It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 How Could Al-Qaeda Have Known?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When I was in we would do war games every year at the same time always the same 2 weeks. Plus everyone on base who would be participating would be complaining about having to do it. Many times civilians would ask when they were occurring if they heard someone complaining so it wouldn't be hard to find out.

After the end of the games we would be debriefed and once in a while they would mention their plans for next years war games. Normally if it was going to end up being a mix of the different branches of the military they would start preparations a year in advance to make sure all the military gear, equipment and vehicles would be accessible for the games. Coordinating between the different branches of service took a lot of time and effort. So I'm not surprised by the games just the fact that the war game occurred on the exact same day as 9/11 with an exact scenario.

Even worse yet they failed the real life mission so to speak which is pretty sad considering they were already up and going for the games.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
As the other poster said, you're assuming that the scheduled training was an important part of their plan with no proof whatsoever that it was.

So, are you debunkers no longer pushing the idea that the airliners were not intercepted because the people didn't know the excercise went live? Is that not a crucial point that allowed the planes to reach their targets? If not for the breakdowns in security, would the airliners have made it to the Pentagon without being intercepted??

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No actually I'm not assuming anything. You clearly stated what your assumptions are.

I spent well over an hour last night wading through page after page of links searching for even a shred of relevance and there is so much crap that it is practically impossible to find anything relevant. I even went to the trouble to narrow my search by year and month, and once you get to September it's like nothing happened and nothing existed until the 11th.

Fortunately for you, I have since found what I was looking for. So here you go, the NORAD exercise was announced on September 9th.

NORAD

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Whoever claimed that is in disagreement with the officers who ran the wargames. They are on record somewhere (with names) in the 9/11 comission report i think that the wargames had no influence. Google will propably help you in finding that for the next time you run into a debunker claiming that.

You have yet not told me how al quaeda could forecast the weather over a period of 5 years btw...

Edit to add: ok PplVSNWO, The OP of this thread is it who said that the wargames and exercises were crucial. It is actually the whole point of his thread. I don't think he sees himself as a debunker.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by debunky]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
So, are you debunkers no longer pushing the idea that the airliners were not intercepted because the people didn't know the excercise went live? Is that not a crucial point that allowed the planes to reach their targets? If not for the breakdowns in security, would the airliners have made it to the Pentagon without being intercepted??

You're assuming I'm a debunker. I'm not. I generally stay out of this part of the forum due to the inability of many to have a civilized discussion without resorting to ridicule and attacks, but I let myself get pulled in to this thread to answer a simple question and have since been flooded with responses.

As for your questions, I honestly don't know. The article that I have quoted from was about emergency responders and medical personnel, not the military. The people in the article would not have been capable of or responsible for stopping the planes, they would only have been responsible for taking care of the injured in the aftermath. Being in the basement on the opposite side of the building and expecting a drill that day would explain why some of them would have believed that they were in fact having the drill.

Let's say that none of the training exercises had happened that day, but that the hijackers had still tried to fly planes into the buildings. What would the air force, or any one else for that matter, have been able to do to prevent it from happening? What options would have been available to stop the planes? The only option I can see would have been to blow the planes out of the sky, that is the only thing that would have kept them from hitting the towers or the pentagon.

What would have happened if they had done that? All the people on the planes would still have died, and while those in the towers might still be alive who would have died in their place? The debris from the planes being shot down would still have hit buildings and would still have killed hundreds of people at the least. New York is a crowded place with lots of buildings, even if they'd been there and shot the planes down they still would have crashed into a building. It just might have been a different one.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
You have yet not told me how al quaeda could forecast the weather over a period of 5 years btw...

That's the easy part. Just get weather reports for past years and make an educated guess.

I mean, if AlGore can do it.......

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Further, Jenna.. Had the Air Force (or whomever) shot down the Passenger Airliners before they hit any buildings... HOW WOULD ANYONE HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY WERE GOING TO HIT ANY BUILDINGS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Before 9/11 every hijacking ended with the airplane on the ground.. often in a completely different destination...but on the ground.

