It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea in plutonium threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

North Korea in plutonium threat

news.bbc.co.uk

North Korea has said it will weaponise its plutonium stocks amid threats to take military action over United Nations sanctions, state media said.

Pyongyang would view any US-led attempts to "blockade" it as an "act of war", the Associated Press (AP) said.

The warning from North Korea's foreign ministry was carried by Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Saturday.

It follows a toughening of UN sanctions against the communist state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/13/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh dear it's looking like the military and political heads of NK are marching stubbornly into a holocaust and taking their people with them. Very worrying times ahead for all, I hope that this has a peaceful outcome but all the signs are pointing towards very bad things coming this way

Peace

Berth

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/13/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
well, unfortuanlty...obama had better realize this guy is effin nuts, nad a bombing riad is on order now, as a response to this decalration of war north korea has imposed on us. How will the united states look, not acting in a declaration of war, especailly coming form a country much samller and years behind tis technological state. It would make us lok WEAK and helpless by not respnding. TIme to bobm them so good, they wont know what hit them....in order to halt the production beofre it gets any closer to completion,a nd god forbid, pre emptive use on their behalf...

CX

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Has anyone actualy asked the US administration why we went to Iraq for much less than this? Just curious thats all.

Kimmy classes everything as an act of war. I bet his postman dreads dropping his mail through the post just in case it's considered an act of war.

I would so love to the administration to tell him to stop acting like a spoilt child, and then send him a teddy to replace the one he threw out of his pram. His face would be a picture.

I know with the UN says no force is authorised, but at what point does that get overdidden?

Whats the next step after weaponising plutonium? Does that mean they then have a nuke ready to use?

CX.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes, it is what is says, weaponized plutonium, unlike Iran they already have the weapons grade uranium ready (centrifuges working day and night).
threatswatch.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Ap News, UN meeting

[edit on 2009/6/13 by reugen]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If you don't think we (U.S.) don't have a plan already laid out on a table somewhere with multiple ways of dealing with this situation.. you are naive.

He is eventually going to go too far.... I am just hoping too far is not a first strike by this madman.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Kimmy classes everything as an act of war. I bet his postman dreads dropping his mail through the post just in case it's considered an act of war.
this made me laugh
; but ,on a serious note, I think they could have a nuke missile ready to deploy in a matter of hours.

Somehow, there's something about that nokor leader that makes me laugh. Maybe its from all those impersonators I've seen of him

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
nothing will happen..relax.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Are you people stupid, North Korea dosent have weapons of mass destruction, Mr kim says so himself, look.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
First things first. Dont worry , the US and its allies have airbourne anti missile lasers to take care of NKs bombs should it actualy try to launch in anger.
Second , the NK do not posses such protection , and are probably aware that if they did start a nuke off, it would be them who ended up with the gieger rock playing at a stadium near them. Its all just hooey ... scaremongering and whining. North Korea, the biggest Emo in the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
NK possibly has DU shells. Their use is not banned. Also they are a valuable commodity for trade.

They are expected to test a nuke shortly, possibly on July 4th. A long range ICBM is being prepared for testing, I think.

The US moved it's carrier group from the Sea of Japan to the Persian Gulf.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

its on chinas door step.

Looks like he really is pushing things, still do not think he will do anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It is like a poker game, when both sides think that other is bluffing. NK leaders have nothing to gain from the war, since if they will survive it Nuremberg 2 is surely to follow. NK cannot win. A lot of people could die though.
My prediction - another agreement "no nukes for food" is close by. It is cheaper to pay then start a war. N. Korea has a couple of decades then its Communist egime would crumble too.

top topics

join