It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and self proclaimed aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Great answer. Thank you

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
edit: also, iv come across some people who think they came to earth on dragons. DRAGONS!

What, you mean, you didn't?!

Boy, you'd don't know what you're missing!

No I agree - as much as I do enjoy this site for some of the lively debates, the threads about such-and-such being an alien/entity/god/light-being/illuminaughty, etc - it does devalue a lot of what ATS strives to achieve : truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i think diasy-lola was being sarcastic... judging from the way she made her point. Yes, it may be possible... but any common sense points the other way. I don't like seeing topics ruined by rhetoric... but when someone posts a topic like "many of you are actually aliens" then you know the type of person who is going to be drawn in. I doubt we will see very many of those types in this thread because we have already put up a wall of common sense against the Mongols of fantasy.

The dragon rider joke refers to an individual (i believe its a girl) on the thread referenced above, who posted excessively and started randomly talking about how she came to earth on a dragon. its an interesting read if your a psychology student. Some people are delusional without the meds

link   
I'm not even sure that I am happy being a human being and now I've got the added extra stress of knowing that I could just cop out and claim alienhood? And get away with it to some degree?

Man this place is fun.

BTW if I change my username to "Glarknox" and start posting alien threads, ya'll please keep this post on the downlow.

link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I once had a bright glowing orb fly right by my face, so much so that I jump backwards to move out of it way. It buzzed around my room for about 3 seconds then disapeared through the closed window. This was inside my flat, and witnessed by my girlfriend.

Now, how would you interpret this?

Is this such a claim?

Just interested to see your thoughts...

[edit on 17-6-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

That is a more credible story than the contact thread I was talking about. The story you just told me about is like many others and I myself have had experiences with very strange things, which is why I joined ATS a while back. Again, Im not a skeptic. Please read the final contact thread. Its useless to argue with me unless you have an idea of what Im trying to touch upon.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

LMAO. "cop out and claim alienhood" Thats awesome. You just made my day with that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Look my friend, I'm not arguing with you.

I've seen and read so much stuff on various subjects, I understand your point. However, all I'm saying you never know, that is all.

I did find this a while back, and I believe it 100%

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Please do that first before you criticize me for being skeptical. I'm not against astounding claims.

I wasn't having a go at you being skeptical. Have a re-read of my post. If anything I was agreeing with you, and then, think of all the terms I could mean 'Special' in.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If they were real aliens, they wouldn't be posting it on here, that's for sure. Why go through all the trouble of keeping themselves out of sight, just to blab about it on the interweb?
Just keep your common sense about you, and weed out the disinformers. "The truth is out there."

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

I understand what you're saying. I also think you're misunderstanding me or I didnt make myself clear. The claims themselves are not what I have a problem with. It's the made up ones. I know theyre made up because of the way the poster goes back and changes their story and contradicts themselves. I will always consider an outlandish claim to be reasonable because hey, we never know. We dont understand anything about the universe as a whole. I understand that and agree with you. That said, I merely wanted to know how often ppl posted obvious, self incriminating, lies? When someone is blatantly making false claims its not always easy to spot, but when they're bad at it...... well it's real easy to spot. As in the case with Commander Ly on. I also agree that ppl can post whatever they like and that everyone has different beliefs. I just was curious about everyone elses thoughts on the poor attempts at deception. There are a bunch of them. I mean, you can't assume that they are all credible. Otherwise there is no truth because many of the ideas go against one another. Right?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

[edit on 17-6-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I agree.

But there is no way to put an end to silly posters. As someone put, "welcome to the internet".

Free speech and all that, people will write what they want. This is why people S&F members and posts. I suppose this give more credibility to the poster.

I'm quite new here, was a lurker for a while then finally decided to start contributing, however from the handful of threads I've posted on, I've now started a nice collection of stars and received 500 bonus points yesterday after receiving "Applause"??

Just want to know where I cash in my bonus points for a cuddly toy?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

That video was very intriguing dsm. I myself believe in much of what that guy was saying. Whether or not he's an alien is not the issue. I believe that we as individuals must start to awaken and realize that love and truth are what matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That was my exact thoughts on the video also.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is the Internet. This is not real life.

My only regret is that when I joined ATS is that I didn't lie and say I was 25 or 30 years old and have a really hot avatar and flirt with the boys. That really gets a member lots of flags and stars.

In my opinion over half of the members of this forum and most other forums are disabled people that are not the beautiful people they want us to think they are.

If a person really has a life and family they do not have the time to be on this site all day and half the night.

So, is it more of a lie to say you are a star child or to say that you are a doctor or some other type of professional person and really just be a lonely person with no life.

A lie is a lie. The Internet is filled with untruths.

If people think they are aliens then so be it. Others think they are princesses and he men types.

It is good that we have self ordained experts that will happily set us straight on the facts. Ha, ha.

You ask for proof that someone is what they say they are. Prove they are not who they claim to be.

I don't come here to read about star children or aliens writing messages to us.

I come here for the news and entertainment.

Have you thought that many are starting threads now just to get the pretty blue color on that ugly flag contribution thing? I noticed an increase in nonsense and sensational threads lately also and feel it is in hopes of flags.

Simply ignore what you don't care to read about. The Internet is full of lies and deceit. Just sift the information you see with a very fine sieve.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Personally, I am surprised that this thread has not been closed. There are some, shall we say, "elevated" mods here who, in my opinion, only want to hear one side of this "I am an alien" nonsense. There has already been an entire opposing and interesting thread that had been starred and flagged many times, but was removed because it was deemed to be "mocking".
I had made a point of noting that, here on ATS, making fun of people with religious beliefs and mocking them is just fine and somewhat encouraged, but it is not acceptable to do the same with the "I am an alien" religion. When I made that point, my post was removed within one minute for being "off topic".

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The fact is that the burden of proof IS on them to prove they are aliens.
Being human is the accepted normality of users on the internet, and therefore in my opinion, we must accept everyone is human until proved otherwise, no matter how much they want to be something else in their head. I do not believe in this "prove they are not" argument.
All the best, my pedigree chums.

G

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Personally, I am surprised that this thread has not been closed. There are some, shall we say, "elevated" mods here who, in my opinion, only want to hear one side of this "I am an alien" nonsense. There has already been an entire opposing and interesting thread that had been starred and flagged many times, but was removed because it was deemed to be "mocking".
I had made a point of noting that, here on ATS, making fun of people with religious beliefs and mocking them is just fine and somewhat encouraged, but it is not acceptable to do the same with the "I am an alien" religion. When I made that point, my post was removed within one minute for being "off topic".

You rang ?

I have no problem with either side of this discussion, honestly I don't.
That being said both sides are going to discuss it in a civil manner, bottom line.

Personally do I think these people are aliens, no, I don't. Do I care if they claim to be, no I don't, because I can't prove that they are not.

Just be mindful of the terms and conditions and discuss the topic until your heart is content.

To prevent any further derailment of this thread if anyone has questions or comments, please feel free to u2u me or any staff member or you may use the ATS Issues Thread.

Thanks,

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Very much agreed, I think that entire topic removal was an embarassing debacle. I'm very much interested in the existence of aliens (ET or otherwise), if you're on hear stating you've had an experience then the burden of proof weighs on you OR you get a statement like "I saw these lights over the White House, did anyone else see them?" that kind of enquiry.

I'm gonna dissect the header from the top of this thread:

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects.

Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely*

Likely, but not always...

tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups.
Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the examination of the "extraterrestrial phenomenon" on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals.

Again most of us (all) are being mindful of this history, I wholly support it and take into account lots of theories, sightings etc - some that have been debunked and others that remain open.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join