It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama invokes Jesus more than Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Obama invokes Jesus more than Bush

news.yahoo.com

As president, Barack Obama has mentioned Jesus Christ in a number of high-profile public speeches — something his predecessor George W. Bush rarely did in such settings, even though Bush’s Christian faith was at the core of his political identity.

In his speech Thursday in Cairo, Obama told the crowd that he is a Christian and mentioned the Islamic story of Isra, in which Moses, Jesus and Mohammed joined in prayer.

At the University of Notre Dame on May 17, Obama talked about the good works he’d seen done by Christian community groups in Chicago. “I found myself drawn — not j
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Obama has the mission as Jesus -- Obama is a saviour by a democratic mandate, and he surely doesn't mention Jesus's name in vain. I wonder if he sometimes add Jesus's middle name when summoning his help: " Jesus F. Christ! Those bondholders -- those greedy speculators try to dynamite my rescue mission!"

I think Obama should sent a special US envoy to hell and see if he can move Lucifer to refuse to admit the USA to the place where the country is heading.

What do you think, Forum. Isn't that too much religion in the White House?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

In his speech Thursday in Cairo, Obama told the crowd that he is a Christian and mentioned the Islamic story of Isra, in which Moses, Jesus and Mohammed joined in prayer.

No Christian would have given this Islamic fairy tale the time of day and yet Obama showcased it as one of those 'cant we all just get along' things since Moses (Jews), Jesus (christian) and Mohammed (Muslim) all supposedly are on equal footing and are consulting each other according to this fictional story.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by stander

[...]Obama [...]mentioned the Islamic story of Isra, in which Moses, Jesus and Mohammed joined in prayer.
[...]yet Obama showcased it as one of those 'cant we all just get along' things since Moses (Jews), Jesus (christian) and Mohammed (Muslim) all supposedly are on equal footing [...]

And the simple, but sad answer is:
No! We can't get along because they are wrong and we are right!

Disclaimer: I condemn this line of thought as an ex-Christian, non-Moslem and non-Jew!

Love and blessings to all,
Samuel

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Aldolas]

new topics

top topics

join