It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Atheism... No proof needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First off, I'll say that this post will contain no facts or attempts to guide your soul into another label for it. This post is (to me) about trying to show the ignorance of religious labeling and titles.

Definitively, a theist is one who believes in a deity. An atheist is one who does not. Simple as that... There's nothing that defines atheists as people who do not believe in their own souls, or beings of a "higher realm." This is a label that organized religion places upon atheism in an attempt to scare people away from the "godless heathens" of the world.

Now, I am here to say that I have not figured out fully what my true beliefs are as far as my spirituality, but I am beginning to see myself as a being not under any other, but one of simplicity and raw, untapped ability to ascend. I am not limited in this way, so you could also say that I am taking the easy way out.

Humans have a strange nature of wanting to make sense of everything around them. Some Catholics might say that people who are purely scientific in belief are missing out on the beauty of life and spirituality. I'd argue with that Catholic by saying that they themselves use logic to assimilate some sort of understanding from "religious" texts. They label everything and thusly, it loses its beauty once simplified. The unknowing eyes of a child see this world without blinders, and they are more wonderful, creative creatures because of it.

To me, I am beginning to lose hope that my religion will be defined within my own lifetime.. And guess what? It makes it all the more wonderful. Breaking the barriers and seeing life again for the first time is a scary proposition. Everything loses its meaning. But when I look into the heavens I see things that are simply outside my realm of true understanding, and hopefully when I die I'll be let in on the secret.

So I ask myself if I believe in a god... Hmm, well I certainly have faith in something outside my realm of thought, but it doesn't necessarily control or hold precedence over me. It may guide me at times, but that doesn't mean it decides what happens when I die. I don't know what you guys are doing when you kick the bucket, but I'm heading out into that void that the Hubble Ultra Deep Field and basking in all the wonderment of it all. Its freeing to see yourself dictating your destiny.

So where am I going with all this? Basically, I am asking other people to look outside their own boxes and see things without your blinders on. Good vs. Evil.. Isn't that relative to the action? There is no evil, no good. It just is. Those of you looking for a path need to broaden your search, because it might be off to the side where you weren't looking.

Am I an atheist? Am I spiritual?

No, I just am.

I could write forever but I'll stop here and see what conversation we can get started.

Also, if you want to know where I got the label, you can go to this guy's site: The Spiritual Atheist . I certainly don't agree with it all, but its food for thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Some Catholics might say that people who are purely scientific in belief are missing out on the beauty of life and spirituality.

Life, spirituality, and science are reconcilable. Religion without science is blind, science without life is dead!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You are agnostic. Without knowledge. Means simply, "I do not know". It's perfectly fine place to be, it just means you are "poor in spirit". Having not yet known the truth.

I'm not a christian, but I do agree with Jesus 100% and I know what he says is true. It is about understanding, not about acceptance. It's not "Jesus" the physical man/idol that is important, it is what he does and says that matters. I'm not a christian because they believe he dies and they are saved by his death. They treat him as a sacrifice and in "his blood" they are saved. I believe it is in his life example and understanding that one is saved, and that the christian version of things are "satanic" as it is the sacrifice of truth so that the lie may live.

But here's the skinny.

There are 2 sides to these things. There is the spirit and there is the flesh. In more modern language, there is consciousness and there is the universe/physical.

Consciousness is what is called a "soul". It is that which gives makes you an "observer" of the universe. That bit that gives you the feeling of "I am". It is because of this we are able to have understanding. Consciousness creates logic. We get the ability of choice and free will from this.

The other side of things is the physical/creation. It is based on logic/action reaction. If this happens, then this happens, etc. All the physical is based on this, our bodies work in this way and so forth. Thus, our bodies come from the dust of the earth, our souls come from the father.

So, lets go through the events in genesis. In the beginning there was the word. What does that mean? It means logic. Programs are built on words and logic. Open up a program and you will see lots of words and logic going on. It "creates" the programs we use. Consciousness creates logic. Logic = laws. So, this "word" made this creation.

Now, lets liken this to creating a video game. If there is nobody their to view the video game, then it's just a bunch of patterns repeating over and over. The game doesn't come to "life" until it is observed by consciousness.

Thus, the spirit of god fills creation and brings it to life.

It is the father within you that gives you free will, feeling, understanding, an observer and so forth. In the end, there is only 1 true observer of all things. That is the father. We are in the son perspective, 1 individual experience and consciousness. A soul is the individual consciousness within the bigger consciousness. If you lose your soul, then you lose your individuality, you are absorbed by the father(all things of the father return to the father).

If you would like to read more about father and son perspective, follow the 2 posts below. I'm going to skip over that part for this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the bible, it is said - you are hated because you are not of this world. What does that mean? Well this world works in action and reaction. Because of that it means it can be controlled. If you put the right kind of action into something, we can expect a certain reaction and it will happen over and over. Rockets work off this principle. Put the right amount of fuel and thrust, and you can control where it goes. It is of this creation, it is of "this world".

You are the soul/consciousness. You do not follow those things, and thus you are not so easily controlled. So you are hated for your free will and freedom. If that rocket had free will and choice, who knows where it would end up. Not useful for those looking for control. So what does it mean to sell your soul? It means to become a puppet. To serve and do things for some kind of physical compensation. Politicians are the easy example in most cases. They do what they are told in return for being treated as they are.

