It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Astral Projecton Dangerous

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Through the astral projections I have done I've come across nothing nasty at all. Has anyone closed their eyes in their astral form? I did and as I looked at my body, everything was all red like when you close your eyes on a sunny day, except I managed to see my body glowing in white. Was pretty damn cool.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Perhaps you were still in the garden.

I think that there is something to be said for many peoples estimation that we slip in and out of the Astral Plane almost casually.

Still if you go wandering, I would recommend taking things slowly and carefully. A child raised in a safe garden has no concept of viscious dogs, until they experience one for themselves.

I don't believe many of us know enough about the extents of that world to comprehend what might even constitute serious damage. I know that I have no concept of it at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I wasn't really aware of any garden. I've also walked through a window, stabbed my hand through a window over and over, only to notice my reflection floating there with its' arms folded.

The feeling of going through objects is weird. Your body just vibrates. It's epic.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
How can you expect anyone to answer such a question when there is not a single iota of proof or evidence that such a phenomena even exists ?
And whilst I'm on about it ... the same goes for ALL occult and spiritual beliefs ... zip ... zero ... nada ....

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I do hope you're being sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
..... Some things can simply not be proven to be fact, ... such as hhhmm, the big bang, ... relativity, even evolution.

... yet these are idea's people accept as fact, .... were dealing on a plane that cannot yet be measured by instruments or microscopes..... yet phsyics does support it, ... quantum theory's. How do you measure what you cannot see ? .... our understand of the universe is still in an infantile stage.
.... as far as dangerous ?? .... I've never encountered anything that hurt me. On that plane only you can become your worst enemy. Even then, I've had nothing worse than a few scares, ... and a few restless spirits trying to grab my attention. The only thing you might bring back is a change of perception/ability.

.... and for those of you who ask how I know it wasnt a lucid dream, or delusion ?? ..... I've been able to seperate while completely awake.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

DO NOT DO IT.

Beware, do not do it.
why do I care about you? I care, because you are a person.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
How exactly is it dangerous? Because he gets to learn something new about himself?

Geez, some people said masturbation was wrong and did a lot of bad things. It felt so good though, so how could it be wrong?!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by randomguy

I am amazed that you can function at all being so afraid of things that you have no idea of; but obviouly have let your pastor/priest make up your mind for you!
My suggestion is:
1) lock yourself in your room with your bible,
2) actually read it
3) (heres the quantum leap) Make decisions for yourslf about what YOU have read
4) feel enlightened.....and at minimum, more knowledgable.
And lastly;5) think twice about going outside. Its a dangerous world out there, shadows may get you

you will be more amazed in a second

The phrase assumption is the mother of all f***ups comes to mind...

"but obviouly have let your pastor/priest make up your mind for you!"

I dont like pastor/priests.

New age gurus are repackaged priests/pastors. You are new age sheep, lol

1. lol
2. I did
3. oh... I did, and you will see what interesting things I read in a minute

4. lol
5. "shadows may get you" - If I ever get over my head I know who to call. If you ever get in over your head, you are on your own... oh well, # happens, people get in bad # every day, I am sure they do because they are not as smart and as carefull as you though...

You guys claim that you can venture in this supernatural place and you will be ok ?

Even walking in some city areas populated with mear humans can be dangerous, and you go in this place populated with supernatural stuff... I`m sorry buddy, but youre asking for trouble.

Get a girlfriand, and all this OOBE nonsense wont be so interesting anymore...
yea, I know, hit bellow the belt, so what... sue me

Look at what this user wrote (I he think has left theese forums since):

It's funny you mention they might trick me into believe they are a loved one. One of the reasons I am starting to feel that this is my purpose is an incident that happened a couple months ago. My grandfather's ghost has appeared to several members of my family at my grandmas house. Well, they thought it was him anyways. I had never seen him...until a few months ago. He appeared when I was there. Everyone else saw Grandpa, but I sure didn't. Nasty creature is what I saw. When it looked at me, I can only describe it as a shocked look on its face...I assume it could tell I could see it in its true form. Now for the 2nd strange part...it fled. I didn't do, or say anything. But it fled, and has never been seen again.

this is another thing he said:

I am Christian...and have quite a strong faith (compared to others...maybe not compared to what it SHOULD be.) [...] I DO believe that any hunting must be done as a vessel of God, and only through His power are we capable of overcoming a demon.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
reply to post by randomguy

I have projected many a time, only once did I run into a 'malevolent' entity, as long as you keep your wits about you, you shouldn't run into any trouble, Calling out to Jesus or whoever the flavour of the month in religeous icons/names is all well and good if you believe in them.
I for one DO NOT, when I ran into this unpleasant I simply said to myself " I am not going to welcome this , nor let this being near me, begone from my prescence" then it left.

The malevolent entitys are smarter than you, they have been doing this for milenia. They will not try to overpower you directly (at first), or else you will piss in your pantys, and try everything to get out of it, including calling for santa claus. But only oine thing will work, and it is not santa claus.

