It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detoxification, Amazing Results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Again, sound advice. What you say about keeping your home as your temple is so true, I can see it being important and having direct effects. I had a mad flash of clarity when I read the last sentence about addiction, almost a physical feeling of awakening to something. I hope your not using text based NLP to use me as a slave or somehting.
But seriously, as frightening as it seems having my temple empty of all nasties, you have made it easier for me to visualise how I will get there. Thanks.
I'm due to go to work now but this post will lay heavy in my mind.

Edit to add: Yeah I think the Web of Truth feature on my Firefox is pretty sensitive :-)

[edit on 17-6-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

seems Masaru is employing a technique for gathering e-mail addies

nothing to fear but here is another link water 2

didn't see anything as obnoxious... but that's all it is, obnoxious

I do allot of ppc for a living myself... harmless, the intent is to get the e-mail address to sell you something by giving an annoying pop up...

I usually employ a free offer or something... not a damn pop up, I hate those things...

pity, that sort of thing just discredits some fascinating work imho it's the sort of stuff you see on a male enhancement site or something... really foolish

The basic premise is that prayer, thought and intention can affect the quality and structure of water and I truely believe it does...

the work does stand to itself to be taken seriously at least in concept and is at the least.. thought provoking

Might send him an e-mail about that technique...

I mean gosh... your saying thought affects reality....

then you make your website really annoying

kind of counter productive lol

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

you know...

they always say that when someone heals from diabetes lol

yet there seem to be a whole heck of allot of us who have... so I highly doubt they have never seen it before or heard of it

as for margarine

it's a single hydrogen molecule away from being PLASTIC

don't ever, ever, ever... eat Margarine

Butter

Better yet

I like to make Ghee which is essentially clarified butter the Hindus claim it to have remarkable healing properties and it's loaded with vitamin D

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Great post. I feel pretty damn motivated. Hope you stay on coarse.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Detox is a bunch of rubbish. If your body couldn't get rid of toxins then you would be dead.

Your health improvements have come along simply because you are eating right! Your body no longer has to expend as much energy breaking down things like alcohol and the damage that alcohol abuse can do is easy to see. This has absolutely nothing to do with detox, it is completely because you are eating better which means more vitamins and minerals, fibre, micro nutrients and the exercise is going to have tons of good effects.

Look sorry i don't mean to be rude but the detox stuff is absolute, complete, bunk. There is no proof for it working in peer reviewed journals, at least not double blind trials. The saunas are very good for your skin though, i've used those myself and my skin was noticeably better.

As for your parkinsons. If you truly were diagnosed with this then i think a mistake was made. If parkinsons were so easy to cure then tons of people would be cured right now. Don't you think they all tried the stuff you tried? Many of them do and remain unwell. So yes i think you were diagnosed incorrectly with this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Shame on you

And to the OP S&F and Kudos for taking care of yourself it takes a lot of effort and awareness to reclaim your health. Your testimonial is extremely valuable, and you will give wings to many who are willing to make these important life changes.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That my friend, is just pure amazing.

Well done you.

I try to keep my body in as good condition as possible, and tell myself.

"Be good to my body, because if it wasn't for it, you wouldn't be here today"

I sorta repeat that everyday, and it makes me chuckle to myself.

Congratualtions, you shall now be rewarded with a hell load of ATS points

Love&Light

jacob

EDIT - Oh and I'm very interested in the smoking thing. I mean, smoking is bad for you. But you have one every week.
I mean, personally i think cigarettes are disgusting, but things like hookah, actually taste really nice, and they're fun with friends. It's just the fact that i think they're really unhealthy, but you seem to be perfectly healthy and still do it, its extremely intreaging (sp?)

[edit on 17/6/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Very inspiring. This is what I would call a true awakening. I imagine that as you bring your stress levels down that you see things more clearly, that the little things that once drove you crazy now don't affect you.

well done and well said
thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
just one question. if you say you had stopped growing so saw no need to eat in excess, how were you able to gain 2 inch on your bi's without the food you need to grow? it takes a lot of protien to make muscle. everything else you said though was spot on, good thread

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When you are good to yourself on an everyday basis; getting exercise, nutritious whole foods and good rest, then the occasional "smoke" of whatever substance you choose, creamy desert or scrumptious pie isn't going to kill you.

Our bodies can naturally handle the occasional excess. It's the everyday excesses that do us in if not checked in time.

Think positive. Make small changes and slowly build on your successes. Pay attention to what your body tells you and enjoy the nicer feelings it gives you in return for small improvements.

At 61, I also beat the diabetis thing, and still take no meds - not to say there isn't still a lot I have to work on. A positive outlook is probably the strongest medicine.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Anyone ever try Kombucha or Reishi mushroom for health and detox? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Detox is a bunch of rubbish. If your body couldn't get rid of toxins then you would be dead.

