It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange sleep paralysis experience last night

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've experienced SP too like three times but no hallucinations (except once) only the weird waves sounds xD The first time i had it i saw my doll moving around so i thought it was a dream. the second time was the scariest i experienced big headache and a buzzing wavy sound I though I was going to die I could move my eyes...i tried to breathe heavily so someone could hear me no one did...It was so awkward i felt so heavy that i couldnt move anything except my toes xD thats what pulled me out of it ( oh and i wasnt lying in bed I was sitting with my head resting near the wall)...the third time I already knew what it was so i tried to breathe heavily again to call some's attention but no one cared... i eventually snapped out of it but i was to scared to lay down again.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I can't stand getting sleep paralysis, it'll happen to me more frequently if I use a sedative like Doxylamine Succinate to fight insomnia.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have had SP for along time. Almost every night or everytime I nap during the day it happens. I absolulty hate it. It scares me. I've never felt the pressure on the chest that you've described. But everytime it happens I hear this horrible high pitched ringing in my ears and it hurts. And everytime it happens I feel as though there is someone in the room with me. Standing over my bed. It feels very hostile. and I sleep with my 20 month old baby in the bed with me. It's a mothers worst fear to feel like her baby is in danger and there's nothing she can do about it. And just recently everytime it's happened I've actually heard my daughter screaming and I can't move to see if she's okay. But then when I come out of it she's fast asleep. It scares me so bad it's hard for me to want to go to sleep anymore. And it happens repeatedly in one night or day. It'll happen 3 or 4 times in a row because I always wake up. If anyone could answer the questions we've all asked on here I would be so thankful.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This used to happen to me all the time when I was kid. I was really into aliens at the time, so when it would happen id have the weight on my chest and it would feel like I was on a table with wheels being moved somewhere. I was always afraid to open my eyes because I knew I would see aliens

I could force myself to wake up after a while and there was never anything there, which while glad I was always a little disappointed as well.

As I got older this would only happen in the morning after my alarm clock would wake me up and I didn't get up right away, I would slip into that state of SP sometimes 3 or 4 times before finally getting up.

Now I just have dreams about it happening, which is funny I actually had one last night. Even in the dream I feel the pressure on my chest and I can't move, but I know its a dream and not actually SP it just feels different.

Im glad I don't have SP any longer I don't miss it but have experienced it hundreds of times it really wasn't a big deal to me anylonger. I got really good at being able to make myself snap out of it.

Uninspired

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is interesting.I used to have sleep paraysis at least once a month and there would be shadow people in the room with me I could feel them with my spiritual sense more than i could see them but i would occasionaly see them in my experience.Has anyone experienced the same? The last few times I experienced this I was dreaming about demons which would touch me and send a undescribable eerie fell deep in my soul but they would flee when I would simply say the words JESUS CHRIST .I have gotten to where I can willfully control sp with forceing myself awake but it took many years to be able to do this.I even can control what i dream about at times also.Like I'll manipulate my own dreams to go the way i want them to and be aware that i'm dreaming but not always.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
One of the most interesting things I've heard in a while.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I had a SP type event last night or actually early this morning before daybreak. I've had these before, but this time I think I was sleeping with my eyes open and I felt nauseous as if it was sleep apnea.

The other night, In a dream; I had been drinking and felt drunk. There's also been many times I weigh myself in the morning and have lost 2 or more pounds while sleeping.

That's not from going to the washroom either. Lately, I sometimes weigh myself before going to sleep and when I wake up. Makes me wonder if someone is taking blood out of me while I'm sleeping. I suppose sleep apnea can somehow cause us to lose water vapors while breathing that way. I doubt it though.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sleep Paralysis is pretty cool. It used to scare me but I learned that you can do things with your mind that are usually impossible. Like astral projection. It's like being in another dimension, are you are like as powerful as an angel or something. If the lights are off you can't see anything sometimes, but if the lights are on when sleep paralysis happens you can actually physically see. Although things look different, like magical or something. Like if your eyes are open you can see things that are really there, but you might also see other things that you might not be able to see in your normal state. Ive managed to learn how to "walk" around when SP happens. It's pretty cool, but it takes a lot of energy and tires you by the end of it. Since I've had so many of them its pretty easy for me to snap out of it, I just kinda shake my head and I wake up. That, or I fall into a dream or something.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ahh yes! I too experienced such an occurence at the young age of 5, and 11 years later at 16. Such occurences have been both pleasant and frightening. I have very vivid hallucinations that accompany my paralysis, and an overwhelming feeling of being watched. The first few in my childhood were pleasant..a fairy would appear over my bed and I recall trying to reach out and grab it. To my dissapointment, I was unable to move and instead watched the little blue fairy drift out of my room...smiling as it went. Soon after I experienced bouts of more frightening paralysis. Toys that ceased to exist at all, would be animated and dance around my room when I tried to sleep. It was strange because the feeling was not a pleasant one and it was like I was being taunted.

