It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parental rights in jeopardy: Call Governor Perry today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just received a nasty little email from a friend. Have a look at what piece of trash our reps are trying to push through in Texas. I'm going to try and provide a link. This notice was provided by the American Family Association.

www.afa.net...

and

www.legis.state.tx.us...

edit:= actual text of the bill

Notice at the bottom of the bill it states:

Section 5. This act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of two-thirds of all members elected to each house, as provided by Section 39, Article III, Texas Constitution.
If this act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this Act takes effect September 1, 2009.

I'm not sure Perry can stop this one. It may have to go to court.

In a slick, last-minute move, dangerous language was tacked on as an amendment SB 1440, a bill which was just a simple two-line bill about a judge's signature in child abuse cases. This language, added on the last days of the legislative session, adds over 3 additional pages to this bill and strips parents of fundamental constitutional parental rights. That is why we are asking you to call Gov. Perry and ask him to VETO SB 1440!

SB 1440 allows Department of Family & Protective Services (DFPS) to enter your home and take your child from you where ever your child can be found, without prior notice, without a prior hearing, without a search warrant for an "interview, examination, and investigation." The law previously required a showing of "good cause." This requirement has now been eliminated under SB 1440.

This series of attacks on your family can take place "based on information available"-which could be an anonymous caller who believes "abuse" or "neglect" "may be" taking place in the home. This unconstitutional law can also be used to access your child's medical records, without your consent, against your objections, and without prior notice.

Read the letter to Governor Perry from Texas Homeschool Coalition. This letter clearly outlines the danger in this bill.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by pizzaguy]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by pizzaguy]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I reaally need you guys to get on board with this. These our the children they are opening up on their sick political agenda. It begins in one state and spreads to all of them. Help a parent and get this noticed.

PG

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I believe it still requires Perry's action. If he vetoes it, the bill is dead. If he signs or doesn't sign it becomes law.

If approved by both houses, the bill is signed by the presiding officers and sent to the governor.

Governor's Action
Upon receiving a bill, the governor has 10 days in which to sign the bill, veto it, or allow it to become law without a signature. If the governor vetoes the bill and the legislature is still in session, the bill is returned to the house in which it originated with an explanation of the governor's objections. A two-thirds majority in each house is required to override the veto. If the governor neither vetoes nor signs the bill within 10 days, the bill becomes a law. If a bill is sent to the governor within 10 days of final adjournment, the governor has until 20 days after final adjournment to sign the bill, veto it, or allow it to become law without a signature.

www.house.state.tx.us...

BTW, F/S.. This does require the people attention before we lose more rights as parents.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks and I appreciate your reading through the wall of text. I don't usually like writing a bunch of stuff, but as a parent there's no way I'm layin down on this one. I have headaches enough without wondering if some nutcase decides they don't like me and makes anonymous phone calls and then my kids disappear.

P

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh, dangit, I just posted this after the mods idavertedly deleted my original one. I got the same email from my sis.

MODs -> if you want to remove mine again, have at it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

We allow one "News" and one "Forum" thread on a given topic. Please proceed with the discussion within each thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Help protect somebody from unkind parental rights laws? I am the long suffering guy from an unkind ex who had repeatedly drug my soul through the mud because I had a child. After all of the injustice passed my way I wouldn't mind watching some fine citizens suffer along with me. Wait, let me get some popcorn.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Fuel for your fire here:

This is about CPS (DFPS's old name)

1. 1985 - Texas - a mother had her husband indicted for indecent exposure in front of his step-daughter. The CPS went after the MOTHER and began harassing her and threatening her because she didn't KNOW to make the charges at CPS instead of through the courts. Seems the problem was, CPS didn't get 'credit' for the bust - when all the Mother wanted was safety for her child.

It gets better - the CPS representative made late night interviews (after 10P.M.) and had the mother and child in the office being "examined" (harrassed) while the CPS Representative DRANK VODKA like a fish - (IN FRONT OF the Mother and child) - straight out of the bottle!

AND it gets BETTER! They PROMOTED that late-night Vodka alcholic as head of HOUSTON'S CPS!

The Mother finally had to find a new home for her daughter as CPS was bound and determined to kidnap her and give her to a foster home (where the Mother and Mother's family would never, ever get to see her again.)

2. 2000's - Wyoming - a child was born with a birthmark on his forehead. Wyoming CPS was sent to investigate the parents because of a birthmark!

I sincerely doubt Texas CPS is any better than this.

3. 1982 - Texas - Mother sends her daughter to school with a 100% balanced, nutritous sack lunch. The apple in question was BRAND new not even 12 hours before the following. The school nurse phones the Mother demanding the child go on the Free Lunch Program! When the Mother declined (because the school menu was leftover cold pizza and nothing much else - and NEVER anything nutritious) the school nurse advised that CPS would be coming to take the child away. The nurse claimed the apple had a "bruise". The apple did not have a bruise. The whole schmuck was because the school gets EXTRA money for each child on the lunch program - and it's a profit maker for them because they served nothing but cheap starches.

That child would already be kidnapped by DFPS if that law was in effect in 1982.

So yes, they are complete idiots - and if this bill passes, no child raised in a GOOD home will be left behind (at home).

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzaguy

Technically it already is law. Perry has until the 21 to veto this abomination. If he does not, it will be fought in the court. Not only does the attrocity allow CPS to remove any child it wants without cause, the attrocity also allows CPS access to the medical of records all children in the state of Texas. This will make it so much easier for big pharma to pick out lab rats. The law also stipulates that CPS no longer must inform parents of court dates making it so much easier for CPS to keep children forever. It is a child traffickers dream come true.

This law brings to mind images of children being hunted like Jewish children were in Nazi Germany.If big pharma is allowed to play with this many children the results will not be much different than in NAZI Germany.

Call Perry at 1-800- 252-9600. Press 2 to speak to a human. Tell Perry to veto 1440. No more than this must be said. To say anymore might lead to visits from the FBI.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Take kid.......Eat Bullets...
Eat bullets until the muzzle glows red and begins to warp

new topics

top topics

join