It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WR Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

WR Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail

www.comcast.net

MIAMI (AP) — Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth began serving a 30-day jail sentence Tuesday for killing a pedestrian while driving drunk in Florida, a punishment made possible by his cooperation with investigators and the fervent wish by the victim's family to put the matter behind them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I couldn't believe this when I first read it. I'm a huge sports fan and even agree that players deserve certain perks. However, getting a slap on the hand for DUI manslaughter is a travesty of justice.

How many of you here think you would only be in jail for 30 days if you drank until 7am and killed a man on his way to work? I myself have had a DWI, but was fortunate enough to not injure anybody or myself, and I find this disgusting that when somebody was killed they get less of a punishment.

www.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's ridiculous. Brings up M. Vick comparisons. What he did was heinous but he did do hard time for it not to mention totally screw up what football career he had left.
As far as DT. I don't know if anything can be done on the judicial end of it but the NFL should have the good taste to suspend him for at least a few years.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by beezwaxes]

join