It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the special on the Kennedy assasination last night ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Last night i watched a special on t.v about the assasination of J.F.K and was fairly interested in there hypothesis of the events of that day....

They used lasers mounted on guns to try different shots from different areas besides the Book Repository...

They also used the same make gun that oswald supposedly used to shoot Kennedy....The results were interesting but not suprising.
What really got my gaul though was this supposed expert on the assasination of Kennedy who said the government wasnt full of liars and corrupt people and that all it really came down to was a lone assasin.....

Well apparently this man who is a supposed expert has never seen the Zapruder film (i find that interesting!)

After the president is shot, Jackie reaches back on to the trunk of the car to grab whats left of the presidents head and puts it back on whats left of his skull.....

Now at one time i was a hunter and a target shooter and i never have seen in my life something that was shot from behind or from any side move in the direction of where the shot came from ?
How do you shoot someone from behind and the whats left of the top of the skull moves in the directin of the shooter ????
Its just physically not a reality .....even the watermelon pieces after they were shot at in this demonstration were all ending up forward into the front of the car.

Why are they still working so hard to cover up the Kennedy assasination is my question to you ATS users??

I have my theories but i want to hear yours......

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've seen this show and it opens up a whole bunch of questions, old one's and new one's.

I agree with you, yes, it seems to me that anything that was "hit" on the body would move in the direction of the bullet's travel ?

I believe there were as many as 3 shooters.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think your right elevatedone ....i think three is how many there were and Oswald may not have even shot his gun...youve heard about the hole in Kennedys neck that they covered up havent you .....?

In the zapruder film doesnt his head go forward first and then back ????
or do i have that backwards??
its been years since ive seen it ...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I saw it last night but the one thing I thought while watching it was whos to say they actually squeezed off the rounds in the time they said they did. Now I know this borders on paranoid but if you think about it, if they failed to produce accurate readings to debunk conspiracies would they possibly just lie about it? Yes I think they might.

Oh and his head went back and away even though he was shot in the head. Of course conspiracy debunkers claim physics can explain that, but we all know thats a stretch of cience.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I believe the Oliver Stone movie "JFK" says it best:

"That is one (expletive) amazing bullet."

The courtroom scene in that is remarkable.

At this point in time, I don't think it's feasible to even question if there was a conspiracy or not; it's a question of who was involved, and why.

Incidentally, I had the Zapruder film as a screen saver for a while, but it generally freaked people out.

When Kennedy's post-cranial plate explodes backwards, anyone who's even seen a gun fired would tell you that the shot came from in front of him. Forget about the fact that about 80 witnesses stepped forward during the investigation with claims that they heard shots fired from the grassy knoll, not from the warehouse.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I agree with the three shooter theory as well. Why the continuing cover-up? There's still too many people alive that were directly involved. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth, but the two things I firmly believe are that the mafia and J. Edgar Hoover conspired to kill Kennedy.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I agree with the three shooter theory as well. Why the continuing cover-up? There's still too many people alive that were directly involved. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth, but the two things I firmly believe are that the mafia and J. Edgar Hoover conspired to kill Kennedy.

The Mossad/cia/Mayer lansky/oas network operating under a central command of the house of Rothchild is probably who perpatrated this act with the help of hoover .george bush sr. Gerald ford...allen dulles ...John mcloy...

another thing about this special ticked me off was the fact that many people reported what sounded like multiple firecrackers going off.....Oswald had a bolt action how does a bolt action sound like firecrackers???

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I heard that JFK didnt want to go to war and the CIA did

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I agree with the three shooter theory as well. Why the continuing cover-up? There's still too many people alive that were directly involved.

Well, if the official government position remains the same, 100 years from now, no one will know for sure and the govvernment version will be more widely accepted.

I think I saw that show before. It made me pissed that someone would go to such lenghts to lie. This is probably on of the films people will talk about 100 years from now.

While we are on the topic, who saw the History Channel show with all the experts saying that one epsiode of "The men who killed Kennedy"--more "official" BS for posterity.

While yo were watching that show, we were rewatching the Oliver Stone movie Nixon. According to the movie, her met with men the night before the assassination, in Texas. We really got the idea that they were behind the killing. Unfortunately, "they" were a composite, so no name to blame.
The movie also makes you think "they" killed RFK to get Nixon in the WH

You guys might want to pick up a copy of this movie, and see what you see.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
DTOM & WOTS
Yea, There's a lot more behind it than we'll ever know. I agree, I think RFK was a victim of it as well. Some of the really strange things were the results of the wounds on Kennedy's head. The official report was just about perfectly opposite the eyewitness reports of doctors on the scene. The autopsy was done in Washington, basically yanked out from under the jurisdiction in Dallas. (The source for the opposite reports). Government investigators were asked to produce drawings of the wounds which were contrary to the facts. Let's see, I was in second grade when it happened and as I recall, we did have cameras back then.

DTOM, I agree, history will never contain the truth. But a hundred years from now I will either have the truthful answers or won't care.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
why doesnt anyone believe the Zapruder film ??? the driver is clearly holdin a metalic object over his shoulder in the last couple of seconds jfk was alive. why and if thid theory has been proven wrong why havnt i seen it on the net or anywhere else. every tv show ive seen doesnt even mention this. ive slowed this film down done various zooms and all that and all i can still see is a metalic object, but gun size reaching over the drivers shoulder. i may not of done my research right but im lead to believe he was cia ??