The war games were an after the fact conspiracy add-on used by propagandists to dupe the simple minded. Coloring the information as "crucial" to the operation; the naive never look further than the surface, and parrot the information with the same slant.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
........The only option I can see would have been to blow the planes out of the sky, that is the only thing that would have kept them from hitting the towers or the pentagon.

What would have happened if they had done that? All the people on the planes would still have died, and while those in the towers might still be alive who would have died in their place? The debris from the planes being shot down would still have hit buildings and would still have killed hundreds of people at the least. New York is a crowded place with lots of buildings, even if they'd been there and shot the planes down they still would have crashed into a building. It just might have been a different one.

That's what I always ask the 9/11 people. "Hey, what would have happened had the AF intercepted the airliners?" "Well, they would have shot them down!!"

They don't seem to picture that burning airliner cartwheeling thru downtown NYC. Not as many people probably would have died, but it still would have been terrible.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
Further, Jenna.. Had the Air Force (or whomever) shot down the Passenger Airliners before they hit any buildings... HOW WOULD ANYONE HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY WERE GOING TO HIT ANY BUILDINGS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The first would have probably hit the building. I'd bet that the pilots would have been given orders to waste the second one before they hit, tho.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver

The simple answer, is they wouldn't have. As you said, hijackings generally ended with the plane on the ground. There was no way to know that this time would be different until it was too late. It's not standard procedure to just shoot hijacked planes out of the sky.

Originally posted by jerico65
They don't seem to picture that burning airliner cartwheeling thru downtown NYC. Not as many people probably would have died, but it still would have been terrible.

New York is way too crowded for people not to have died had the planes been shot down. I just can't see that being an acceptable alternative to what happened. Either way ends in innocent people dying, but I can't see any other alternatives. Once the planes were hijacked there wasn't much the air force or anyone else could have done to stop the following events.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Care to try again? Or would you rather just continue your failed attempts at ridicule?

Yes I will thank you, now here are all your links that you posted as your proof that hijackers would have enough warning time to plan in advanced how they are going to pull off a 911 in all your links only one sources show their exercises started the day the Press release was made. In another link you gave show not date. In another link you posted the Press release was the day before, again this dose not gives hijackers enough time to orchestrate a sophisticated 911 event. Nice try though.

June 15, 2009
LAPD Supports Urban Military Training Exercises
Los Angeles: From June 15-27, 2009, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) will be providing support for joint military training exercises in and around the greater Los Angeles area.
The operations will be routine training exercises conducted by military personnel, designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments and meet mandatory training certification requirements.

lapdblog.typepad.com...
It seem when the Los Angeles Department (LAPD) release this information of their exercise with Military personnel, it was only released on the day the exercise started From June 15-27, 2009, now look at the date of the Press release. So much for military in LA releasing info week’s in advance, so terrorists can use that day to go hijack 4 airplanes lol What I am saying is to pull off 911 the hijackers are going to need more than one day to hijack airplanes.

Soldiers, Civilians Join Together to Combat 'Red Dragon' Crisis

www.dvidshub.net.../news_show.php&id=35264
Again in your desperate attempt to prove me wrong I find it really interesting that the Military NEVER gave a date of their exercise, nothing so I do not see how this would have help any terrorists to pull off a 911 attack, do you?

Explosion coming June 23 at Fort Campbell

www.theleafchronicle.com...
This article is NOT about war games and has nothing to do with our topic.

Major Military Training Exercise Planned For Indiana

www.insideindianabusiness.com...

Again, another exercise with not dates when they will begin or end.
So if I want to fly an airplane in the vicinity how will I know what day to pull this task off?

US military to conduct joint training exercise

www.chinaview.cn 2004-01-19 01:41:47
WASHINGTON, Jan. 18 (Xinhuanet) -- The US Joint Forces Command will conduct a joint training exercise on Jan. 18-30, 2004, to enhance the military's ability to operate jointly at the tactical level, the Defense Department announced.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Again, this information was release the day before these exercises started. Not enough time to plan on how to hijack four airplanes simultaneously with out a hitch. Then fly around for an hour when the military was doing their war games and run a chance of running into a F18 doing their exercises. Then one has to ask what terrorist told FAA to destroy their tapes from that morning, and one has to wonder what evil terrorists told Cheney to give the stand down orders , and what terrorist told NORAD to not answer their phones when FAA was trying to reach them, that morning. Totally out of protocol, in fact it never has happen before or after 911. Yeah these guys are truly genius!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by impressme]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

*sigh*

Here, let me recap for you because you seem to be confused.

