It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a good one from the big apple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Parking tickets pile up on van with dead driver

Women says her dad apparently lay dead for weeks beneath N.Y. highway

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So that's the premise.
Now let's hear the jokes. Anyone?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
How is this funny?
This is not only tragic, but despicable!
Why didn't anyone look inside the vehicle..just leave tickets?
And holy frig how long does it take to get a vehicle towed in NY?
:shk::shk:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Oh if I could star you AD!

This is wrong, this is like the time they found a worker dead at his desk and found out he had been there for a week.

Could the COP that was writing the ticket look into the vehicle? I mean after the first few tickets, maybe looking inside would have presented itself as an option!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

A worker dead at his desk for a week? My god...did they think he just came to work to sleep in his clothes for seven days straight?
Obviously he wasn't a productive employee beforehand...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
How is this funny?
This is not only tragic, but despicable!
Why didn't anyone look inside the vehicle..just leave tickets?
And holy frig how long does it take to get a vehicle towed in NY?
:shk::shk:

I think I'm gonna hit the Alert button on you for trespassing in this forum, unleeeees . . .

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
. . . unless you show that you are aware of your whereabouts.

reply to post by whatukno

A worker dead at his desk for a week? My god...did they think he just came to work to sleep in his clothes for seven days straight?
Obviously he wasn't a productive employee beforehand...

Ahahaha . . .

That person was known to rarely take a shower. Hence the delay in the coroner van showing up.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Go ahead..hit the alert button..see where it gets you.
I didn't see the humor at all.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Oh if I could star you AD!

This is wrong, this is like the time they found a worker dead at his desk and found out he had been there for a week.

Could the COP that was writing the ticket look into the vehicle? I mean after the first few tickets, maybe looking inside would have presented itself as an option!

I had that article on my fridge for weeks bout the dead worker at his desk cos it blew me away that no-one noticed him

I think his name was George and it was a cleaner who found him.
His co- workers said he kept to himself but man, not to notice he'd died is just WOW

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Go ahead..hit the alert button..see where it gets you.
I didn't see the humor at all.

You need to get a flashlight and turn it on, coz some humor can't be seen without it.

Black comedy is a sub-genre of comedy and satire in which topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo are treated in a satirical or humorous manner while retaining its seriousness.

Synonyms include dark comedy, black humor, dark humor, and morbid humor.

en.wikipedia.org...

But I think it would be better to stick with those LMAO jokes that work all the time:
img10.glitterfy.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Wow- was that supposed to faze me?
I find your morbid sense of humor sick.
I could see posting this story in a news forum. But in a joke forum?
Would you find that funny if it was a member of your family???
:shk:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

an example of Dark comedy would be Elmer Fudd raping Porky Pig.

This is a sad event, nothing to be proud of nor find funny.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

Wow- was that supposed to faze me?
I find your morbid sense of humor sick.
I could see posting this story in a news forum. But in a joke forum?
Would you find that funny if it was a member of your family???
:shk:

What makes you believe that I appreciate morbid humor?

Read the OP again what I said.

So that's the premise.
Now let's hear the jokes. Anyone?

The story about the often-ticketed dead driver was meant to be a premise for a joke. I wanted to see if someone around here has a sense of dark humor. I couldn't come up with any joke about it myself, coz if I could, I would surely crack one right out of the bat. As it turned out, no one else could either.

So how could you find out anything about my "sense of morbid humor?" That's really funny how some folks draw a conclusion out of nowhere. Ahahahaha . . . Ain't that funny? How some people love to moralize whenever the opportunity arises. (Lordy, lordy. What that world is turning into?)

Actually, I should test myself, if I have a sense of humor at all . . .

"For several months, our nurses have been baffled to find a dead patient in the same bed every Friday morning" a spokeswoman for the Pelonomi Hospital (Free State, South Africa) told reporters. "There was no apparent cause for any of the deaths, and extensive checks on the air conditioning system, and a search for possible bacterial infection, failed to reveal any clues."

"However, further inquiries have now revealed the cause of these deaths. It seems that every Friday morning a cleaner would enter the ward, remove the plug that powered the patient's life support system, plug her floor polisher into the vacant socket, then go about her business. When she had finished her chores, she would plug the life support machine back in and leave, unaware that the patient was now dead. She could not, after all, hear the screams and eventual death rattle over the whirring of her polisher.

www.thehumorarchives.com...

AHAHAHHahahhahaah . . . Ahahahahahahah . . . ROFLMAO . . . AHAHA . . .
AAAAAhahah. . . ahahgrrg . . . HRGR . . .
. . . AHAHAHAHA . . . Oh, maaaan . . .

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Again, this isn't funny, that would be considered manslaughter.

Dark humor is one thing, but when it involves actual people it stops being funny.

I joke around on this board all the time. But there is a right and wrong way to go about doing it.

This isn't it. Nor is this funny. I couldn't come up with a joke around this indecent (maybe I could about the meter maid) But the premise is flawed too badly to make any kind of joke out of it.

There are times when dark humor is appropriate.

Like take this one.

A terrorist going to a crowded place blows himself up before he gets to his target. It was a case of premature detonation.

The subject is general, no specifics in detail, the matter here is also funny because it is a play on premature ejaculation (which is funny unless it happens to you) But no real story to go off of.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Seriously..seek professional help.
Oh, I'm DYING of LAUGHTER at your sense of humor...
There..does that get your jollies off for you?
Please...so many better ways to pass my time.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

There are times when dark humor is appropriate.

Like take this one.

A terrorist going to a crowded place blows himself up before he gets to his target. It was a case of premature detonation.

Are you kidding me?
I guess you're not. LOL.
That's supposed to be funny? Where the hell is the punch line?

Before I depart this rather gray place, I can only say that out of all ingredients humor is made of, morbid jokes are really rare spice lots of folks can do without. There is often death involved in the story, and that works counterproductive, coz during funerals, folks cry not laugh -- and jokes are designed to make people laugh.

It is well known fact that the most hillarious jokes come fom the folks who are not afraid to look in the mirror and see themselves the way they are -- folks whot can crack a joke about themselves. It's really fun when these people throw a party.

The less known fact -- if it is even a fact -- is that people who can find morbid humor funny are far more likely to stay cool during a sudden emergency situation and contribute to saving lives, than those who get offended by morbid humor. The study didn't say why is it so.

[edit on 6/8/2009 by stander]

new topics

top topics

join