It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Fresh Fruit!!! With Flouride!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If Water is pumped full of flouride and we grow fresh fruit using the water to water them does that in turn meen that the fruit the plants produce will have flouride in them??

It was a question that popped into my head as my mother has just started growing some fresh fruit plants such as cherrys,plums and apples. Then it hit me about the flouride in our water supply, are these plants affected by it in anyway and when the fruit is produced is there any way i can test the fruit for flouride?? Your thoughts are welcome guys and gals
peace and love to all xx

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
yes, it probably does soak it up. But if you're doing home grown, it's still going to be better than anything you buy in the shops, which will have been pumped so full of preservatives and pesticides that it renders them...well...rather like a chemical toilet.

If you want to clean your water from flouride and other nasties, then reverse osmosis is the only way to do it. Not cheep, but cheeper than water softening systems.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Cna i buy a kit to do this reverse osmosis and if so where abouts could i pick one up?? thanks again for the info

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Fluoride is a very common chemical found in pesticides and insecticides, most fruit and veg you buy from the shops already has a large amount of it on its skin anyway. From what i have read the only way to 100% clear fluoride from water is with a five stage reverse osmosis filtration system. Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thats FlUOride, and yes, its in everything

Chere here
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread473710/pg1]

hmm, that didnt work, have to learn that 1.

[edit on 17/6/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That's an interesting question. It seems to me that the fluoride in the water wouldn't matter all that much in growing cherries, apples, and plums. These fruits are grown on trees. Trees are grown outside where the primary source of water is from rain not "fluoridated city water". I'm assuming you live in an area that fluoridates the water and that your water doesn't come from a well. Well water is not fluoridated unless naturally.

As far as reverse osmosis filtration systems (or any filtration system really), they would not be applicable here because they are normally used for HOUSEHOLD water. I'm assuming also that your mother does not hand water these trees (from household water) and that the water you're referring to is coming from a watering system. That watering system would not be filtered by a household filtration system because normally they are attached directly to "the street" (the incoming water line to the house).

Enough of my ramblings... I seriously wouldn't worry about it... rain water would certainly dilute any fluoride additives.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Take a look at this link. This filter does not remove 100 percent of the fluoride but does at least remove the bulk so it is safer to drink.

They also sell extra filters that will remove up to 95 percent of the fluoride and the price I think you will find to be fair. After all you cannot put on price and your own well being and health.

LINK

Hope this helps; I advise all to purchase one as I will be doing myself in the next couple of days.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
yes, it probably does soak it up. But if you're doing home grown, it's still going to be better than anything you buy in the shops, which will have been pumped so full of preservatives and pesticides that it renders them...well...rather like a chemical toilet.

If you want to clean your water from flouride and other nasties, then reverse osmosis is the only way to do it. Not cheep, but cheeper than water softening systems.

A couple of months ago I ordered a Berkey gravity water filter system with add on filters that filter the flouride. I have to say I have really enjoyed using it.
I even did a little experiment and grew a few pots of plants inside watering half with tap water and the other half with my Berkey water filter. The plants watered with the filtered water grew much faster and was a bit more lush then the plants watered from the tap.
The "experiment" wasn't mind blowing or anything but a happy validation to myself.
I highly recomend at least looking into the company I enjoy the unit becuase of its portability...but don't buy the plastic version, I would stay to the stainless steel units.

Sorry hope I wasnt derailing the thread...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

why stop at just fruit?

anything organic that you consume would have traces of the minerals and chemicals used in its growth.

animals, fruit, vegetables, fish

scary scary

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, as long as fluorine derivatives do not kill us, I think I will be fine.

You can't prove that fluorine causes cancer just like you can't prove that smoking causes cancer. Until we can do that, fluorine will be continuously dumped by corporations in to our waters which we have to pay extra for.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sometimes it is indeed a bummer when you are awake.

Even if you get a filter, it will only filter so much per hour so yes, you could remove it from your tomatoes outside in your garden if you fill a watering can/bucket using your filter system on your kitchen sink, but not from your shower water, bath water, the water you wash your clothes in.

If you use your garden hose from outside, it will contain fluoride (if your area is fluoridated, which so many cities are).

When you actually look at the effects and costs of someone "medicating" your water, it no longer seems like such a good idea. You no longer have a choice unless you spend huge amounts of money/time to have it removed.

Stand up to your local water board and have the fluoride removed. Tell them it is to save them money. Ask them how much per year they are spending on fluoride to put into the water.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

If it rains a lot collect the water and use it to water your plants. Easier than filtering.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petchy29

If it rains a lot collect the water and use it to water your plants. Easier than filtering.

Yup. We had a 30 gallon plastic barrel given to us, cut off our drain spout at 5' high, and placed an elbow where the cut was, and ran the runoff from the eave trough into the barrel. Good clean water for the plants etc. If you need lots of rainwater you could put a barrel at each drainspout at your house, you'd never run out of fresh water.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by Petchy29

Yup. We had a 30 gallon plastic barrel given to us, cut off our drain spout at 5' high, and placed an elbow where the cut was, and ran the runoff from the eave trough into the barrel.

Be advised that depending on where you live, you may not have any rights at all to the water which falls upon your roof. Some localities will fine you and demand that you remove your rain water barrel... or else. I know it's not right, but I am not suggesting that you hide your rain barrels or break their laws.

top topics

join