It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Fears Some US Arms For Lebanon Will Reach Hezbollah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Israel Fears Some US Arms For Lebanon Will Reach Hezbollah

www.easybourse.com

JERUSALEM (AFP)--Israel fears that some U.S. military aid to Lebanon may fall into the hands of Hezbollah, the Shiite militia with which it fought a war three years ago, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Wednesday.
"When it comes to Lebanon...we have not much appreciated the delivery of American arms these past months," Barak told public radio. "We fear that a part of this material falls into the hands of Hezbollah."
Barak's comments came after a pro-Western coalition defeated a Hezbollah-led alliance in a parliamentary election in neighboring Lebanon Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.khaleejtim es.com
news.bayt.com
www.nasdaq.com
www.middle-east-online.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
so , the US is playing both sides against the middle? arm israel , then the next year - arm lebanon? Hezbollah are a legitimate organisation (well as legitimate as sein fein - who lots of people in the usa pay money to) , but since it would shift the balance of power towards the middle i can see why theres more and more anit-USA rhetoric coming out of israel nowadays.

they are running scarred or equality.

www.easybourse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Interesting article. Let's agree to disagree with regards to Hezbollahs legitimacy.

The US has pumped millions over the last few years into Lebanons military. The second largest recipient of foreign military aid infact (per capita). I wonder how much of it has already fell into the hands of Hezbollah? What's more i would be interested to know how technologically sensitive the systems supplied are?

It amazes me how despite such huge donations in aid, Hezbollah still outgun the convential army.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
given the US aid , one must ask , the missile that hit the IDF frigate - was it in fact chinese *iranian* or was it american? the anti tank weapons - are they komet`s or javelins?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Hezbollah are a legitimate organisation (well as legitimate as sein fein - who lots of people in the usa pay money to)

I'm sorry but do you mean Sinn Fein? An Irish party

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Israel fears nothing

They have cried wolf before!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

yes - my spelling isn`t the greatest without coffee

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Ah Sinn Fein are a complicated story. They're doing well in the local elections this year

top topics

join