At first they lure you in. They "trick" you. They are chameleons.

You don't need to be all pious and religeous to AP,

who said anything about being pious or religious ? It is a practical thing. Jesus the dude is there, you call for help when you get into trouble, the incident ends. No need for pious stuff.

you need to be aware there are entities out there that can speak softly to you, promisiing you your every desire,

You mean like vome on a forum and promise to give you an OOBE if you do such and such ?

The only people that I have read about who say " DO NOT AP , YOU'LL BE TRAPPED BY DEMONS" etc. are the ones that have never attempted it, or have only had a lucid dream involving their own fears and anxieties.

That`s funny, because ALL te people who I read that say "do not try" are the ones who discovered the demon stuff THE HARD WAY.

Even on this forum there are plenty who write about being attacked by demons and #.

And invariably some dufus comes along and tells them to not be scared, or to burn insense, or to surround themselves with white light, or to send love to it, etc, and also invariably it never works

OTOH ALL the people who try to even utter the word, Jesus,thats all it takes, to utter the words, and the entity pisses in its interdimentional pants.

This is the proof Jesus is real: that it works even for the people who dont belive in him, but try to say his name just in case it works.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
How exactly is it dangerous? Because he gets to learn something new about himself?

Geez, some people said masturbation was wrong and did a lot of bad things. It felt so good though, so how could it be wrong?!

why are you trying so hard to push this thing ?

Even sneakily making it sound equivalent to sex... That is some subtle manipulation you did there...

WTF do you get a bonus for every person or what ?

I havent seen people so desperate to covertly push # in a long time.

Ooooh, its like sex, they sid sex is bad too, now you like sex dont you... yeaaa, then try this too.... >

Theese people obviously want to lure you in.

It is ironic that this is happening on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Uhhhhh...Mate, I think you're not really trying to get what I'm saying. I'm not trying to push anything here.

I mean, how could I exactly push it? I can't say I've had extensive experience with astral projection, but I don't see how it can be harmful. Ok, sure, there are malevolent entities out there if we're not careful. There are malevolent entities once I walk out the house. Is there really any difference?

Well, I guess there probably is. I mean, I don't think people can possess you. Actually, upon reflection, I guess they're about the same. People can drain your energy, people can get into your mind, people can wrench the life out of you. In fact, I'd be bold to say there's little difference. Well, the main difference I can see is that they're on a different density and being in their yard with little experiencewe can't really manipulate things like they can.

All I'm really trying to say is that there's no harm in trying. It can only make you more powerful. Apparently having the ability to leave your body means you're already powerful, anyway. There's no point trying to scare people out of something that could, in turn, help them find out a little more about themselves and their abilities. Taking away their ability with negativity isn't something that can advance people. You don't really want to hinder people's progress, do you?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
are there any risks to the soul / body when having a oobe? imagine our soul leaves our body and is harmed in the astral plane by evil entities or is unable to return. is that possible to happen?

If your naked when you do it you could catch a cold. This actually happened to someone I knew. He was in Denver at the time and it was pretty cold outside.

Seriously the Amazing Randi is offering One Million Dollars to anyone who can prove this paranormal stuff in his lab.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
OK maybe we need to define a few things to free peoples mind from circular thinking.

Phenomena, the knowable, the proveable, the measurable.
Neumena, the unknowable the un-provable, the unmeasurable.

Astral Projection is Neumena. I don't think anyone who has any experience of it has the slightest interest in convincing you or anyone else of it's existence. It simply is not possible.

If you don't believe, you can either mutter the same phrases over and over, try for yourself and then decide, or move on.

Those of us who have some experience consider those who choose the first option to be only partially conscious. Both in this reality and the other.

I don't suppose you might have considered "the other" possability on why people are discussing this subject here. Not everyone who believe in something is an evangelist with some rigid set of cannonical laws, perhaps like yourself.

Maybe they are looking for others to compare notes with to enhance their personal experience, and fill out their own personal understaning of their experiences.

Maybe it is you who is trying to "Convert Everyone" to your dogmatic droning of predigested formality.

Is it so brave to always have to keep your eyes tightly shut hiding in the dark from things which may not fit neatly into your belief system, then go running to ask some authority what it is you believe in when you accidentally catch a peek of something untidy?

Just keep your fingers in your ears and keep chanting. There is nothing out there, there is nothing out there, there is nothing out there!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I astral project... and I also do astral combat. Is projection necessarily dangerous? Not really.

It all depends on what you are doing, what your intentions are. Are you a peaceful traveler, an investigator, or are you purposefully seeking entities for the sake of battle?

A peaceful traveler will be left alone. You're just a wandering spirit traveling about, something most beings which live or act on that plane wouldn't concern themselves with.

An investigator, one who is seeking something (usually knowledge), more often than not will first be "judged", depending on what it is you are trying to learn, or "judged" on your person... your worthiness. If you are deemed unworthy or unfit, you are merely placed back into your body or fall into a deeper state of sleep, unaware that you ever left it.