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i saw the one on hbo and that was pretty cool. it also sounded the most logical too cuz there were multiple teams everywhere. they were well organized and oswald was the only one caught cuz he was the dumbass of the group.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

But a hundred years from now I will either have the truthful answers or won't care.

Very true, I was in 3rd grade and remember the exact moment when the teacher came in and said "The President is Dead" , that whole first week.

I find it very telling that so far nobody here accepts the Gov't line. I don't think that we'll ever start getting any information as long as anyone involed is still alive. Would you want that coming out?

People have said (not is this thread) that America and Americans have changed, and not for the better. I think a lot of that change started and was caused by the Assasination. It affected us on a very deep level, I think we're still traumatized by it.

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
jfk 's death to me marks the birth of the great conspiracy hunt .
it was a watershed in belief in the American system , following it you get the senate hearings on organised crime , the exposure's of the C.I.A. [ this was also happening under the kennedy's which further muddies the waters .]the death and exposure of hoover ,and the political turmoil of the late 60's .
my [non academic ] opinion is that you have to ignore the links and concentrate on the evidence , oswald's prints were on the gun , his gun was found in the likely firing position , and he was in the vicinity .
men have gone to the gallows in this country on less evidence .
as for the firing times , oswald was a U.S marine , the ex marine i've asked says he could have got off those shots in that time , he was in 62 - 64 [my dear father in law ] .
it must have been a very traumatic time , as a child the adults i grew up with could all remember where they were when they heard the news .... i guess 9/11 means the same for our generation .... look at the mad conspiracies surounding that,much the same they all ignore the obvious .
NO ONE COULD KEEP A SECRET THAT BIG FOR 4 WEEKS LET ALONE 40 YEARS

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This event was indeed a watershed moment for an entire generation. In my younger days I too felt that there had to be more to it than just a single wackjob tring to make a name for himself.

But, years of research (the old fashioned way, remember librarys?), countless documentaries, and finally hours and hours on the internet have lead me to the conclusion that indeed, Oswald was soley responsible.

I think some of the reason that the conspiracies continue (And if your serious about the truth the last place to look is the film JFK) is peoples need to make sense of something so senseless.

A look at the evidence with an open mind tells all.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
well put seth .

i found in the past ,as a student of history ,that the change in views on an historic event could tell me more about the era's i was studying then the event itself .
the jfk assasination is a good example , as is the way that Americans view his presidency .
the texts reveal more of the time they are written then the event /man himself

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
What really got my gaul though was this supposed expert on the assasination of Kennedy who said the government wasnt full of liars and corrupt people and that all it really came down to was a lone assasin.....

Well apparently this man who is a supposed expert has never seen the Zapruder film (i find that interesting!)

I saw this, and just that one part too. Well, i also saw the art where they timed his walking.
The day before i watched JFK (EXCELLENT MOVIE!)

and what the man said, I half agree with. The government is full of liars, but that's because theyre humans. But he also said that those who believe in the conspiracy, if they test something and it proves them wrong, they don't like it and say it was a mistake. I know some people who say that that whole special where they timed it was rigged.

That's lame. if you want answers, you can't trust the government. BUT YOU CAN'T TRUST THE CONSIRACY THEORISTS EITHER. You've got to go out there and make up your own opinion. Those men did NOT try to say whether or not Oswald assasinated JFK alone, all they did was test the time frames in which the government said he did everything.

To me, it was possible, but not probable.

But I do think it was possible. Honestly, I believe there's alot more to it. but I'm not giving my beliefs to the Warren commission OR to the movie, JFK. I'm making up my own. In 25 years, the files are made public.

And in 25 years, I'm taking my kids, who will be my age now, and we're walking down to the federal building, and we are picking up the files. And I'll come back and tell all of you about it.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem

Duke_nukem

I find it very telling that so far nobody here accepts the Gov't line. I don't think that we'll ever start getting any information as long as anyone involed is still alive. Would you want that coming out?

People have said (not is this thread) that America and Americans have changed, and not for the better. I think a lot of that change started and was caused by the Assasination. It affected us on a very deep level, I think we're still traumatized by it.

your right Duke the assasination was a catharsis and ive heard it was done for that reason also but i dont believe it was done for that reason alone ....all the major assasinations of the 60's were put down to lone nutters by the official goverment line but if you look at the people Kennedy had pissed off you have to believe it was set up....to believe other wise is to gulp propaganda....why not release all info regarding assasination now !
Kennedy had opposed nuclear weapons programs for Israel and that pissed off the Israelis...who as we know have there fingers deep into the making of american policy....Kennedy by his own admission was going to scatter the CIA to the four winds....for he knew of there corruption and colusion with the soviets and KGB....Kennedy was going to bring home the boys from Nam and of course the big money corporations owned by the global elite and there funding by global elite bankers was just not going to let the president do that !
The Mayer lansky godfather of all organized crime at the time was pissed off because Kennedy was letting Bobby run rough shod over there operations and father joe kennedy had promised the syndicate that they would be left alone.
Now Kennedy to top it off was going to have our government print interest free cash notes and that combined with an anti israel mid east policy set in motion the plot to murder the president.

now ask your self .....Do you really believe Oswald shot Kennedy because he didnt like his policy towards Cuba ???
cmon.....if this isnt a conspiracy ...there is no conspiracys at all

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

new topics

top topics

join