It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 things that Are Killing You!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Great post-To bad there are so many skeptics. I have studied this subject for many years and you are right on. I would add couple of things to make it 9 things that are killing us;
#1- Amalgam fillings in your teeth, have them removerd if they are mercury based amalgam.
#2- Aluminum CHlorhidrate found in most under arm deodorants. Use a deodorant without Aluminum. You can find it at any health food store or just by Tom's Natural non-floride tooth paste and underarm deodorant.
Let's talk about Viruses for a min. The reason we mostly get the flu during the winter is because the flu virus can be melted out of your body in the summer time by simply standing in the sun light in white clothing or if possible nude. The flu virus has a sheth that protects it and the cold weather helps the sheth protect the virus. so Get some sun and do not use sun block.
If anyone out there is still concerned about the Bird flu or any strain of the flu virus, look up on the internet a Herb called Larrea Tridentata- this is an anti-viral Herb, I know I know, a Dr. will tell you there is no such thing. well look up all the testimonials and judge it for yourself. If is very inexpensive to buy . I use Arizona Natural. I would need 100,000 characters to explain how great Larrea is. so check it out and you will never fear another flu out break. ...........KMG

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thank for this, S&F. Sent this to a few of my more open-minded friends who are starting to wake up to the fact that everything is not what it seems.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Do you take Tylenol? Do you drink alcohol? Either one will dystroy your live if used to excess. I have seen people have to get on a trasplant list becasue they OD'd on tylenol in as suicide attempt(gesture), thinking it was harmless it would get them the attention they wanted.
And remember, this is OTC. If you take it regularly and drink, then you could really be putting yourself at risk.
There is no 100% safe drugs. All medication, even folk medicine, has side effects. Some of those side effects will kill you. Bottom line. Use some common sense. Take care of yourself, eat right, excercise, and stay mentally active. You will be healthier and less likely to require medication.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Fantastic thread. These are the important ones in my opinion. This thread isn't about giving you a list of things to worry about. It's simply a matter of educating yourself about the world you live in and then LIVE accordingly. Or if you'd rather fly by the seat of your pants and go ignorance is bliss style; then fill your boots.

Those of us who have done the research understand why we don't participate by using any of these items. We don't take people's words or opinions. We don't just listen to the "experts"; we make the effort to understand 'WHY'.

I can't imagine using the above mentioned items at this point, however come 3 years ago; I'd be using all them and thinking anyone who thinks differently, a weirdo. Well, egg on my face but... I'm glad, screw it. Who am I trying to impress by not wanting to admit I was wrong?

The only thing I would have liked to see on this list (only because it rivals as a first place poison is; dental amalgam or silver fillings, i.e. mercury fillings. All the same difference. If it's silver in color its mercury and it's NOT helping you on a daily basis.

One more quick note I wanted to mention was the sunscreen. As unbelievable as it is to the uninformed, it actually CAUSES skin cancer. A lovely convenience isn't? The simple solution? Who would have thought a diet of real food and nutrients actually changes your skin's susceptibility to sunburns. Aside from that, cover up - why apply a chemical coat so your "sick" skin can endure more radiation? Too hot? Certain food, eaten in advance, serves to cool the body and allow it to endure desert heat in kind. And score another point to the fake food industry because us as advanced and brillant humans now eat conveinence food! No need to spend time thinking about food in this day and age. ...Give me a break.

One of the more insanely trickful propaganda campaigns in recent memory was sunscreen and the "need" for it. Well, just like pharmaceuticals, the more unaware, indifferent and uninterested in the truth we are, then the more unhealthy our diet is, the more we rely on drugs, the more dangerous products we use and the more poisons we surround ourselves with in the name of "scientific progress and ingenuity".

Good luck to all. S+F

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i thnk people should concern them selves more with the psychological stuff thats harming us rather than the physiological

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Good read! Although I disagree on some parts.

The OP's research on MGS is not very reliable to say it bluntly. The website listed all kinds of common symptoms that could result from other sources, and attributed to MSG. And there's publications to accompany the site, which just smell too much of a FUD campaign to me.

MSG can be found in plenty of natural food products: sea food, kelps, beans, animal flesh, etc. It's also been under some of the more rigorous testing both in the East and in the West and the conclusion is that it is safe, except some allergic effects. In addition Japan, the place MSG originated from, has the highest life expectancy in the world which means MSG somehow failed at killing the Japanese.

Of course like anything else, overabundance will always cause problems no matter what. I'm all for boycotting MSG abuse in cooperate products but I also recognize it as a healthy (in moderation) flavor enhancer.

Raising health awareness is always a respectable endeavor, I just hope we can avoid the MSM's practice of "find a target to attack first gather questionable materials later".

I do agree on other parts though. Especially fluoride which is definitely a harmful chemical and the way they use water system to distribute it is appalling.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nighinfinite

Nope. MSG is a pure neurotoxin, plain and simple. It solely serves the purpose to excite nerve cells to the point of death. This is what it is and does.

By FDA definition, processed free glutamic acid (MSG) is "naturally occurring," because the basic ingredient is found in nature. "Naturally occurring" does not mean that a food additive is being used in its natural state. "Naturally occurring" only means that the food additive began with something found in nature. By FDA definition, the ingredient "monosodium glutamate" is natural. So is hydrochloric acid. So is arsenic. "Natural" doesn't mean "safe."

