It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinclair Broadcasting: Fascist Propaganda tool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
And the Bush era Republicans are the epitome of Il Dulce's definition.
THe great thing about the Bush Fascism machine is that it is predictable & doesn't know that it's being played into revealing that zeal.

Intern infidelity? Slammed on the gossip, looked stupid & partisan.

War record disclosure? Glowing reviews of a volunteer officer who requested 'Nam, was wounded and served with distinction drawing comparison to a AWOL Senator's Son appointment to a flight program he didn't deserve.

Since Sinclair could not hide their zeal in protecting Mein Fuerher, they put themselves on the radar for review. Guess what I found!
:

1. Staunch Republican & Sinclair CEO Dave Smith is a Sex Offender!
The president of Baltimore-based Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc., which owns the local Fox television affiliate, was arrested Tuesday night and charged with committing a perverted sex act in a company-owned Mercedes, city police said.

2. They've forced their reporters to read prepared, pro-Bush Lies as actual NEWS!!
WBFF-TV (Channel 45), officials required news and sports anchors, even a weather forecaster, to read messages conveying full support for the Bush administration's efforts against terrorism. Several staffers objected on the grounds that it would undermine their objectivity. As a compromise, the message read by on-air staffers indicated that it came from "station management."
...more than 60 sister stations nationwide also are running spots declaring support for the efforts of President Bush and other government leaders to thwart terrorist groups. Many of the stations, all controlled by the Baltimore County-based Sinclair Broadcasting Group Inc., broadcast messages read by their station managers or by Mark Hyman, a senior Sinclair official.

3. Sinclair's exec staff have been GOP contributors almost exclusively, having given 95% of their contributions to Republicans this year
( not suprising, I know!)

And for closing, I leave you with the words of Johnny Mac from Arizona:
I write to strongly protest your decision to instruct Sinclair�s ABC affiliates to preempt this evening�s Nightline program. I find deeply offensive Sinclair�s objection to Nightline�s intention to broadcast the names and photographs of Americans who gave their lives in service to our country in Iraq... Your decision to deny your viewers an opportunity to be reminded of war�s terrible costs, in all their heartbreaking detail, is a gross disservice to the public, and to the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. It is, in short, sir, unpatriotic. I hope it meets with the public opprobrium it most certainly deserves."

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good info. Too bad people kind of already know the game is rigged and aren't shocked by this anymore. The fact one's a sex pervert is kind of like...no really?

Of course there are those that still somehow believe the exact opposite of reality, thinking any mega entity that relies on advertising dollars from pharmaceuticals and gas gizzling luxury sedans is somehow lib-ral.

Ninnies. Every last one of them. My area (which has been on the quarterly plan for Bush fundraising visits) blocked out the Nightline tribute too. And just like I expected the old money of Winston Salem (where they call 70 year olds Sonny) the yokels are soooo happy they weren't exposed to such a "shocking" reality of war.

N-I-N-N-I-E-S.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by RANT]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yokel huh? I've lived in Winston-Salem for a good part of my life. I have yet to be called "Sonny"

Rant, you might find that the people you insult in this way are not as unknowing as you think. You seem to think that anyone who hasn't been as outraged as you are or doesn't agree with your viewpoint is somehow uninformed or stupid. You demonstrate how disagreement turns into contempt which eventually turns into hate.

Most people I talk to (in Winston-Salem, btw) know that this is a WAR, with all that it implies. They don't need a sanctamonious talking-head reading names at them like they are 3rd graders. Just because they are not sitting there snickering at the political damage that the Nightline tribute was supposed to do to Bush, doesn't mean that they don't know people are dying or feel bad about it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
[QUOTE];AMBIENT SOUND
Most people I talk to (in Winston-Salem, btw) know that this is a WAR, with all that it implies. They don't need a sanctamonious talking-head reading names at them like they are 3rd graders. Just because they are not sitting there snickering at the political damage that the Nightline tribute was supposed to do to Bush, doesn't mean that they don't know people are dying or feel bad about it.

or maybe theese same people dont just want to face the fact that there are young men and women who are the cream of the crop of the nation who are being used as cannon fodder to forward an unjust war ...or maybe they love that walking head of cabbage known as shrub so much that they cant bear the fact that people like themselves might see that this war is a farce and is no longer serving any other purpose than to keep peoples minds off whats really going on....

