It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France passengers 'died mid-air'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Air France passengers 'died mid-air'

www.news.com.au

BODIES recovered in the Air France disaster show multiple fractures in the legs, hips and arms consistent with the plane breaking up in the air, officials said.

A spokesman for Brazilian medical examiners told The Associated Press (AP) that autopsies on an undisclosed number of the 50 bodies recovered so far showed the fractures.

The description of the bodies and large pieces of the plane recovered point to the jet breaking apart in the air, said Frank Ciacco, a former forensic expert at the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I wonder what could have caused this mid air break up! Pretty strange. At least more details are slowly starting to emerge about this incident.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/6/09 by dallas18]

[edit on 17/6/09 by dallas18]

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think their Judgment on this is off with their assessments. How do they tell the difference between bone breaks in Mid air and Impact at sea level considering No one knows what speed the plane hit the water.

I'm sure if the plane hits the water at 200 Miles per hour or 500 Miles per hour it will show different Plane damage characteristics. Same with injuries to the people.

No signs of burns is a clear indication that it never exploded. And when It crashed in the sea, some one needs to tell them that Fire does not burn that well in water.

A saw another article that said there was no water in their Lungs, Well you only get water in your lungs if you drown. If you die on Impact you dead before you go under water, hence no water in the lungs.

There’s no mystery here, except the Proven fault electronics on these planes. They designed to override the Human factor-Which to me should be made Illegal-That’s why there is two pilots.

Let just wait and when they find the black box we will know.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What's really strange is that there was no mayday call from the cockpit. This flight obviously broke up in mid air sendind out messages of failing systems during the event.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Many planes have crashed without a Mayday call, it all depends on what's important to the Pilot.

They may have been so busy reacting to the problem the last thing on their mind was to talk on the radio which someone that cannot help them.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

No signs of burns is a clear indication that it never exploded. And when It crashed in the sea, some one needs to tell them that Fire does not burn that well in water.

Sorry my friend but if the plane was intact and broke up when it hit the water and there was a fire the bodies would be burned.

Jet fuel is lighter than water so it WILL SIT ON TOP of the water and burn if ignited. why do you think airport fire departments use FOAM to put out fuel fires? plain water will just push the flames around because the fuel is lighter than the water

The lack of burns supports the theory of a mid-air breakup. the fuel dispersed in the air over a large area and didn't ignite on the water.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Actually fire does burn on water depending on what is coating it. Planes and boats jettison fuel or leak oil all the time, plus the liquids associated with a jet crash are accelerants. You'd be surprised at how polluted the ocean is, the east coast of Florida usually has a permanent residue ring at the beachline.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
I think their Judgment on this is off with their assessments. How do they tell the difference between bone breaks in Mid air and Impact at sea level considering No one knows what speed the plane hit the water.

I'm sure if the plane hits the water at 200 Miles per hour or 500 Miles per hour it will show different Plane damage characteristics. Same with injuries to the people.

Well I'm sure that if the investigators are coming to this conclusion they are not doing it lightly.

If the aircraft breaks up at high level then the bodies are subject to a hell of a lot of atmospheric buffeting on the tumble down... and If the break up was sudden the bodies (or people) would NOT be strapped in, the seatbelt signs would (maybe) be off.

For a pathologist it would be fairly clear - especially when they get more bodies and make the comparison base bigger and bigger.

edit to add: sad issue indeed

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

bet you the deficit of the US that the plane collided with a UFO

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
poor souls. i feel for the people that were afraid to fly if there were any aboard that day, and for everyone aboard and their families. i hope it was an instantaneous death for them.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
poor souls. i feel for the people that were afraid to fly if there were any aboard that day, and for everyone aboard and their families. i hope it was an instantaneous death for them.

Time of useful consciousness at 34,500 feet is about 30-60 seconds. This was probably a rapid decompression, so you can cut that time in half (force exhalation of the lungs/rapid rate of decent).

They never knew what hit them.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Good point Merc.....the specific gravity of Jet Fuel is lighter than that of H2O. I agree with what you said.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by zooplancton

Time of useful consciousness at 34,500 feet is about 30-60 seconds. This was probably a rapid decompression, so you can cut that time in half (force exhalation of the lungs/rapid rate of decent).

They never knew what hit them.

I read also that most of the bodies that have been recovered were missing all their clothes, indicating an ejection from the plane somewhere around 30,000 ft. range maybe. With that kind of force, not to mention the storm, early indications are pointing to a mid-air breakup.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You would think that with a multi-million dollar sub prowling the ocean depths that they would have located the black boxes by now. They say that there is only about a weeks worth of pinging left on those boxes. It will be interesting to see what depth they are found at.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
You would think that with a multi-million dollar sub prowling the ocean depths that they would have located the black boxes by now. They say that there is only about a weeks worth of pinging left on those boxes. It will be interesting to see what depth they are found at.

The wreckage was scattered all over Hells Half Acre. They are trying to find boxes that are how big???

"Pinging" or not, that's a tall order.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

O.K Sherlock...lets think about this. A plane hits the water at ...lets say 300miles an hour. it'll break up into pieces and sink almost instantly. You envisioning that this is going to float on the surface with the water burning and sink slowly.

NO DUDE total carnage Violet sudden smash into the water –at an unknown angle. The only thing that will explode and burn is the wings, if they break off at impact and ¾ of the jet goes underwater they will not be Burned. Think about it. Sure some fire on the surface but no plane their just fuel.

This is not the Titanic or Hudson river Incident. It’s a plane that’s fallen from 30,000 feet and who knows what speed.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by desertdreamer

The wreckage was scattered all over Hells Half Acre. They are trying to find boxes that are how big???

"Pinging" or not, that's a tall order.

Should not be for a fine tuned instrument of war......that costs God knows how much.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait

You can tell the physics involved by the injuries a person sustains. I do alot of pediatric trama and I can tell if a kid was wearing a seat belt or not, it it was a lap belt, or full shoulder belt, if the kid was in a booster seat, if it faced the right way, the side hit etc.

We cant make that jump yet but I agree with you. If the bomb exploded in the rear cargo area say, the passangers in the front may not have had burns. Also even asmall explosion can cause a catastrophic failure wihtout intruding into the passager compartment.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So far, any pilot I've spoken to in the past few weeks has been behind the mid-air break up theory. All the automated messages regarding "loss of cabin pressurization" can only signify rapid decompression (obviously not insidious) and coupled with level five turbulance and loss of control....the evidence seems quite straightforward to me.

Remember, this rapid decompression was not from a cargo door or anything like that. It was taking an already extremely dangerous situation and making it ten times worse....like they always say, most flight accidents are a result of many incidents happening all at the same time.

Know this: a midair breakup would be a "better way to go" than a nose dive downward toward the sea.....after the time of useful consciousness passed they were all knocked out anyway

So sad.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
what the latest conclcusions is , that the stream of messages was after the event as the ACARS still had power and was transmitting the system failures as the aircraft was falling apart,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join