It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Japan JAXA moon video in HD (really nice)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
KAGUYA (SELENE) taking around "Antoniadi" by HDTV. (C)JAXA/NHK

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency(JAXA) launched "KAGUYA (SELENE)" by the H-IIA Launch Vehicle at 10:31:01 a.m. on September 14, 2007 (JST) from Tanegashima Space Center. The major objectives of the "KAGUYA" mission are to obtain scientific data of the lunar origin and evolution and to develop the technology for the future lunar exploration.

www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...

Antoniadi crater is unique for three reasons: 1) unique impact crater shape; 2) deep impact depth; and 3) smooth crater floor material.

Source, Smithsonian
More information from HIRISE, Arizona Univ.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
That is so beautiful, Crisp and clean. I'm pretty sure there will be those out there that will say it looks fake because it's such a great quality.

NO STARS.

Imagine that

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I remember a thread where John Lear was asked to comment on some high definition photos of the moon by Japan/JAXA, if i remember correct tha answer was 'plastic models' or something like that. I am happy that JAXA finnally decided to release some of the material collected since 2007, up til this spring it has been very sparse. The amount of data collected over the duration of the mission must be HUGE, this is the most comprehensive mission to the moon since NASA Apollo missions in the 1960-1970s, including all the Clementine images, so imho it is very important that the general public get access to this material as soon as possible. Since its HDTV any anomalies, if released, cant be explained away so easily.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Very fine resolution, clear as day. What will the Japanese think of next? Man those shots of the moon are gorgeous!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I found something very interesting at 50 seconds into the vid.
A partially covered face sculpture. Look at it closely and it is very convincing.
Here is a captured image of the vid.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c658629563d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1aba118865fc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Don't judge from these images, but from the video. These are shrunken down.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They only release a tiny little bit and there gonna crash it already www.kaguya.jaxa.jp... when do we get to see the images.

[edit on 083030p://2009-06-06T08:06:44-05:00066 by mars1]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exoviewer
I found something very interesting at 50 seconds into the vid.
A partially covered face sculpture. Look at it closely and it is very convincing.
Here is a captured image of the vid.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c658629563d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1aba118865fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Judging by the curvature of the Moon in the video, I think that "face" would be about the size of a city.

I suppose it's possible that an ancient civilization could have been building statues the size of cities, but it's more likely simply a natural formation.

[edit on 6/6/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The size of communites they were.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No rough edges and a soft coating covers all the craters and ground.
No rays at all.

A very wavy surface that goes to flat in the large crater with
the cliff edge.

They don't duplicate US views or do they.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm normally quick to defend stuff like this but even at full resolution it looks like cgi to me, it's just so clean!

It almost looks like upscaled low definition footage, I don't know if it's just overprocessed or what but it certainly looks nothing like any photos or footage I've seen from previous lunar missions.

Maybe this is simply their idea of beauty? in any case something isn't quite right there should be huge amounts of detail in this footage, thousands of dimples and ridges and gritty textures and shadows, I wouldn't say it was a plastic model by any means but it does look artificial.

Is this actual video footage or is it based on a radar model? that would explain a lot.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think it looks so clean because thats how the moon looks. This is the first time we've seen the moon in this way. Its all new. Naturally we are going to think its too crystal to be true.

join