I said:

Anyone who cares to know can find out exactly what military exercises are being conducted, when they are, where they are, and the basic gist of what they are going to do just by searching the internet.

You said:

Nice try, how about a source for this ridiculous statement?

So I provided links to articles about military exercises that were conducted. All of the articles were released prior to the exercises. I made a claim, I backed it up. You don't get to change the rules just because you don't like that I can back up what I say. If you wanted something different, you should have asked for it to begin with.

Edit: And if you are planning to do something, you can get a plane ticket within 24 hours. You know that as well as I do.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hey, Homeslice. You do know that military exercises are usually held annually, and usually around the same time every year?

Ever hear of something called and "educated guess"? Bad guys take a look at these things called, "trends" and then come to a decision based on these trends.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

NORAD

www.norad.mil...

Again, this has nothing to do with the war game on 911 and it also lacks a lot of inside information that the hijackers needed
This information was so vague and release only two days before 911 it would not be enough time to figure out which airplanes to hijack what airports to hijack the airplanes from. These hijackers used different airports and different airlines and commandeer all four planes around the same time, an act that is virtually imposable. To think they could literally pull off something of this magnitude without any interference.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The bad guys were flying that route for months in preparation for 9/11. They prepared for years for the mission. The mission was conceived during the Clinton adminstration. These guys have one thing on their side that has always given them the edge...no accelerated timeline...theywait years to strike and you do not know when. That is the point of multiple cells.

Many here think there were cave dwellers akin to Hollywood movies. Can't shoot, can't talk and are uneducated. This is far from the truth.

I mean, here is another coincidence...

what if 9/11 was chosen because it is the US emergency number?

That is as logical as this thread....

This is not about weather reports or military exercises. The only thing KNOWN to Al Qeada was the mass death and destruction that they would wage.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by esdad71]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Edit: And if you are planning to do something, you can get a plane ticket within 24 hours. You know that as well as I do.

Your whole logic is laughable what does getting an airline ticket 24 in advance have to do with hijacking for commercials airlines from different airports at the same time.

The links you provide would not have giving any hijacker enough time to pull off such a defeat.

I also ask you to provide a link to the announcement of the war games on 911, before 911. And you fail to do so.

You have not proven how the alledge hijackers got inside information to pull this spectacular defeat off. How did they get Cheney to order stand down order eh?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Ah,see, you believe the stand down order when infact the order was to shoot down 93. Mineta, Cheney and the pilot know that.

Some of you need to read the NON-partisan 9/11 Commission report. It is all in there. They knew who these guiys were but not what they were up to or would do. Many times, only the "leader" of the cell is privy to the information of when the attack will be carried out.

GET OFF the Internet and read a book once in awhile....

[edit on 18-6-2009 by esdad71]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Hey, Homeslice.

Lets leave the name calling out! Where are your sources for your information? Or, are you just spewing your opinions.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Your whole logic is laughable what does getting an airline ticket 24 in advance have to do with hijacking for commercials airlines from different airports at the same time.

If the cell is already in place, and trained, and ready to go, all they need is 24 hours notice. Remember, before 9/11, there wasn't as many restrictions. You could roll up to the ticket counter without any bags and get a ticket to whereever you wanted to.

These guys were serious about what they were doing. They had planned this out. This wasn't some knee jerk reaction from some guys with nothing to do that Tuesday and the golf links were crowded.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Lets leave the name calling out! Where are your sources for your information? Or, are you just spewing your opinions.

Shucks, Gus. How about just doing a search? The military posts exercise info every year. All it takes is a notebook and time. Write them down, keep track of which ones are conducted when, and you can get a timeline.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join