doubt, all you've gotta do is it invert the image 180 deg. Let's do that for this particular image....

So, it's clearly a crater! With a flat bottom.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclearman

I have some from 2002. NASA has just made a new one. (LINK)I cannot find this new version. I saw it in a press conference, a 3D map on the computer, and its way better than the ones I have (that are still nice). The LRO mission has a laser altimeter and is going to map in even greater detail than the map they just finished.

I'd attach the maps here but there 3 files each over 300MB
If no one can link you them I will try and find them again. I think a lot of people here should have these maps to compare oddity's too. If anyone knows where to find the new map please do share. The newer map combines data from Goldstone's radar and Japan's Kaguya laser altimeter data.

Here is another link right from NASA about the new map LINK They give a sample of the south pole area.. but in the press conference I saw the whole moon mapped with this kind of detail.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SecretUsername]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
I do not believe this is a crater.Definition of the surface gets better toward the peak. There appears to be reflective material on the surface on the northern half of the base, most photos you see of the moon have a dull look, like it absorbs light rather than reflecting it in this case .

I'm 100% sure it is a crater.

Look at the shadows cast by the boulders and other small craters seen in the picture -- all of the shadows are cast "northward" (toward the top of the original photo [NOT Zorgon's inverted photo]. The shadow on the feature in question is on the "south" slope (towards the bottom of the picture) -- therefore it is a hole, not a hill.

If it was a hill, the shadow would be on the "north" slope.

The flat portion in the bottom of the crater is probably dust left over from the crater's creation -- the dust was thrown upward during the crater's creation and in fell back downward after the crater was made. It collected in the bottom due to gravity.

[edit on 6/22/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
The images are so poor in quality people are actually arguing if it's a crater or a hill.

I mean come on, how come there's no color? And honestly, what kind of camera are they using?

The shape of the top or center is very interesting, very symmetrical in shape.

A huge ship covered up with some doctoring?

The Camera in question is a Terrain Mapping camera. Here are the details from their site:

The TMC will image in the panchromatic spectral region of 0.5 to 0.85 µm, with a spatial/ ground resolution of 5 m and swath coverage of 20 km. The camera is configured for imaging in the pushbroom mode, with three linear 4k element detectors in the image plane for fore, nadir and aft views, along the ground track of the satellite. The fore and aft view angles are ±25º respectively w.r.t. Nadir. TMC will measure the solar radiation reflected / scattered from the Moon’s surface. The dynamic range of the reflected signal is quite large, represented by the two extreme targets – fresh crust rocks and mature mare soil.
TMC uses Linear Active Pixel Sensor (APS) detector with in-built digitizer. Single refractive optics will cover the total field of view for the three detectors. The output of the detector will be in digitized form. The optics is designed as a single unit catering to the wide field of view (FOV) requirement in the direction along the ground track. The incident beams from the fore (+25°) and aft (-25°) directions are directed on to the focusing optics, using mirrors. Modular camera electronics for each detector is custom designed for the system requirements using FPGA. The expected data rate is of the order of 50 Mbps. The dimension of TMC payload is 370 mm x 220 mm x 414 mm and mass is 6.3 kg.
The Terrain mapping camera is said to be pan-chromatic, dont know if that is color . Also, they have a radar mapping instrument also on their probe that also maps the surface. That should be able to clear up if its a crater or a hill. They have 3 separate cameras by the description and the shining reflective surface is just sunlight reflecting off the moon's surface.

Also, the actual feature may be quite small in reality.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thouht I would bump this thread with breaking news to support my belief the pic shows a crater with evidence of water being at one time at the bottom.

It's Official: Water Found on the Moon

India’s lunar mission finds evidence of water on the Moon

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As pointed out already, you can clearly see by looking at the shadows of other smaller craters around it, as well as objects that it is a crater.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join