It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prototype Nokia phone recharges without wires-Free Energy Imminent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Pardon the cliche, but it's one of the holiest of Holy Grails of technology: Wireless power. And while early lab experiments have been able to "beam" electricity a few feet to power a light bulb, the day when our laptops and cell phones can charge without having to plug them in to a wall socket still seems decades in the future.

Article

While "traditional" (if there is such a thing) wireless power systems are specifically designed with a transmitter and receiver in mind, Nokia's system isn't finicky about where it gets its wireless waves. TV, radio, other mobile phone systems -- all of this stuff just bounces around the air and most of it is wasted, absorbed into the environment or scattered into the ether. Nokia picks up all the bits and pieces of these waves and uses the collected electromagnetic energy to create electrical current, then uses that to recharge the phone's battery. A huge range of frequencies can be utilized by the system (there's no other way, really, as the energy in any given wave is infinitesimal). It's the same idea that Tesla was exploring 100 years ago, just on a tiny scale.

Maybe this is how we begin seeing "Free Energy" commercialized. I really hope so. Can you imagine the benefits to human kind.

I bet Nokia stock will soar after this is released.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sadly it took the world 100 years to begin to utilize Tesla's brilliance.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I was just going to say that.. Its a shame, ain't it? We had the ability a long time ago to harness wireless energy, and now we are using it for cellphones

Tesla must be rolling in his grave

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Yeah, he died alone and broke. It is a shame that he was slandered and discredited.

Hopefully cell phones are just the start though. At least now it's real and in development. The demand is there, this could be the spark that ignites the supply.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Good thread, I read the article and while the 'free energy' recharge will not power the phone to full power or enough to make a long call it will keep it active on standby mode. This truly could be the first trickle of free energy making its way to the public.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I saw a program about this wireless technology .And there are many devices that can utilise it.Unfortunately at the moment the sending device sends far more electricity into the air than the phone or other device collects as power. I am sure they will get there in the end.But until then its a bit of a wasteful way to power a device.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Are we all forgetting why Telsa died "poor" and "alone"?

He was told "there would never be a time in which there would be FREE ENERGY" !
If there was or it was to ever get out, it would bankrupt far to many elite. Also end up creating a huge garbage pile of wires, pole's and metal like the world has never seen. There are far to many elite for this to ever go main stream.
It really suck's but hey look at those 5,000 dollar solar panels that YOU can make for less than 300 dollars! Get the picture? You want to help the enviorment don't you well then go solar! yeah everyone is happy and they get to line their pockets with even more of everyone's hard earned money. It WILL NEVER happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Free energy commercialization is an oxymoron.

two lines

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
free energy and wireless are two very very different things.

All they do is beam electrons through waves. This is not free energy. This is a simple thing we've been doing since the 20s (or whenever the first radio was made)

reply to post by eldard

Not really. Not at all. A company with a patent can charge for the use of it's device. It'd be a great money maker. A device which has no production cost is ideal.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
reply to post by KaginD

Yeah, he died alone and broke. It is a shame that he was slandered and discredited.

Hopefully cell phones are just the start though. At least now it's real and in development. The demand is there, this could be the spark that ignites the supply.

Not only that, but credit for some of his inventions was diverted else where, and upon his death FBI raided and took all of his documents and research, keeping it for themselves to be patented and exploited by front companies. None of which was done for the greater good of man kind.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I wouldn't have cared. A true inventor loves the fact that humanity uses what his mind created. Who cares who says what, you're dead, and you die knowing in your heart that you helped the human race.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just read this, its on the main page of yahoo and is very interesting. If they can efficiently and effectively make this happen, it would be a great leap in technology and hopefully the can produce the same system at a larger scale.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The words "Free" and "Energy" will never become a reality, while the "elite" have any thing to say or do about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
"Skeptism is the beginning of Faith" said an Irish poet, and I like to hold on to both of mine. I still like to believe that some sort of free energy source would one day be available to everyone.

....Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nice! this is a great way to reduce 'electronic pollution' by absorbing otherwise, wasted em energy!

[Off topic]But I think it's a bad idea if we begin to build a 'wireless power grid' that will also supply power to our homes and vehicles. It looks great on paper and movies but the last thing we need are more microwave pollution!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by KEMIK

Tesla must be rolling in his grave

Just a bit of an understatement. I'm sure he'll be doing back flips in years to come.

join