It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the main stream media so focused on the non-existant Republican party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Democrats have complete control of the government: White House, Senate, House of Representatives.

The country is arguably in it's worst state since the Great Depression.

Unemployment: 9.4%
National Debt: 11 Trillion
Home Foreclosures: 1 in 7 homes in foreclosure
Iraq/Afghanistan: War continues, no withdrawal date or end in the near future

My question is:
With the current woes to the U.S. why is the main stream media so focused on the future of the out-of-power Republican party? And with who the spokes person is? Who freaking cares?

The Democrats are in control of everything, on the surface nothing appears to be helping the U.S. economy and things are getting worse, and yet somehow the press is still focused on the Republican party. Every time I force myself to turn on the tv/cable news I hear Republican party this Rush Limbaugh that. How about maybe I hear some good news that is coming from the Democrat ran government?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

You won't hear about anything good coming from the Democrat controlled government because there is nothing. A large portion of the $11tril. debt is from the Obama administration.

You keep hearing about the Republican party because the MSM, for the most part, is beside themselves with glee about the state that the party is in and they want to continue to show it as to make conservatives discouraged.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well it is because the left wingers have an obsession with Republicans. I tend to think it is almost like a teenager obsessed with thinking their parents might show up while they are drinking a quart of beer behind the shed. If you pay attention, it is your beloved MSNBC that can not stop talking about the GOP and what idiots they are and how they will not regain power for another 50 years.

I find it rather hilarious that you do not realize this is being done by Democratic supporters to deflect attention away from the fact that the current President is turning this country into some half communist state. He has already turned the car companies over to the workers, started to think he can control how much a private worker can make, etc.

I guess no one is talking about all the great things that are going on by the Dems because:
1. Nothing great is going on unless you call being robbed blind before your very eyes great.
2. If they went into too much detail about what is happening some Dems might wake up and say hey this isn't what I voted for.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

From a strictly news perspective the fall of the GOP is a good story. They have dominated American politics for 8 years and now the party has completely fallen apart.
The amount of press is also indicative of a sea-change in the general population & the media is riding that wave - that's how the media works.

I agree that people like Limbaugh & Coulter get a lot more press than they deserve, but when the conservative media takes these people serious it's obvious that the liberal media will take cheap shots at them - again it's just easy ratings.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

The party has not completely fallen apart. That is what the Dems would like to convince the world of, but it is not true.

Do you remember how crazy the Dems themself went after they lost a bunch of congressional seats when Bush was around? Did they fall apart? They simply used it as a time to build a better message.

The GOP will be fine. All they have to do is stand back and give Obama and the rest of the Dems enough rope to hang themselves with. From my point of view it looks like it is working quite well. I have a feeling either a bunch of new parties will form and one of them get elected to the White House, or people will be running to the polls to vote for the next Republican candidate. Well that is unless they pick another McCain, who was just Obama lite, but heck even McCain is starting to look like a better choice at this point.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I've thought that the media may be blowing the "demise" of the Republican party out of proportion.

Politics, like everything in life, has an ebb to it. There was a point when the Democrats had no direction and they had to find themselves again and rehash their message.

I've wondered if maybe being in complete control is really a good thing for the Democrats, despite what they think. They could very well be the ones that don't survive from all this. The American people aren't dumb, and it seems that many are waking up to what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2010, the Republicans take back at least one house of Congress. Obama and the Democrats will have no excuse if nothing gets done.

It'll be really funny when Arlen Spector comes crawling back. They shouldn't allow him to join again.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by octotom]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

A star for you. I agree that stuff gets blown out of proportion and their is an ebb and flow to politics.

I just can not wait to see how much longer Obama will Socialize/Communize the country before mass numbers of people catch on and start flipping their nut.

I mean handing majority ownership of the car companies to the unions and shafting bond holders is right out of the communist handbook.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I just can not wait to see how much longer Obama will Socialize/Communize the country before mass numbers of people catch on and start flipping their nut.

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later! Though, given American history, it doesn't even need to be a majority of the country. During the Revolutionary period, most of the country either didn't care or was loyal to the crown. So, today, it could be entirely possible that a sizable minority could pull the country in the right direction.

I mean handing majority ownership of the car companies to the unions and shafting bond holders is right out of the communist handbook.

It's the US government the majority owner of GM? I suppose it is possible that I missed something over here in Germany.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

My bad. The UAW ends up owning like 55% of Chrysler and 17% of GM. You are correct that the US will hold about 72% of GM. Well in my book that is even more communist.

How can a private company like Ford compete with a company that can dig into the printing machines of government and loose money for infinity?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It is because the media would like to get rid of the Republican party.They want to surpress the freedom loving,small goverment, hard working people in America.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We are kept as slaves in a divide and conquer world.

It's through dividing us constantly into groups, sects, parties, etc., etc., and then turning us against one another that the Masters of the world stay above the justice of the masses.

If we aren't constantly reminded that their our 'enemies' or that our 'enemies' are winning, or our 'enemies' are not down and out and we must remain vigile, then we might forget to stop fighting amongsts ourselves and start fighting against the people who really run the world.

That just wouldn't do!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Puppet on the left, puppet on the right it's all the same.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is of course just speculation...

so you have to take many things into consideration...

Breakdown of current situation...

We all know that republican and democrat really mean nothing, we can all clearly see the UN charter agenda being trickled down onto us, "left" or "right", we all know it is about money, wealth and power. Groups like the Council of Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commision, and "Bilderberg" meetings, just to name the slightly more well known, always consist of the ruling.
So, why did i bother to say all that? This means there is two real parties...
Globalist/NewAge'ist/Elitists/Transhumanists, and everyone else...

The biggest political movement of this milenia has been conservatism... a recent gallup poll says more Americans consider themselves "conservative" than anything else, moderate or liberal. The current conservative movement is being fueled by the Liberty/"Truth" revolutions... It is these groups that are most dangerous to the status quo... we all know that there is a push by Liberty groups such as Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" to become active in the power structure, mainly the REPUBLICan party, to spread Liberty. These groups which can be aligned with 9-11 Truth movements, Constitutionalists (Want their Rights, which are so obvious, respected), Anti-Empire'ists (Anti-War), and of course, "Sound" Money/Economics movements, are the biggest threat to the future, as our rulers have dreamed of it and worked for, for so long.

Maybe we can add this slight alignment of Republicans to these movements, the fact that the most watched news "PROGRAMS", with a majority of lead, are conservative(ie, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, ect) shows you the true nature of the American people. Of course, everything is meant to subvert our power, and have it delegated given and subjugated away. Hence the the TWO ONLY party system. Left right, Russia America, China America, white black mexican (only mexicans not guatamalans or argentines), nerd jock, ect ect ect. I mean wow! Republican President, Democratic President, Republican President, Democratic President.

They want your soul... lol?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Because they think if they keep repeating something, it will eventually come true.
Truth is there is nothing they fear more.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have a feeling that people will be shocked when the Phoenix rises from the ashes.
two lines

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i like to think its because they have been ragging on or supporting republicans in the news for so long that they have yet to make the transition. Remember when fox news was considered an avid biased supporter of the republican agenda? well, now we can all clearly see that they, in fact, serve the agenda of some fat rich guy who owns all parties. The reason for focusing on the republican party is because they seem to be the only ones thinking somewhat rationally in America right now. democrats are taking the dunts cap without anyone paying attention

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Why is the focus on the Republicans? Because once the Democrats screw everything up even worse than the Repulicans (I didn't think that was possible), the sheeple will turn out in droves to vote in a Republican government.

new topics

top topics

join