Now, at the age of 16, im forced to sleep with both TV on and light due to frightening occurences that have occured in my room. (oddly enough I am in the same room now I was in as a child). The childhood experiences hadnt crossed my mind in years. One night I was sleeping normally, when suddenly I felt a protective force wake me. I suddenly felt incredibly frightened and had an overwhelming feeling something was wrong. I looked around my room and everything appeared normal..until I looked at my TV screen. A red aura was circling inside my (then, turn off) TV..and slowly in the hazy swirl a face appeared. It was unfamiliar but detailed to say the least. As my heart began to race, the face faded and was instead replaced by a very small man behind my TV. He was about 3 feet in height and all I could see of him was the hat he was wearing peaking above my TV...almost as if he was hiding from me. I tried to turn my lamp on, but I realized I was unable to move. It felt like Gullivers Travels, and I had small invisible strings tied horizontally across my body. With the small range of motion I had, I grabbed my cell phone laying on my bed. It slipped and fell onto the floor...so I opted for my iPod. I twisted my hand and shined the light across my body and suddenly everything disappeared. Oddly enough, while still holding my iPod, the cell phone I "dropped" was sitting on my bed next to me, never touched....

Whatever was in my room, or in my head, that night scared me so bad I now suffer from accute insomnia...and almost every night feel like im being watched by both good and bad entities in my room. I am searching for answers but it all seems trivial. I just hope this fear subsides, as I have been getting more frustrated with this all.

any advice would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sleep Paralysis is nothing more than an attack of the devil. he does it to scare us and to trick our minds into thinking about aliens or ghosts or things of that nature. When you have sleep paralysis, simply comand that it leave you IN JESUS NAME. The devil and his demons can not stand the name of Jesus. It is too powerful for them. I have had SP twice that I know of. Like a month ago. Both in one night. The first time I could not say anything, I just thought, "God please make this stop." And it did, I feel back asleep and woke up a short time later to it again. I knew that the only way to end it was, "in Jesus name" But I could not speak, so I thought it, thinking how I wanted so badly to say it, and after I repeated it in my head a few times, I was able to speak, "leave me in the name of Jesus." And it has not happened to me agian. Not to say the devil is not going to attack me that way again. But ONLY the name of Jesus is going to end it. satan might let you think you learned to shake it off or that you have the power. But we do not have that power. The only power is in Jesus Christ.

If you choose not to believe. Then there is nothing I can do for you. Jesus and lucifer are real. And they battle everyday for your soul. If you are not a believer, next time it happens, "IN JESUS NAME!" See if your life changes.

Praise the Lord.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by daysofnoe

When I get sleep paralysis I can stop it in its tracks without having to utter religious figures. Does that make me Jesus?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0

When I get sleep paralysis I can stop it in its tracks without having to utter religious figures. Does that make me Jesus?

You seem to think you have great power. You obviously don't believe in Jesus. So, the devil has got you wraped around his finger and will let you think you can control it. Keep dreaming pal.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You seem to think that you can think what I think.

You probably associate everything that happens in life as either Gods work, or the Devils work. Not so, in fact you have to be pretty simple minded to think like that. There's ALOT more to our existence than what money making religions tell us.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My views have nothing to do with religion. My views are wholly baised on the fact that every thing that happens in life IS due to God. Religion does nothing but lead sheep to slaughter. Having a relationship with God is what my life is for. You can play the religion, Bible thumper card all you want. I am twenty four and was only given the truth and revelation that God IS REAL and IS the reason for EVERYTHING four months ago. I have seen amazing things in my life. Two full body apparitions, I have seen a street that was crowded with people and when I turned around there was no one. All I had to explan them was theory. They do not compare with what I have seen in just a few months, since God revealed Himself to me. And I can say that, everything I have seen, past and present, was of God. People underestimate the power of God, and that is why He does not present Himself so openly as He did in the BC days.

