It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama arrives in Paris after visiting German camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Obama arrives in Paris after visiting German camp

news.yahoo.com

The president called the camp where an estimated 56,000 people died the "ultimate rebuke" to Holocaust deniers and skeptics. And he bluntly challenged one of them, Iranian President Ahmadinejad, to visit Buchenwald.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Journalism kiss my butt. Buchenwald was a NAZI camp. Any reference to "German concentration camps" implicate the German nation being responsible for the Holocaust -- which didn't happen?

The Iranian prez should figure this out. There had to be 100 camps like Buchenwald to arrive at the number that makes Holoucast real -- there were far less than that.

The mentioning of 56,000 people who perished in Buchenwald doesn't much help to support the validity of the 6 million Jews killed by the Nazi regime. Another oops right there.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
ya i agree
i'm not a holo denier
I believe it did happened

but the number of victims was just not that much

and you know out of the 56,000 11,000 were jewish.

• About 250,000 prisoners were held at Buchenwald from its opening in July 1937 to its liberation in April 1945. An estimated 56,000 people died, including 11,000 Jews.
• Buchenwald was originally intended to house a variety of groups, including people in the anti-Nazi resistance, Jehovah's Witnesses, homosexuals and ex-convicts. But after the anti-Jewish pogrom on Nov. 9, 1938, known as "Kristallnacht" or The Night of Broken Glass, the camp also was used to hold thousands of Jews.
• After the war, from 1945 to 1950, occupying Soviet forces used the camp to hold political prisoners.
• Approximately 6 million Jews perished during the Holocaust.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Of course it happened, but 6Million Jews is hard to believe
that's all i'm saying

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's what happens when Holocaust is being mentioned the way it was with Obama visiting and media reporting. The news article would leave anyone not thoroughly familiar with the history of the "Final Solution" very doubtful that the Nazis had the capacity to exterminate a one-third of European Jewry.

Buchenwald, like other camps in Germany wasn't an extermination camp designated. Most of the deaths were caused by the harsh living condition -- typhoid being #1 cause of death. So it would be misleading to extrapolate from the number of people who died there to arrive at the whole picture.

I personally think that it was possible to kill so many people, coz almost entire Indian population in California got wiped out in no time shortly after gold was discovered there.

new topics

top topics

join