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I am with you on that one. It seem people will complain about anything that might remotly be harmful.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This was a great post. Very informational, thank you and I will try to keep all this in mind everyday.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew

Nope. MSG is a pure neurotoxin, plain and simple. It solely serves the purpose to excite nerve cells to the point of death. This is what it is and does.

By FDA definition, processed free glutamic acid (MSG) is "naturally occurring," because the basic ingredient is found in nature. "Naturally occurring" does not mean that a food additive is being used in its natural state. "Naturally occurring" only means that the food additive began with something found in nature. By FDA definition, the ingredient "monosodium glutamate" is natural. So is hydrochloric acid. So is arsenic. "Natural" doesn't mean "safe."

I agree that natural =/= safe since everything comes from nature. However my point is if something is found in food products that are considered healthy, isn't it a bit overreacting to say something is harmful in moderation?

Of course my research was not final and I would like to read more about MSG's effect on nerve cells, if it's not too much of a trouble.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There are a few other things not generally known that are dangerous. Soy and Peanuts are 2 of the worse foods out there that can cause Cancer. I try to avoid all beans and legumes. Linda McCartney is a prime example. She was a vegetarian but based her diet plans on Soy and Peanuts.

www.soyonlineservice.co.nz...

Tap water and spring water are too polluted to be safe. I have used distilled water exclusively since about 1972. Keep it in glass cause if it sits too long in those plastic jugs, it will absorb the chemicals from the plastic and start to taste bad. It would be even purer if it is reverse osmoses filtered after distilling it.

Chlorine in pools and hot tubs is very harmful.

Use Milk of Magnesia for cavity prevention. Rinse your mouth with it and water before bed.

There is one artificial sweetener that may be healthy to use. It's Xylitol. It's about 30% less calories than sugar, tastes just like sugar and actually helps prevent tooth decay! I tried it, and can't tell the difference from sugar.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You know. People have been dying for thousands of years, all before any of the things you mentioned. And I do believe they will continue to do so. After all, 1 out of every 1 person is going to die." You ain't going to beat those odds.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beneia
You know. People have been dying for thousands of years, all before any of the things you mentioned. And I do believe they will continue to do so. After all, 1 out of every 1 person is going to die." You ain't going to beat those odds.

yeah, but where's the harm in trying?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

yeah, but where's the harm in trying?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Fact is we are not masters of our bodies nor are we masters of our minds. The brain is examining itself, it will take centuries before every function of the body has been explained. And then we will still need to understand nonphysical aspects of our psyche such as dreams and ultimately death.

It is a shame we are going towards a society which relies on medication to achieve happiness rather than realizing what makes us unhappy and what makes us happy and change our lifestyle accordingly. Instead of talking and trying to get to the cause of our unhappiness we are told by science it is all a matter of chemicals and are given chemicals to correct the imbalance. It's a simple matter of medication costing less and working faster than many hours of intensive therapy.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Bottom line is, regarding drug company's is that their profits dont come from curing diseases, it comes from the treatment of them and the lifelong supply drugs they perscribe you for it

If pro is the opposite of con. Then is progress the opposite of congress

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hey, thanks mucho for grasping the obvious.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Great post, OP!

If I had to add anything--beside some of the previously mentioned items--I'd add the pseudo-science of vaccination. More harm than good. And coming this Fall to a city near you: genocide/eugenics.

Also, per a previous post about naturally-occurring fluoride, it's called calcium fluoride. It, too, is harmful to humans. There's a phenomenon in the American SW called Texas Brown Stain. It is the ouftward symptom of severe fluorosis. The original fast buck hucksters who started the obsolete practice of water fluoridation pointed to these areas of the country calling them "towns without a cavity". What a joke! Truth was that these folks had so few cavities because they had so FEW teeth!!

There are places in the world, like India, where the water is so high in calcium fluoride that the kids have bones like undercooked spaghetti. Really sad to see. But, who cares . . . it's great for your death, right? My dentist said so.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighinfinite

Originally posted by StrangeBrew

I agree that natural =/= safe since everything comes from nature. However my point is if something is found in food products that are considered healthy, isn't it a bit overreacting to say something is harmful in moderation?

There are many substances that are not safe in ANY dose. There is no such thing as "moderation" with them. Take arsenic, lead, and mercury for example. They kill and debilitate over time. Fluoride accumulates in your calcifying tissues such as your joints and the pineal gland. Ever wonder why there are so many commercials for arthritis remedies and sleep aids? No coincidence there.

I'd also add that are substances in our food supply that are killing us slowly. Like MSG, aspartame, sodium nitrite--among others.

There is also fluoride in dozens of common food/drink items you consume on a regular basis. So even if you think you're avoiding it--you're still getting it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Don't they say the difference between medicine and poison is dosage. I've found it to be true even with vitamins and minerals. You have to get the right balance for your individual metabolic type. The most advanced info. on it I know of was from a researcher named William Donald Kelley. Read his work and his former colleges at healthexcel.com, who split and took the info. in their own direction.

www.drkelley.info...

www.healthexcel.com...

www.drkelley.com...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Sargoth]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join