I have been where you are (in sense of thought process) before, so do not act as if I am being judgemental. God spoke the stars into existence, the things that happen in our lives are not a difficult task for Him.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have had sleep paralyisis for years now and i still cannot get to the bottom of it. There are so many theories, i am totally confused.
One thing which doe's puzzle me is how come it is so random? Some ppl say it is a chemical inbalance in the brain, but i beg to differ on that one.
Reason being is how can so many ppl be affected by this, have similar experiences, yet we don't know eachother or are related in any way?
Sorry to the disbelievers, but i believe in the aliens. The first time alarm bells started ringing, so to speak, was when i had only been in bed for 5 minutes, had the sick touch the back of my head, the buzz, bright light and then the paralyisis. It was at that point i opened my eyes, there was a little man standing beside the bed. I was like the marshmellow man off ghostbusters, but tanned. Plus he had a scull cap on.
I won't bore anyone with the details (have put this on here before), but suffice to say i thought that i was going to die that night. I have never been so frightened in my life! He didn't go away either, just stood there projecting two green beams of light towards me. He even apologised for being so ugly and told me that they would always be with me. How he did that i don't know, because i never saw his mouth move. His mouth looked like a dog growling at me. It had like fangs, dripping, looked like dripping with spit, which i could clearly see from the light shining in from the street light outside. No one can convince me i was dreaming,never. My senses were on red alert that night. The things that have happened since, you just couldn't make it up! For years after that i was too terrified to go to bed, literally years! I have calmed down alot since then yet they never cease to amaze me with their anticts. I have been dragged though my hallway, had my jaw and brain operated on. I would swear on oath that this is true and not a figment of my imagination! 10, 12 & 20 minutes is the length of time i get the visits. I have heard the bells and sirens, like some ppl mentioned. Even an air raid siren a couple of times. Tried the Doctor and even the psychiatrist won't see me, who i was referred to last year. A bit of counselling would be nice, but i can't even get that!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've had stuff like this going off for over 30 years and still am none the wiser. Never had pressure on the chest though, but shadow people,spirits,head buzzes, noises as well as astral projections and abductions. I think it important to stress that these all started occuring well before I ever saw any media coverage or read any books about this kind of thing.
As was stated earlier, it's strange that what is said to be a natural bodily occurance produces the same effects (halucinations ?) on us all. Maybe we're all nutters, although as there have been times when some things have happened when I've been wide awake and moving around. For that reason I have always held the belief that there is more to this than simple nutterdom.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
in the early days I did the prayer thing and it did make it stop so maybe there is something in this recognised supreme being theory.
These days though I think it's best to keep going with it in case you find something out or there's a new touch to it. One gets used to the fear.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
One night i was sound asleep, happy enough, or so i thought! Next thing i kno i heard a voice inside my head as clear as anything say, 'you've forgotten how to breath'. Well that was it, alarm bells stared ringing. I opened my eyes sat up with the realisation that i could not breath! I wriggled as much as i could, flailing around the bed. I it was aweful, i really could not remember how to breath. I kept thinking, if this does not go away, i have had it this time! I tried to prompt my boyfriend to whack me on the back, because by this time he was awake...to make things worse, just watching in disbelief! I spose a second was more like an houir to me at that point. He did whack me on the back a few times and eventually everything returned to normal.
I feel as though i am in a huge experiment sometimes! Nothing hurts me, but it's not nice either. I have had some lovely dreams though, when whatever it is, wants to be nice.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I had possibly my worst SP attack last night that i'd ever had.

Very hard to describe as i've just woke up and thought i'd try and log the event.

Basically it consisted of a huge buzzing feeling in my brain that really scared me, thought i was having stroke or a seizure but it was typical of the feeling i'd had before (but worse). I tried the old trick of willing myself to move and turn over to 'cancel' the feeling but even after i managed to move, it came back with a vengeance. The buzzing feeling was horrible.... Like static in my brain.

I could hear dozens of sounds floating around the room, much like a badly tuned radio and static. Voices, sounds and strange noises...

I don't know if my eyes were open or closed, they felt open as i could make out features in my room but this could have been part of the hallucination. I could 'feel' something shuffling around my room although i do remember keeping some sense of alertness and consciousness so it definately wasn't a dream, more an hallucination as i kept telling myself to snap out of it. Kept seeing flashes of dull light too.

I guess this is how a schizophrenic must feel when they cannot control the reality around them maybe... as it was horrifying for me. Ten times worse than any other SP experience i have ever had (at least in terms of feeling scared).

THEN - I must have eventually drifted off as i began a series of strange dreams (within dreams) - In one dream i 'aoke' and i was somehow in France travelling with a few friends (?) and kept telling them that i was tired because of the sleep paralysis the night before... They told me that because i had suffered an episode of sleep paralysis hallucinations they couldnt let me stay in the guest house (in the dream) because of all 'the ghost books they kept'...

Yes i know... very strange. I'm glad i'm awake now, i can hear the birds and there's a nice morning breeze....

Just thought i'd share my horrible experience with you

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My first and only sleep paralysis experience happened 20 years ago. For years I had no idea what had happened, but it scared me to death! I had fallen asleep and awoke knowing that a dark and powerful presence was in the bedroom with me. I looked toward my window and saw a huge rams head staring at me. I tried to get out of bed and run, but I was paralyzed. This was beyond scary. This was a terrifying experience. I began to panic and began reciting the Lord's Prayer. At first, my words sounded hideous. My voice sounded deep and the words distorted. All of a sudden I saw a bright white light appear over my bed. It was a calming and peaceful light. I wanted to go to it but couldn't move. The Lord's Prayer flowed freely and clearly from my mouth and the rams head disappeared. After all of these years I have searched for an answer to this horrifying experience. Has anyone ever heard of the mythological stories of Pan appearing in women's dreams to seduce them? I have researched to find an answer and this is one explanation that I have found. Has anyone ever heard of this in mythology?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join