Give it to them in full bloody technicolor is what i say ....i wanna see heads being blow off on my video propaganda machine....i wanna see little children with there legs and arms blown off screaming in bloody terror ....i wanna see the bodies of innocents and soldiers commingled in a bath of blood .....
Hey DAMMIT THIS IS WARRRRR !!!!!!
SHOW ALL OF IT.... EVERY LAST DEAD BODY EVERY MUTILATED LITTLE CHILD .....SHOW IT ALL ....WHAT DID YOU EXPECT !!!!...A NICE LITTLE CLEAN WAR....NAW LETS COVER IT UP AND NOT SHOW THE ORDINARY PEOPLE WHO ARE DYING AND HAVE FAMILIES AND LOVES AND FRIENDS AND LIVES BACK HOME .....BECAUSE THAT MIGHT HURT OLD GEORGEYS CHANCE OF GETTING RE-ELECTED ....WELL TOO DAMN BAD !!!!....WE NEED WAR IN FULL TECHNICOLOR PUMPED INTO OUR LIVING ROOMS EVERY NIGHT !!!!

POLITICAL DAMAGE TOO BAD .....DUBYA SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE...........

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ah, yes, ram it down everyone's throats until they agree with you. Well, you may have something there. That type of propaganda seems to work fine for Religion.

[edit added] So what you are really saying is that you don't mind propaganda, you just mind it if it doesn't agree with what you believe... [end edit]

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Ambient Sound]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Ah, yes, ram it down everyone's throats until they agree with you. Well, you may have something there. That type of propaganda seems to work fine for Religion.

[edit added] So what you are really saying is that you don't mind propaganda, you just mind it if it doesn't agree with what you believe... [end edit]

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Ambient Sound]

How do you figure showing the reality of war is propaganda???? by not showing it is where the propaganda lies...by covering it up is where the propaganda lies....by making up reasons for war is propaganda...Ie...weapons of mass destruction...al qaeda connections to Saddams regime....
so can you explain how showing the blood and horror of war is propaganda...?
only by making it nice and clean and hiding it away under the false pretense of patriotism is it made into propaganda....get out your flags and wave them...(quote):
George Bush: "ill tell you why there doing this ....They hate freedom"

man if that quote aint propaganda i dont know what is ...
can you explain to me what brainwashed morons actually believe that...even people who support this war...ive never heard them say that.....so why does the president keep reiterating it.....
The news channels call the militants and insurgents in iraq...."TERRORISTS"....IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE .???....THAT IS PROPAGANDA !!!!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Any information given in support of a particular agenda is propaganda. Period. You believe that if only people could see the horror that you would force them to view, then they would suddenly think like you do (which of course is the right way to think as far as you are concerned) and oppose the war. You would fight what you see as propaganda with your own form of it which is just as bad.

Then, as people often do, when you run out of arguements to support your case, you resort to calling people morons just because they disagree with you.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Any information given in support of a particular agenda is propaganda. Period. You believe that if only people could see the horror that you would force them to view, then they would suddenly think like you do (which of course is the right way to think as far as you are concerned) and oppose the war. You would fight what you see as propaganda with your own form of it which is just as bad.

Then, as people often do, when you run out of arguements to support your case, you resort to calling people morons just because they disagree with you.

information that is unbiased is not propaganda.....truth is not propaganda you are mistaking truth and propaganda.....there is a difference ...im just saying that no one i know believes the line above reiterated by Dubya whether they support the war or not....if i was to show war in all its gritty realism in real time it would be the truth not propaganda ....your using propaganda as a label to brand what you dont want others to see or know...propaganda is a warping or hiding of the truth....

you have mistaken truth for propaganda .....I dont care who the president is ....i dont care what party he belongs too.....im just saying show it for all its worth...
who said anything about forcing them to view it ???
Turn the channel ....read a book ....go for a walk.....dont look at janets breast....

you said any information given in support of an agenda is propaganda ????
who said anything about an agenda .....? The agenda of truth is what you would like to obscure so your boy can get re-elected and continue a war that cant be won......
information is knowledge....knowlege gives you the power to see the truth...if that is an agenda i can see that you dont want the truth to be known.

can you tell me your reasons for continuing the war!!!
maybe you can make up a post and call it "Ambient sounds reasons for continuing a war all americans can use and need"
Try that or something similiar on for size and back it up with some good reasons for american citizens to support the war.......
Id love to see it ....id love to see your rationalizations for this war.....maybe you could title it "Why we need this war and why its a good thing"
ive got endless titles you could use......Show us your agenda to obscure the truth......

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
watcheroftheskies.....
Have you seen the ratings that Nightline recieved for airing their propaganda ploy, errr, I mean tribute to and for the dead that have fallen?

I don't think it had the impact so desired or you can best bet that BT and Rant wouldn't be so engrossed by what BT has drudged up.

