It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pearl Jam warning us about nuclear war?(WW3)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Firstly, I've been noticing more music bands writing lyrics about cataclysmic events taking place. We have, 'Muse' singing about ''super massive black holes'', 'The Smashing Pumpkins' with songs about the next American Revolution, 'Nine Inch Nails' making songs about ''New World Order'' & ''Civil War''. These are just some of many artists, giving people duplicatory messages about a coming change that will ultimatly affect society as we know today. There's on track in particular, from 'Pearl Jam' called ''Do the Evolution''. That song is all about someone who's drunk with technology, who thinks they're the controlling living being on this planet. Which in consequence, brings about a global disaster. This song is based on a book by Daniel Quinn titled 'Ishmael', it's about a conversation with a man and an ape. And the ape really has it all together. He kinda knows the differences between him and the man, and points out how slight they are, and it creates an easy analogy for what man has done, thinking that they were the end-all. That man is the end-all thing on this earth. That the earth was around even so much longer before the 3 million years. Fifty million years of sharks and all these living things. Then man comes out of the muck, and 3 million years later he's standing, and now he's controlling everything and killing it. Just in the last hundred! Which is just a speck on this line. So what are we doin' here? Vocalist, Eddie Vedder stated ''This book is just a good reminder, and I'm anxious to see what happens. I've got a good seat for whatever happens next. It'll be interesting.'' I'm sure this guy knows something most people dont. Why you ask? On the last verse of this song, he mentions a speciffic year, describing the world being on fire. I am ahead, I am advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, I crawled the earth, but now Im higher, Twenty-ten, watch it go to fire, It's evolution baby!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by sir.212]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well if you look at the end of last year, there was so many changes in the world (still going on now eg. Swine Flu.) You no what happend. Its just a lit fuse, more it burns the more desasters are going to happen. and when it goes BOOM!!! only allah (god) knows whats going to happen.
I also think this is the great war between allah and the creature (The Devil) or something holy or spirtural.
who knows?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't think any artist is warning of any cataclysm. I think they're pretty well putting to music the things we talk about on this site.

No predictions or warnings, just conspiracy nerds with guitars and mics.

We had a thread on the same subject the other day, only with Coldplay being the "Prophets"

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sorry but I dont understand, how and why would a band know these things?
they are just entertainers, artists that have managed to make a career out of what they enjoy.. not all seeing all knowing, sorry just confused!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Apocalypse and Armageddon have been central themes in many genres of music for decades.

Think MegaDeth 20years ago.

Symphony of Destruction

Countdown to Extinction

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm guessing you weren't around in the late 70's/early 80's huh?

You'd be having hissy fits at tracks like "Two Tribes", "Lets all Make a Bomb", "Forever Young", "Army Dreamers", "Breathing" etc...the list in endless.

The end of the world sells. Sex sells. Making people think they are missing out on something sells.

I guess you could say that maybe they are tapping into the collective unconciousness, but more than likely they are trying to stay popular.

Here - check out this cheery little number from the early 80's

See what I mean?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dzlr40

I'm a glass artist and an actor, but I know alot of stuff that has nothing to do with either of those hobbies and I don't have millions of dollars and much spare time to spend learning up on them either. Just saying...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
try listening to some of David Bowies early stuff (70's), the supermen, diamond dogs, 5 years etc. Incredible songs.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Possibly, the artists have more open minds and aren't as trapped by the cubicle mentality and the formerly main stream media. These are people that travel and experience many different cultures, news sources, and experiences than many of us that have spent the last twenty or so years "trapped" in an existence that only includes work, home, McDonalds, and an occasional week in Disney land or such.

John Lennon would be another good example from farther back. I daresay however, that there were any real "end of the world" music from say 1950 back. Although I have my questions about Beethoven's 5th - jokes.

top topics

join