It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wat is white noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
wat is white noise i hear it is used on prisoners of war con someone explain it to me

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
it is like a loud staticy sound like the snow on your T.V. or anything kinda like that for the sole purpose of interragation* at least thats what i have come to know it as.

this is a good example of white noise, not prisoner interragation.
home.howstuffworks.com...

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Trance]

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
thinks trance now can anyone explain how this would help interrogation i guess it is really annoying or something thinks for the link trance

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yes just like Water torture (water drippin on your forehead for a prolong amount of time) the constant motion of action eventualy can put a frazzle on one's brain an counteract the messures they may have already been using to withhold infomation.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A simple google search would have explained this. It would even do you sound samples

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
well i tryed google and it says blahblahblah connection failed blahblahblah so that is y i posted it here

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
well i tryed google and it says blahblahblah connection failed blahblahblah so that is y i posted it here

You are retarded, i dont believe you did a google search.
I have never seen a google connection fail. Cheater.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Forget white noise. I much prefer pink noise, it's much more structured.

www.firstpr.com.au...

I've never seen google fail. It's the page I use to test internet connections on our network, as it's about as quick to load as a page can get.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Dunno man the Internets acting strange, loads of website hosts are down, even ATS had too many connections errors yesterday, its like the net has the flu or something.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If someone tried to use white noise to torture me, all they'd do is put me to sleep. In fact I NEED white noise to sleep whether its coming from the sound of a fan, falling rain, or ocean waves. I have a cousin who's the same way.
I have a hyperactive brain that tries to process any sound I hear while I'm trying to fall asleep. I need the white noise to cancel out any "chaotic" noise I might hear. This is actually pretty common.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
yes it is very common. My alarm clock has a function that makes noises like that to help poeple get to sleep.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Homer Jay u wouldnt have a chance to fall asleep, they will keep you in various stress postitions while hearing this stuff and your mind will crack if u dont hold the posistion then a beating on its way, u will not sleep. ive been held in stress positions for 1 hour and i would give any info i had then and there!! let alone holdin it for 24 hours plus

top topics

join