It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilt is a Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I believe that guilt is a weapon that the church uses, and that abusing people use.

Get rid of guilt right now.

You do not have to feel guilt, unles you are an evil person.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
What about pity? empathy?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Pity and empathy are positives.

Guilt is negative.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If you think guilt is so bad, it's so easy to get rid of by saying sorry

Guilt is not a bad emotion. It's an essential tool from learning from our mistakes, like pain, sadness, etc. It's drives a strong motivation to change for good.

If you emotionally hurt a person and not felt guilt by a bit, you don't have incentive or reason to change, you might hurt people again and again. That is not good. We are supposed to make people happy, not make them cry, unless that's a tear of joy!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Guilt is only one weapon in the religious arsenal of mind control - but its a big one.

They will have you believe that even if you think something in your mind - then you are guilty of doing it. So - how the hell do you get out of that one?

I am a religion hater - they want power, money and control - that is all.

If you want to experience God and salvation - then the kingdom of God is within you - how can someone else show you where it is or how to find it?

Everyone fails along the way - but the sun rises anew, and yesterday is dead and gone.

For all our sins - we can forgive ourselves because our leaders are the greatest sinners of them all - if they lead us into a ditch, on whom more justly does the blame fall?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Guilt is easy to say goodbye to, maybe, but the reason I posted this is because families and /or people lay guilt on you, even for just existing.

In that case, it is difficult to handle.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i never feel guilty..i have made a few mistakes that should have never have happened but i dont feel guilty for taking the step i took at the time... being an ex soldier you learn to put bad memory's in a box... the church wants to brainwash the children so they can milk them for money from cradle to grave..its all about the money...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Guilt is a very important emotion and should not be surpressed. Guilt is a wonderful barometer of our actions in relationships and our actions in the world. If we feel guilty, this feeling must be examined and carefully noted. Guilt tells us when we have possibly made a mistake by what we have done, and more commonly what we have failed to do.

Conscience is the sibling to guilt, it informs us if something is good or bad, but guilt is that feeling that shoves us a little and says to us..."really? that is how you are going to deal? Did you really just do that? Or are you going to ignore that family member some more...are you sure you can not make time for them?"

Then we can choose to ignore the guilt or we can try to fix whatever mistake we made. We are all human and we all make mistakes.

If a spiritual leader or a parent or friend makes you fell guilty..it is only because deep down you know they are right. If you disagree with them there is no guilt, just resentment. Guilt is the feeling of knowing you made a mistake and need to correct it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't look on myself as an EVIL person because I feel guilt, but at the same time I'm not a saint. I don't think that guilt is a bad emotion because it teaches us things about why we shouldn't do wrong. I've done a few bad things but I have a guilt complex. I still feel guilty about knocking my Dad's ash tray off of his table when I was about nine. It isn't right you know, but I tell what is right: I don't do anything that I might be able to feel guilty about anymore.
The Church is a seriusly corrupt thing, and they will try and guilt trip you. I have never fallen for their tricks and snide, I have always been and will always be 100% athiest! I believe in humanity (well, losely, there's good and bad in every one).

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I totally agree. It is a weapon that everyone and anyone can or does use.
I also do not condone to it for the sake of a guilt trip.

new topics

top topics

join