It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Gets Inconvenient Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Al Gore is asked about alien technology and if it could save the environment. I don't know if he knows anything or not, but he does not smile or laugh when answering the question with a very short and in my opinion lame answer. He moves on quickly.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

My opinion is that silly questions dont need any answers. Come on, we did all the damage, why should we rope in the aliens to save the planet. We did all the damage and we have to pay the price. It is as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I for one wasn't interested in Ally's personal belief, I wanted his answer. The fact he wouldn't even touch that and just painted it out to be a joke meant that he didn't want to take a stand and look like a nut-job to some people.
Too bad he already looks like a nut-job.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
He sure hopes it won't because he doesn't own stock in alien tech. That would be competition for him.
After all he makes a huge amount of money peddling fear and falsehoods.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I thought Gore's look on his face and mannerism indicated he was thinking "gawd, how do I answer this question?"

He should have dismissed it (if he believed it was a "kook question" by saying, "I have no idea what you are talking about" other than pacing back and forth and making it obvious he did not know what to say.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not that I am a huge fan of old Al, but I have to say that since he appears to be looking for real answers to real problems I think his answer was tactful and polite.

Am I saying ET tech doesn’t exist? Nope. Do I think a VP with no intel background who was effectively frozen out of his administration for eight years had the need to know?

No, I don’t think he did.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

I agree with you. I just found it interesting that he seemed to show no emotion when presented with the question and answering it. Usually these questions are handled with a lot or a little bit of ridicule.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Did you notice that the audience did not laugh until Gore reacted the way he did?

They were waiting for a sign from Gore to figure out how to react. The guy asking the question should have not been so disrespected. Ah, but crowd mentality!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How was he disrespected? What did he add in a practical sense to the solution of environmental problems? Although I (and many of us here) believe that there is alien tech being kept from us, to the majority of people asking if alien tech can solve world issues is akin to asking "Do you think Harry Potter could reverse global warming with the proper spell."

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well he could have said, "Um no we determined that the craft was actually a prime cause of the environmental problem and sense we need massive amounts of money to back engineer this thing that has technology we don't even understand we needed to use the carbon credit money for this. Now the one over in Rhode Island that was a different story all together."

I mean really what was he suppose to say?

Edit: The reason for no expression is anyone related to the govt. gets UFO questions non stop and gets irritated by it after a while. I was surprised at how many people questioned me about it when they found out what I use to do.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am mad as HELL!! and I am not gonna take it anymore!!

People like that make the real conspiracy theorists look bad.

Did he get paid for it?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I got a good laugh from that, thanks. He sounded rather nervous. That took about all his courage to do. I imagine him planning this amazing "gotcha question" that would stun and shock and finnaly get him a girl.

To bad it was the wrong forum, wrong audience, wrong guy.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

My opinion is that silly questions dont need any answers. Come on, we did all the damage, why should we rope in the aliens to save the planet. We did all the damage and we have to pay the price. It is as simple as that.

It has nothing to do with "roping in aliens." People on this planet have been in possession of advanced ET technology for decades that could solve all the energy problems of the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It was handled well. Gore was very polite and attempted to answer his question as best as he could.

Did the guy say Channel Lake Facility in California?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I am mad as HELL!! and I am not gonna take it anymore!!

People like that make the real conspiracy theorists look bad.

Did he get paid for it?

Yea, that was pretty bad. Gore asked him what he meant by Extraterrestrial and the guy replied with "UFO." Wtf?

How is "unidentified flying object" a response to what is meant by extraterrestrial technology? That questioner was an idiot.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Good point Diplomat. I have a thread specifically about the trouble with declassifying that kind of "perfect fix" for the world entitled Ethics of Disclosure

And dont get me wrong, I want disclosure. But it will definitely put Pandora's proverbial box to shame.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

Actually, this is wrong. The leaders of this planet, serving the cartel and coporations, and they all serve the renegade slave masters here, have destroyed this planet, keep the so-called free ones dumbed down and MC'd and refuse to implement the clean technology thats been around for decades, while (surprise! surprise!) blaming the dumbed down, hands tied, citizens. All the while they have lived with advanced secret technology and solutions. So yes, cough it up! AND NOW!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Al Gore is clueless like the rest of the political robots.

new topics

top topics

join