It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gator child.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

OK... found this on planetboredom.

So what ya think? Real? I'm no pro but... I don't think so.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
wow interesting the lil pod man thingy looks like it was cut from pine green playdoh, as for the gatorkid looks like special effects from indiana jones, i dunno could be real but looks like a rigger-roo.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Eww that thing looks kinda creepy.
But im guessing its not real, WEll i hope not!!

Things like this have been found in the past and have been shown to be a hoax.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That gator boy looks like a corpse, but the caption is talking like whoever took the picture took it when it was alive. It's gotta be fake, it's eye sockets are all rotted out.

It might not be a fake gator or a fake corpse, those might be real, but if they were I'd like to have a word with the person who slapped a dead gator and a dead kid together just to take a picture of it.

DC

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i dont know....it'll make great pets though
i wonder how a new belt would look on me?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
its fake the top half is a mummy ive seen the oicture in a magazine so someone cropped the pic and put the 2 together

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
erm... dat iz jus not rite, kool find tho.... doubt it is real lookz 1/2 rotted.... but u neva kno these things mite exist...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
THATS where i seen it before! i thought i have but wasnt too sure, in National geogrphic for sure but eee gasp i dunno the issue #. sorry.

(Also if u look at this under a zoom feature u can see that in the middle there was a good use of Blur tool.)

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Trance]

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
yes think you it was national geographic i remember looking at it in the waiting room at my doctors office

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
the little tiny one DOES look like something from nature... if you know what I mean

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think I it is fake.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Top one could be anything.

Bottom one is definately fake. Looks like a total copy of the mermaid made of a fish and an ape. This is probably the same thing, a kayman (Spelled correctly?) and an ape.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance

(Also if u look at this under a zoom feature u can see that in the middle there was a good use of Blur tool.)

This is where your wrong.
There was NO use of a blur tool, it's simply fake.
It was MADE like that, noone photoshopped it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
it's a hoax. Seen it a few times already.

It's probably somewhere on snopes.com

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
i think its real, i used a super zoom tool at my university lab for graphic design and, after five years of study can see no evidence to suggest photographic manipulation.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredBeast
i think its real, i used a super zoom tool at my university lab for graphic design and, after five years of study can see no evidence to suggest photographic manipulation.
Sure, but isn't it a little strange that a half gator corpse/half kid corpse is walking around like it were alive or something?

DC

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's a fake, folks. In fact, that's a picture of the "gator boy" that P.T. Barnum had in his sideshow.

It's a stuffed monkey sewn together with a stuffed alligator. They used to make these and other similar things (there's a "mermaid" around, too) for the sideshow trade last century. They're called "chimeras" and are only believable from several feet away.

Up close, you see all the stitching.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeah, its fake. I remember seeing pictures of it in "The Weekly World News" along with Batboy and friends. Apparently it was geneticaly mutated in a laboratory untill it ate something like 5 scientists and escaped.

About it being a manipulated photo- That magazine doesnt use that kind of stuff. Its all models.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well, just for your intelligence, it IS a 'photo' of a model

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The top one looks like a toy alien, such as found in the middle of soap eggs for kids - its supposed to get them to wash more often in order to 'hatch' the alien in the centre.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join