If, however, you are seeking a combat situation, one of two things will happen. One, you are judged, and the above happens. Two, you will be harmed. Now, I am not saying you will be left maimed or crippled... what I am saying is that any wounds you receive astrally will appear on your body.

For example: I've woken with scratches across my chest, hand shaped bruising along the back of my arms, numbness of my extremities... stuff like that. I've also had entities pushing me or holding me down so I couldn't get out (I just drifted down, under my body, instead).

But like I said, it all depends on what you are wanting to do.

EDIT HERE: or depends on how astrally sensitive you are. That plays a big part as well.

[edit on 2009/6/28 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
...numbness of my extremities...

So they fight dirty in the astral realm, huh?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Soothsayer, Whome do you fight when you project?

Why?

How?

This is very curious to me, I have not heard of this before.
Is it a fairly common thing, to your experience?

Do you pick the fights, or do you go looking for something in nasty places and have no choice but to fight?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
We live in house of sorts, like a small child, we can perhaps safely slip out and wander around the garden.

Astral projection allows us the potential to slip out the gate and wander far from home. There are genuine threats, should you wander outside the garden. Across the highway, past the railroad tracks, and into the jungle.

One of the worst fates is that you stay away from home so long that you can't remember the original home when you return, can't recognize it anymore and therefore can't accept it as your home. Those spirits can become drifters, wanderers, breaking into other spirit's houses sometimes mistaking it as their own (like posessed). Along the way such a poor spirit might be tempted to join a bigger house adding power to the existing main spirit who dwells there or it is indoctrinated to believe the bigger house is supposed to be a common house where many spirits live and that is the way existence is. They can be indoctrinated and kept as pets for pleasure of the main spirit who owns the house. Such houses are hells of their own, some are even planes of their own so large, some are in complete chaos, almost abandonded or kept orderly.

There are many spirits like that after so many countless eons of evolution of spirit, some are so far gone they don't even understand they have a home of their own or even the concept of a house, like formless entities lacking all form and shape, just raw power of feelings like insanity without a mind to go insane. Some still grow in those situations and they may become agents of the spirit who owns the house, being send out to recruit or seduce newcomers. Others are merely kept to serve the home owner for energy so that the owner can do things which they could normally do after many eons of development, like perpetuum mobiles doing the same motions over and over again never really changing or evolving.

I do believe that this doesn't happen to the human sphere anymore because the human spirit withdrew from those spheres a very long time ago and created a sphere of it's own, seperate from those. We might still do evil deeds but more because we have been like that for so long, it is like a hard habit ingrained in our spirit that is fading and once it is completely faded away we will likely relearn our abilities and not have to fight ever again, just be spirits to explore, communicate in the many ways we do, or just have fun. If the human sphere would still be in contact with those spheres we would suffer unimaginably.

That these planes still exist is tragic and cause of much strife and disharmony which still affect our sphere in a way (but which also works bothways and push us to evolve in a way), these are the regions which are not only hard to reach mainly because they are not included in the usual representation of the astral planes but mostly because we have no memory of it and have to travel a really long way to get there. Which is completely logical since it is unwise to go there. Still there are those who work there, those who did not join to create the human spirit or simply left the human sphere after reaching a spiritual perfection, who chose to give all spirits a home of their own in safety and security, those are some very evolved beings who can not only create new homes but also teach those spirits how to create homes for themselves.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To the OP: the best advice is LEARN first what to expect!

I suggest a book, in paper (not internet) - start with "Astral Dynamics"
of Robert Bruce... its 600 pages long, it covers EVERYTHING, what to
expect, what to do and why things are these way.

I projected myself 4 times already... it is life changing, BUT things got
a little messy for me, so there is a good balance from positive to negative
experiences.

## Positive:

1 - I got only very fast projections (10 secs) and the memory (or the good
reintegration phase (read the book!) is strong as wake memory;

2 - I experience the real time astral AND the astral proper, so I can prove
to myself the theory is right on the dot.

3 - Zero grav... oh my.. best thing ever... just amazing.

4 - TK is ridiculous strong there! Believe me, you can lift cars.

### Negative

1 - Astral noises. When reaching light trance and getting the vibrations,
my door was getting repeteadly hit, like some emergency was happening...
and the other day, my neighboor was 'moving his chairs' at 3:30' AM...
NON-STOP....

>> This can happen, but just ignore them!

2 - Earthbound spirit... i found one in my house.. some random guy with
a crazy attitude against my wife.. i saw him and the AP ended.

>> Not to worry... we are 6 billion people, this should happen frequently.

3 - Heart racing. FAST. It can be very distracting... and can leave you
wondering if you have a heart condition of sorts...

>> Again, no worries.. my heart chakra was unbalanced, i did some
energy work around and it got fine after 2 weeks.

See, dont worry and get on with it!

(people who say priest/dont do it have an agenda)

RP

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thanks, I'm going to get the book!

It sounds like a great resource.

<< 1    3 >>

join