What they try to do is keep blind, keep the choices reduced with manipulation. When the people accept what they are told and are manipulated, then you can introduce certain actions and get the reactions you want out of people. The most common used thing is fear. Attack someone, you can expect them to support an attack. Iraq is a prime example. So that is why/how they deceive people. They also keep the above hidden, so people won't realize what they really are and so forth.

For information on how to recognize "wolves in sheeps clothing" I made a thread about it.

Sheeps clothing = symbolism and idols.

So, lets kind of go back to the "garden" again. It says we took from the tree of knowledge, to know both good and evil. This means we were sent to learn about good and evil. We have evil within us and were capable of it, so we were removed from it to protect the "tree of life".

If you steal, then it is impossible for you to live in a society without theft. If you murder, can't live in a society without murder. etc. Thus, in order to protect all the life that was not evil, we were quarantined on this planet to learn the difference between good and evil.

The commandments were given, and if man followed those commandments and choose "wisdom" over the physical and material things, then they would no longer steal, murder and so forth. As such, they would be allowed to ascend back into that perfect society without the evil. However, men for the most part did not understand, they thought because the wagers of sin was death, it was their job to kill people. They were doing the "Lords work" to kill the man who killed. But they were just hypocrites. They themselves are breaking a commandment by killing. Enter Jesus. Jesus is the example on how to follow the commandments properly in order to do what is needed to ascend back into a heavenly society. Thus, by following his example and doing as he says and does, you are walking the path. How the path works is in those 2 posts about father and son relationship.

So, back to the deception and control of this world. They use fear and manipulate people. And in doing so, they get the people to do things which are against the path and understanding. They use fear of death and keeping people blind to the fact they are a soul and death is not real, just the body dies. And out of that fear, people do "reactions" that lead them down the broad path of destruction. They war and do all things of destruction. If people instead looked at the actions being done, rather than feeling they are justified in their actions to try and "save themselves" out of fear then they would see the path they are walking is not correct. Thus we have the mass confusion and destruction of today. And will continue until people gain understanding.

There is most certainly good and evil. Evil is that which does things that are bad, and imposes on the free will of another. All of "god's laws" are based on this understanding, it is the golden rule and the understanding of Jesus.

But it's not all doom and gloom. You only need to deceive good people. If they weren't good people at heart, then you wouldn't need to deceive them into doing bad things, they would want to do them. So only the "wicked" need worry really, as they are the ones who know the truth, but works against it and to blind/deceive people. Once the truth comes to those who are blind, then they will see for themselves and understand it. Then they will no longer follow and do those things. Thus, you they and you are just poor in spirit.

I tell you these things, but I am not an authority. You shouldn't accept what I say as truth. These are things you must understand for yourself. I can not give you that understanding. I can express it in my own way, as I have here, but you must seek and find your own understanding. If you accept, then you will not understand. There is only 1 true teacher, and only 1 that can give you that understanding, you just have to ask for it. The understanding will come to you and it won't be from a man. You will just suddenly understand.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Both of your thoughts are thoroughly appreciated, although I would rather consider myself rather strong in spirit, I get where you're coming from.

However, I don't know that badmedia really read much of what I wrote. Your response was great, I just don't think you did much replying, only preaching.

I have been through quite a bit during my short time on this earth. During one of my saddest days, I was guided by something well outside my realm of understanding. It was amazingly blissful and horrifying at the same time. I won't get into it, but it was certainly otherworldly. It changed my life.

Was it God?? Maybe.

Christian texts have been a mainstay in my life since birth. During my college years, I did my best to balance myself out by reading as many other "bibles" as I could. The Old and New Testaments, the koran, the bhagavad gita, etc. I saw a common element in all of them: They all moved me and helped guide my life, but they also didn't speak towards my experience with the unknown entity that changed me.. They were all so much less beautiful. They seemed bland and simple.

I am not arguing anyone's particular religion, I am only asking people to look past themselves and realize there is beauty out there that our simple human brains cannot possibly conceive. Again, I ask, what is the point in understanding that which cannot be understood? Futility, and it keeps you from seeing "truth," as you put it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And as far as agnosticism, I would hardly define myself as such. Agnosticism, by definition, is a non-existent belief. It is considered the bridge between atheism and theism, but I see those as interconnecting, so agnostic belief is unneeded.

Agnostics do little to even think about their place in the universe. I do it constantly.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

lol, sorry wasn't trying to "preach". It's just that there is so much too it, I felt it was needed to give a full view of things. I find that if I do not completely explain things, then I get hit with alot of assumptions.

If I say "Jesus" people assume I'm a Christian etc. I can't even use the word "Church" in the proper way, it would be assumed I mean a physical building somewhere. If I say "born again", I would be talking about an actual experience, but Christians have warped that into a religious denomination, and I certainly wouldn't be talking about that.

Like if I had said the "genesis creation story is true", then that leaves up the possibility for you to think I mean that in the way creationists see it. The literal 7 days and so forth. Which would not be what I mean.

So I figure if I give a long full response like that, it leaves little room for assumptions.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No worries, I certainly would choose not to assume anything about your beliefs.

Your post was thoughtful and insightful. Definitely a good contribution. Sorry if I came off too judgemental.

top topics

join