It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help!!! can't save images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Please can someone help me. I don't know what I've done, but somehow I've managed to muck up my pc's ability to right click and save.
I wanted to save an animated gif but when I tried, it would only save as a bitmap file. The last time this happened I followed some instructions which said to delete my temporary files and then I would be able to save as gif files again. I did this and it was fine.
Well I've done the same again today and managed to save the animated gif ok, but now when I want to save an image, I right click it and I get the option to save as ART or bit , and when I save it , it won't open for me to view it in my pictures. it just says no preview available.It's not just some file that I'm not allowed to save, it's from various sources that I've used before.
I really hope that someone can advise me on how to sort this out and I will be eternally grateful

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well.....first, you might want to think about getting rid of AOL.

Go to the "Preferences" on your AOL browser, then select "WWW" Go to "Web Graphics" and uncheck the box the says "Use compressed graphics."
Clear your cache (temporary internet files) again, and see if that doesn't fix it.

-B.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for that Banshee! problem solved. I owe you one.
I guess that's a common problem with AOL? I've heard others say that AOL should be avoided, so I guess there are other disadvantages to using it that I'll come across? I'm tied down to a 12 month contract at the moment so I'll have to see how it goes after that.
thanks again I really though I'd broken something!

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Beaten to it again !

I had the very same problem when I used AOL when I was in the UK. I ended up using google to find out what I had done and how to fix it. I like AOL and I never had any problems with it except for that.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
if your on dail up pantha when your AOL is up try [Freeserve....now wanadoo.ive had noprblems with the anytime account and its pretty cheap

join