It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Most Fascinating Underwater Ruins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted but thought it was interesting and worth sharing.

Situated 68 miles beyond the east coast of Taiwan, Yonaguni Islands are a remarkable place for its rugged and mountainous coastlines. The special attraction is the submerged ruins located in the southern coast of Yonaguni: a superb 100×50x25 meters man-made artifact out of solid rock slabs stands erect at right angles. Its is estimated to be around 8000 years old, which is remarkably early for the kind of technology that has been used for carving it.

Cleopatra's Palace in Alexandria (Egypt)
The one from japan 8000 years old or is this not right ?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Very interesting find

I didn't knew all of them but number 7 is very familiar to me, it is a very nice diving site and it is easy to access since you don't have to buy a place on a charter to dive. There are a few other villages that where flooded for the construction of hydroelectric dams in Quebec. Usually there is nothing left except for a few foundation and sidewalk that are still there. In the Taureau reservoir, the church has been left standing probably because of religious beliefs and superstition. It's location is not well known because of the dangers of diving there. The place is very remote and access is difficult.

If there's any divers in north eastern america that are looking for an exploration buddy i'd like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Very interesting, I will have to look deeper into this, S&F for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The one from japan 8000 years old or is this not right ?

No.
Ynogumi is a natural formation, what the article doesn't go into is that the features themselves are all asymmetrical, and the tablet was most definitely not found there. The geologic proccess that formed it IS known, and is actually seen on the nearby island itself as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by slylee

Very cool topic. I love that one off the coast of Japan.
No pictures?

The Palace of Cleo intersting. I did not read the article but I have seen documentaries, they think it was some big earthquake that hit, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Here one of the japan one, if this is natual its amazing !

And yeah they say it was submerged by tidal waves more than 1,600 years ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
All of the underwater ruins except the Yonaguni formations are wonderful
Yonaguni formations..as runespider has pointed out are natural formations.
The pic linked in last post contains one pic of a stone with some carvings on it...It Does not belong to Yonaguni at all...It is most probably a fake.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

That artifact was most likely put there but I do not believe it is a natural formation and I have seen the documentary with the geologist.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You guys are just stating two of the different underwater ruins. But the one off Cuba which has been carbon dated to 8000 years ago as of 2001 or 6000 BCE. is a tad bit more interesting due to the fact that there were not suppose to be any intellectual races there at the time. The mayan's hadn't "evolved" at that time.

Link is Cuba Lost City

[edit on 6/21/2009 by VenomR]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomR

Howdy Venom

No such city exists. A site exists but no evidence in support of a city was found there. There is a thread on this board that goes into lenght by I believe author The Way I see it and the Furry Texan.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What if the US government is hiding the discovery because they know that it would change all common theories.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomR

The Cuban 'ruins' aren't being covered up by any government. IIRC the woman that claimed the discovery was unable to obtain funding for the next step because her footage was too inconclusive. Discovery made a TV and book deal offer and she played them off against another franchise to increase the money available. In the end, she gambled on a bidding war and lost.

The depth of the 'pyramids' is a problem. They are at a depth that makes the possibility that they are ancient unlikely, or at the very least unique. The Russian navy used the area to dump ballast so it's been suggested the 'corners of pyramids' are actually huge concrete blocks and debris. The US navy also used the area as a dumping ground.

If there's any mystery in the Cuban 'pyramids' it's really one of human nature.

new topics

top topics

join