Your health improvements have come along simply because you are eating right! Your body no longer has to expend as much energy breaking down things like alcohol and the damage that alcohol abuse can do is easy to see. This has absolutely nothing to do with detox, it is completely because you are eating better which means more vitamins and minerals, fibre, micro nutrients and the exercise is going to have tons of good effects.

Look sorry i don't mean to be rude but the detox stuff is absolute, complete, bunk. There is no proof for it working in peer reviewed journals, at least not double blind trials. The saunas are very good for your skin though, i've used those myself and my skin was noticeably better.

I've looked at studies of various alternative therapies and agree they rarely show the significant statistical differences. But when people make that critical first step of becoming pro-active about their lifestyle we see radical improvements.

Detoxification by the liver and other processes are built into the system. But you can demand too much of your own body's abilities.

Mike

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. Well written, simple, and to the point. Great post!

I'm also in the process to living a cleaner life. Eating mostly organic, no processed foods. Cutting back on alcohol to only one night a week or so. Occasional bowl, maybe 3 times a month. I average about 2 cigarettes a week.

No tv unless I'm at a friends house, ect...

I'm only 22 but I feel it is crucial to break away from the "toxic" way of life now rather than 10 years down the road.

Now I need to exercise more often. I do yard work about 4 days a week but I want to get back to hitting a heavy bag for 30 minutes everyday and doing pull ups, push ups, sit ups and going on hikes. Gyms bore me to death, so does repetitive weight lifting routines.

One thing I'd really like to do for myself is some how work around or with my ADHD without prescriptions. I'm going back to school in the fall and I really do need the scripts to survive but I'd like to take a more clean and natural approach. Any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good for you man!

Odwalla Superfood is probably one of the best choices you could have made. That stuff is spectacular, and it tastes great too!
I worked at starbucks a while back, when they sold odwalla, and I'd always try to find good drinks to put superfood in. They all looked terrible but they were delicious.

You should try dandelion tea, it's not the best tasting stuff but it really helps with detox.

Also, I find that you don't have to sacrifice your entire diet. I usually eat light through the day and eat quite hearty at dinner before a walk or some outside work. It's all about the quality of food you're making. Real food isn't going to hurt you much. Just get away from chemicals =)

But, I'm 20 so my metabolism hasn't slowed as much.

I'm glad to hear you got your chrons and parkinsons cleared up, that's good stuff man.

cheers to wine

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

Wow at 22 you are remarkable! I think you are already doing fine. The only thing I can suggest is keep it up
You will keep your youth all of your life and remember nothing is chronic.

Edit to ad that this is one of the most enlightened threads I have ever read on ATS, thanks for taking care of yourselves - you made my day!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just go to some rural parts of the world and farm. Yo'll be back to optimum health in no time =D.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Shame on you

And to the OP S&F and Kudos for taking care of yourself it takes a lot of effort and awareness to reclaim your health. Your testimonial is extremely valuable, and you will give wings to many who are willing to make these important life changes.

Shame on me why? I admire the OP for taking the steps to improve their life, i wish more would do it. I was only commenting on detox. Don't shame me when i have nothing to be sorry for.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
I've looked at studies of various alternative therapies and agree they rarely show the significant statistical differences. But when people make that critical first step of becoming pro-active about their lifestyle we see radical improvements.

Detoxification by the liver and other processes are built into the system. But you can demand too much of your own body's abilities.

Mike

Absolutely you can overload your system but all you need to do is stop taking the bad sbustances and your body will quickly sort itself out. The idea that you can detox is completely and utterly unfounded. No science to back it up at all. In fact many of the detoxes can actually slow your body down! The ones where you eat nothing and drink fruit juices and take supplements can be pretty damn bad for you.

The OP really has done a marvelous job at cleaning up their diet and increasing their exercise level. This is all anyone needs to do to see a massive improvement in their health. I really wish more people would have the will power to do this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
just wanted to say congatulations on your results...

my real turn around came with the birth of my son...if it werent for him, i have no doubt jail is where I would be...

i have tried doing the same things as you. i too have found eating less has really helped.

now, i just gotta get off that coffee. some people think it is the caffeine that is addicting, but I believe it is the sugar you put in the coffee that makes it addicting...

I believe sugar in general is addicting..it is absolutely everywhere. ill bet people would be seriously shocked (and hurting) if sugar would be taken from them..it is very very hard to "kick."

i try to replace the coffee with guyaki yerba matte sweetened with honey, but you just dont get that kick you get from espresso...

it sounds like you hit a rhythm with you exercise and lifestyle..making you feel great..getting in that rhythm is the ansolute hardest part. once you get over that preverbeal wall things become much easier....

ive been back inthe gym for the last 2 months, and havent gotten there yet. i have read somehwhere you can create a habit after 21 days in a row...

thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Great thread

Is there any chance that you could go into more detail about how you managed to fix the curvature of your spine because I'm having this kind of problem myself.

I think this may be due to the weight training I'm doing myself at the moment. It could be that my form/technique is wrong or I'm lifting to heavy or something.

Any insight would be appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join