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
watcheroftheskies.....
Have you seen the ratings that Nightline recieved for airing their propaganda ploy, errr, I mean tribute to and for the dead that have fallen?

I don't think it had the impact so desired or you can best bet that BT and Rant wouldn't be so engrossed by what BT has drudged up.

seekerof

i really dont care what the ratings were....it is irrelevant to me .... i dont care what Bt or Rant drudged up....i dont care if there engrossed with it....There is no desired effect other than to garner ratings and that is also irrelevant to me....what they showed could be thought of as being pro-war depending on your point of view....now couldnt it ??
what matters is the truth without spin......something you will not find in the media ....one side spins it one way ....the other spins it in the opposite direction....
Divide and conquer has long been an elitist tool to rule the masses....and depending on whos brainwashed you and how complete it is you can believe the absolute truth has been spun one way or the other.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
information that is unbiased

There is no such thing. Thinking that there is is your mistake.

you have mistaken truth for propaganda

Who's truth would that be? Your truth?

can you tell me your reasons for continuing the war!!!
maybe you can make up a post and call it "Ambient sounds reasons for continuing a war all americans can use and need"
Try that or something similiar on for size and back it up with some good reasons for american citizens to support the war.......
Id love to see it ....id love to see your rationalizations for this war.....maybe you could title it "Why we need this war and why its a good thing"
ive got endless titles you could use......Show us your agenda to obscure the truth......

Hmmm. Well, I could tell you that I believe that fanatical Islam going to try to take over the planet and I could provide links to support that, or I could tell you that the oil must be secured or I could tell you any number of other reasons that I think are valid for us doing what we're doing, but that information can be found from reading just about any of my posts in this or other threads about the same subjects. I'm pretty sure that what I say or think won't matter to you because unlike the rest of us poor mortals, you apparently already know the "truth" and don't need to learn anymore.

I do think that Bush wasn't far off when he said that they hate Freedom, but I don't believe that because GWB said it, I believe it because that is what I see and read in many different places. As I've said before, values like Freedom and Liberty are concepts and ideals that undermine the Islamic Dogma that keeps their people enslaved to a violent and petty superstition. That is my reason for supporting the war. I know that they have to make war on us, just because of who we are and what we represent, so I would rather fight them over there now, than fight them here and in Europe 10 years from now.

Now, with all that being said, do you think that hearing the names of the 700+ brave Americans who have died to keep me free is going to change my opinion? I already have the utmost respect these people and am greatful for their service. I happen to believe that there are good reasons for us being there and believe that many of them do as well.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
taking things out of context is the oldest trick in the book....you believe what you want ....its not my version of the truth i want people to absorb.....its just the truth...dont confuse the two ....the truth is the truth and thats all that needs to be known....i dont live in a fantasy world of" i believe what ever is said on the t.v and if the president said go to war its got to be a good thing especially since im a upstanding right wing republican..."
i dont have of a version of my TRUTH.....its either the truth or it isnt.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We can discuss subjective truths another time, Watcher.

Here is an objective truth. Sinclair Broadcasting is a company. The own some media stations. They are entitiled to use them or allow them to be used as they wish within the legal FCC regulations regarding such things and I doubt this situation qualifies. They may suffer some backlash from viewers. They may get in trouble with ABC. That's the suposedly free market for ya. If they suffer for it that is wht they get for making the wrong decision.

As to the CEO sex stuff, well, perves are everywhere but this guy was just out buying sex. The woman was 31. I have no problem with that at all. There would be a lot less violance and crime in the US if a man could just go pay for a much needed service like that in a controled enviorment without any hassles.

I think the overall point I'll try to make is that no media source is unbiased. Dispite what Watcher thinks, truth is subjective, based on where you are looking at it from. From NPR to Fox News and everyone in between, you should expect bias and knowing that it is there be astute enough to glean useful information from many sources. One of the reasons I come to this site is because the ATSNN really is quite fast with getting News posted, often before the regular media channels do, and I know I will get a "different" take on events. But I still watch the News channels too. I assume bias in all these sources. Welcome to the information age.

War is ultimately about who controls the information (religious, cultural, technolgical) and which information it will be. Knowledge really is power.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Sinclair Broadcast Group is disgusting, Mark Hyman giving his little "The Point" bit every evening gets really old, but what creeps me out the most about it is the fact that they present alot of their garbage as news. During the election they were running pure crap, and actually got into to some trouble for airing it on other local network affiliates here. I have a thread somewhere on here that got moved to BTS that went into more detail but Sinclair is obviously a mouthpiece for ultraconservatisim. Mark Hyman makes me queasy.

join