It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police put my brother in a cell, right or wrong!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
First of all I'm sure this happens all the time, no need to tell me to have a reality check or something.

But I'm not fully educated on the laws of what police can or can't do.

Just quickly posting, I wonder if you guys think this is right or wrong.

Based in UK.

A couple of nights ago my brother got arrested for shouting a little at his friend around 10:50 pm.

There were a couple of drunk men shouting at him and his friends for a fight, they kept calling them names and asking for a fight, very aggressive and threatening behaviour.

Him and his friends did not want to fight and tried to ignore their threats, but one of his friends decided to walk up to them and have a more personal chat.

My brother did not think this was a good idea, so he started walking to go get his friend and leave, as he starts walking his other friend pinched him "really" hard from behind as to say don't and so my brother shouted and probably swore from the pain lol. (understandable reaction
)

Then a policeman quickly came up to my bro and put handcuffs on him without warning or telling him why, only after asking did they say he was disturbing the peace blah blah. They can't do that right?

The threatening drunks were left alone, only my brother who did nothing wrong got taken away...

He gets taken to the police station and they tell him to sign something that he agrees to be fined £80, and agrees to the over exaggerated written description of his so called crime lol, my brother at first refused because he felt he did nothing wrong at all, (he did nothing wrong!)

Then they said they are going to put him in the cell all night if he refuses, so my brother decided to accept to sign based on this threat, so he signs it.

What happens next? they still put him in the cell all night like a slave!

When he woke up he thought he was in his own bed lol, how dissapointing to see a police cell. haha

Anyway you guys think this is normal behaviour? that's not right is it!?

[edit on 7-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The fine, to be honest, is justifiable.

But i still dont get why people in these situations in the uk get but in a cell for a night once they have signed it. Its redonkulous

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbsoluteInfinite
The fine, to be honest, is justifiable.

But i still dont get why people in these situations in the uk get but in a cell for a night once they have signed it. Its redonkulous

How is the fine justifiable? Do you give yourself, you are sovereign, permission to be out after 10 pm.
I do, and would perform a citizens arrest for treason on anyone that thought otherwise!!! If someone harrasses me, being a woman, I would most likely find a way to get away, however sometimes I'm outspoken. The call, one way or the other would not be a crime, though it may be unwise, but people aren't perfect and sometimes they get into danger by speaking up, with dignity. Still, no crime. And even swearing isn't a crime! If it is, back to the citizens arrest for treason. Savvy! I would have signed nothing and paid nothing. And taken all their names and numbers, and performed citizens arrests. I also would have told them that I was one of their collective employers, and I was judging my employees behavior. Then, I would taken it as high and public as it needed to go. Failure to produce the right results in court would not end it. It doesn't matter how many time you have to shoot the canon of justice to get it, you just keep plugging loudly away, with a bullhorn like Alex Jones does.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wellcome to the eussr, my bro was nicked for telling a taxi drive that give us a long way round trip he was a "robbing c--t" in a not aggresive maner. he had to go to court in manchester and still has scars where thay twisted the cuffs, he did not resist. 280 pound in total

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Which city in UK?

Around 11pm is the witching hour; you're asking for it from either cops or drunks getting kicked out.

Also, did your bro get swabbed or printed?.

Again, cops are just 10% law enforcement, 90% revenue generators.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Ah yes I forgot to mention the obvious too, it was outside london, it was friday night, my bro wasn't out drunk, but it was getting late, and that's when all the drunks come out haha.

I'm sure the cops do this all the time because it happens too much, they have become numb to it all I reckon.

Really just the wrong place wrong time.

don't know if he got printed or not, I'll ask him when I get the chance.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
wellcome to the eussr, my bro was nicked for telling a taxi drive that give us a long way round trip he was a "robbing c--t" in a not aggresive maner. he had to go to court in manchester and still has scars where thay twisted the cuffs, he did not resist. 280 pound in total

Ah that's bad.

I got fined £160 for paying for my bus ticket!

I just coudn't find my ticket when the ticket man came to check, I explained that, but I guess it's guilty until proven innocent these days.

I want my money back! haha

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The police probably want a blow job of one of the threatening blocks sisters, that why.

The police are all criminals and my life has shown it. They have desperately tried to destroy my life for 17 years now in london, and i have never done anything wrong.

Police = murderers.

My life has proved that full stop in london.

I know a few people that kind of get harrased, some of the same police always stop them and ask questions so much that they know each other very well now lol, "oh it's you again, how are you" ........"not good now sir" lol

It's almost as if some police are bored?

Always gotta say "some" police, I'm sure most are very nice friendly police I think...

[edit on 7-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

join