It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 20 years old now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It just seemed to me that this would be the appropriate forum to post on as I see there are other threads about people's b-days here and such.

I just turned 20 years old today.

I don't feel that old. I will say that I am glad to be done with my teenage years. Being a teenager was really rough for me. I first learned how to talk to a girl during my teenage years. I don't mean in like a friendly way. It was in my teenage years that I learned about the nuances of what it means to have a social life.

For a long time I was wondering what it meant to have friends. What it meant to enjoy life. I was honestly very shy until I was 18 years old, then, I transferred to another school. There I made a lot of friends. I was held back a year. Now I find myself in a position to go to a university in 2010. I feel very proud of the progress I've made.

I am glad that things have turned out the way they have. I feel blessed to be in the position that I am today. ATS has taught me some valuable life lessons. Not to trust politicians. Not to trust the government. Even the people who you think are most trustworthy can be unveiled to be nothing more than a crook. But outside of ATS-- I've been enjoying somewhat of the beginnings of a social life.

As I think now as a 20 year old... remembering how difficult it was for me when I was younger I can say that I can only move forward from here. I feel glad to be done with my teenage years. I can say that my teenage years despite the horrible early ones have been some of the best years of my life so far. I hope for the better later on.

I hope for another equally as good at least 80 more years for my life.

It is my birthday, and, I do not think ill of much of my teenage years. I won't lie and say that they were all bad. I just am glad I survived.

I think we should all get a t-shirt saying we survived being a teenager. That's just how I see it personally.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Let me be the first ATSer to wish you a happy birthday.

I wasn't the super-stud I am now when I was a teenager, so yeah, I'm glad I'm not one anymore either.

Peace

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Kudos to you Frank.
.. and Happy Birthday!

Every flower blooms in it's own time, with some of the "late risers" proving the most beautiful and breath-taking Blossoms of all.

patience young padawan. patience

Have a Great day!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Happy birthday, Frank!

I think we should all get a t-shirt saying we survived being a teenager.

Amen. The teen years are rough.

hope you have a good one!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Congrats on the big 2-0. May you have many more kind sir

wupy

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Happy Birthday!

Stephen King said it best: "If you liked being a teenager, there's something really wrong with you."

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Happy Birthday, Frank. ...and many, many more.

Glad ATS has been able to be a positive influence, that was the Amigo's intent from the get go...

Again, Happy Birthday.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Franki!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Happy Birthday, Frank...

Have a great one and here is to many more!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Frank, the best thing about your teens, is surviving them!
:bash:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
[edit on 6/16/2009 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Frank.

May you have many many more.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Happy birthday, Frank!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Happy Birthday...

I didn't know what to get you so I just went out on a limb...

Hope you like them...

[edit on 16/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
All the best, Frank.

20, huh? I vaguely remember those halcyon days. Lemmie try to remember...

The year was 1966 and I'd spent the summer living in my old car that I'd gotten from my uncle. It was a '51 Ford and it could be seen parked on the beach every night from June to September. It was great getting away from my parents and I made gas/food money by drawing portraits of the people who came down for a swim. There were tourists and townies (it was a small beach town) and I somehow did alright by them. Decades later, some would even say they still had their drawing framed and hanging at their house. Eventually I moved to that beach town and I never left.

One night when it was really cold, a cop came to my car and knocked on the window. Rolling it down and asking "what's up?", he said "Lock the car, son, you're coming with me."

I had no idea what he intended, but the upshot was a nice warm (open) cell and blankets and a free breakfast in the morning.

All told, it was a fantastic summer.

I hope yours is even better than mine, Frank. Happy birthday and a ton more of them.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My 20th Birthday was in 1978 and I spent it at Ft. McClellan in Alabama. Military Police school. I thought that I had reached Manhood when I graduated Highschool. I thought I knew all there was to kbnow about the world. Until I got to basic training and I learned that I was still, inside, a scared kid in need of much growing up. Basic training and AIT took care of that for me. When I had finisehed with my Army career and got home, people couldn't believe the difference in how i carried myself from when i had left to go into the army. The Army taught me how to work with others as well as exercise initiative while instilling in me the discipline I had sorely lacked beforehand. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, as we all have different paths to take to get to where we need to go. but I know this is about your birthday, so Happy 20th. I hope you have many more, young buck.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Happy birthday Frank.

You're fortunate to have found ATS at such an early age and we are surely fortunate to have you as an outstanding member.

One more year till we can toast you for realzies.

Congrats!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OMG! It looks like an impromptu ATS Staff Meeting in here...

Happy Birthday Frank...

...wishing you all the very best and thank you also for the contributions you make here on ATS.

Well done dude.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I think we should all get a t-shirt saying we survived being a teenager.

...good idea...

...however dude, I reckon the smart money would be on printing T-Shirts with 'We survived having a teenager' and sell them to the parents...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Happy Belated B-Day Franki!! Sorry that I didn't get to it sooner, but I worked late last night. Hope it was an amazing one. Here's to many more!!!

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join