It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunburn Cures...Got Any?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yesterday I was at the local VFW mowing there lawn for service hours (at my catholic skool we gotta do 15 service hours) Well i got sunburned pretty badly...and it hurts like a bitch. Does anybody know any household cures or something to make it feel better?? Stuff that youd find around a house, cuz i dont wanna go out and buy something.
Thanks

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
*ouch* sounds very painfull,

Stuff around the house! At bedtime, cover sunburns with a towel soaked in water and vinegar

OR

Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on sunburn. It soothes for quite a length of time. Just like store bought stuff.

OR

Vinegar will take the sting out of a sunburn - just soak a paper towel and apply to burn. Smells bad but, hey, if you're in pain, who cares?

Hope this helps.

lol got this from the website on things to do with Vinegar.

frugalliving.about.com...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yep vinegar is supposed to be very good so I've heard, it's also sposed to be handy to use on cold sores for calming them down.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thank ya kind ppl....i try it in a minute...just need plug my nose cuz the sunburns all over my face and neck.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I remember when I was younger I used to rub Noxema on a burn. Made it feel much better with the tingly-ness to it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Two words Win Dex. Windex cures everything.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I found this home remedy online. I've never tried it for myself so I can't tell you if it truly will work but I thought it was interesting.

Make a pot of boiling water and steep many tea bags to a very strong tea in a large pot. Add ice until the tea is just slightly warm. Put a bath towel (preferably a brown one, as a white one will probably be "dyed" brown) into the pot and keep turning the towel until it has soaked up all of the tea. Have the sunburned person lie on the floor or bed on top of an old towel to catch drips. Place the wet towel over the sunburned area of the body. Leave the towel on for a half hour for a moderate burn and an hour for a strong burn. The slightly warm tea will actually feel very cool on burned skin, and cold water would be almost painfully too cold on the hot skin. The burned person immediately feels relief from the wet, getting cooler and cooler gradually, with the actual temperature of the skin also cooling.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pandemonium
I found this home remedy online. I've never tried it for myself so I can't tell you if it truly will work but I thought it was interesting.

Make a pot of boiling water and steep many tea bags to a very strong tea in a large pot. Add ice until the tea is just slightly warm. Put a bath towel (preferably a brown one, as a white one will probably be "dyed" brown) into the pot and keep turning the towel until it has soaked up all of the tea. Have the sunburned person lie on the floor or bed on top of an old towel to catch drips. Place the wet towel over the sunburned area of the body. Leave the towel on for a half hour for a moderate burn and an hour for a strong burn. The slightly warm tea will actually feel very cool on burned skin, and cold water would be almost painfully too cold on the hot skin. The burned person immediately feels relief from the wet, getting cooler and cooler gradually, with the actual temperature of the skin also cooling.

I saw that one...but we dont have any tea bags...the vinegar worked good.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i did a bit of research
having a really bad sunburn right now as well
here are things you cn try
milk soaked in to a towel or cloth and left on the burn for 20 minutes every 2 hours
vinegar on a cotton ball or even in a spray bottle if the burn is large takes the pain away and prevents peeling
potato starch stops pain so try cutting up some potatos and applying them to the burn or you can even used mashed potato mix and ice cold water and use it like a paste
freash aloe vera also helps but it only soothes for a half an hour before becomming tighter on your skin
cumcumbers help tak the pain away
and you can try a cold bath with oatmeal to help as well
i hope this helps you!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I hear a lot of good things about vinegar. In my experience the Noxema is the best for a burn, and it smells nice, too. I always felt like it helped turn the red to a tan over night, but I tan well, so that may be a factor. I do think it keeps the skin from peeling.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I share your pain..trust me..
I'm burned on my face , neck, shoulders, arms, back, and chest.
I used to use noxema, but now I use aloe vera gel.
I could never use vinegar..EWWW!
I don't want to smell like a pickle.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Try Aloe Vera. Good for a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

join