It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russian helicopters over michigan?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
so yesterday around 4 PM i was on the freeway eastbound when i saw heading southwest were two helicopters, about 1000 feet above ground level. they did not look american at all, in fact they looked like russian hind helicopters.

this is the second sighting i've had of these helicopters. the other time was two weeks ago to the day from yesterday. it was about 7 PM and there were two of the same type of helicopters headed east.

i did a google imge search for hind type helicopters. the closest matches to what i saw were the Mi-24 and the Mi-35

the helicopters i saw though looked larger than both of those though. also, they didn't have the stabilizer wings that i could see. could anyone help me discern what i saw? that's all i'm really wondering about. thanks!

i plan on next friday being in the same area around the same time with my camera ready, just in case.

[Edited on 5/1/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We are no longer independent nations on the planet. We are Global. That means Russia trains with USA, so does China, USA trains with Russians on their turf. I wouldnt be surprised if Israel, Russia and USA doesnt train with China on military exercises as well.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If that were true pisces, why isn't it reported on the news? It's not of any ominous nature, unless you are making a connection to a world government (NWO).

Maybe just a flight club? There is a small airfield right near my house and one guy has a Mig-17 he flies every day.

Off topic, but those Hinds have got to be some of the coolest looking helos ever. What type of helicopter are they anyway? Attack? Transport? They have always amazed me.

[Edited on 5-1-04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

If that were true pisces, why isn't it reported on the news?

Why is it many military operations are not broadcasted in the news?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
We are no longer independent nations on the planet. We are Global. That means Russia trains with USA, so does China, USA trains with Russians on their turf. I wouldnt be surprised if Israel, Russia and USA doesnt train with China on military exercises as well.

i know that, but the nearest MOAs (military operations areas) where they do training around here are over lake huron. these were just east of downtown detroit, about 15 miles away.

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Maybe just a flight club? There is a small airfield right near my house and one guy has a Mig-17 he flies every day.

yeah, but as where mig-17's have been out of active service, as far as i know these Hinds still are in service. but who knows, you could be right!

Off topic, but those Hinds have got to be some of the coolest looking helos ever. What type of helicopter are they anyway? Attack? Transport? They have always amazed me.

yeah, i have no idea either. i think they're a combination.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm going to have to start keeping my eyes more to the sky. I live in Metro Detroit and ahve not seen these. What color were they? Could they have been used for industrial purposes?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I'm going to have to start keeping my eyes more to the sky. I live in Metro Detroit and ahve not seen these. What color were they? Could they have been used for industrial purposes?

they were green, black and tan. i have no idea what they could be used for. i'm more or less just interested in what kind of helicopter they were.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

yeah, i have no idea either. i think they're a combination.

yea, just love those helos
and btw here is a link for ya'll to check out. it talks about some weapon on HIND.
NOTE: year - 1980's
www.cheniere.org...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

If that were true pisces, why isn't it reported on the news?

Why is it many military operations are not broadcasted in the news?

Becasue it's a given that a nation conducts military exercises with its own military, but not with other countries' militarys.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

they were green, black and tan. i have no idea what they could be used for. i'm more or less just interested in what kind of helicopter they were.

Thanks for the update. BTW, I take exception to your signature line. I bought Zone 2 many years ago after saving lots of box tops!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Becasue it's a given that a nation conducts military exercises with its own military, but not with other countries' militarys.

That's not right. e.g. Nato forces train all the way together(including the special ops teams).

But I guess it is easier for you to think about a conspiracy than to accept that russian and american forces do training together.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by shoo]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
But I guess it is easier for you to think about a conspiracy than to accept that russian and american forces do training together.

i'm not thinking that this i any sort of a conspiracy, i just want to know what sort of helicopters i saw!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

i'm not thinking that this i any sort of a conspiracy, i just want to know what sort of helicopters i saw!

Wasn't being sarcastic to you
- to the guy I quoted. I know from other post of yours that your views are much more logical and realistic

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I was referring to this guy's comments. All those countries training together and no news coverage?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh I saw plenty reports about all kind of military personnel training together. Like german and american spec ops together and british with american.

It's just nothing for the headlines. Just sidenotes.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I was referring to this guy's comments. All those countries training together and no news coverage?

Actually, many foreign armed forces train here in the US. It is quite common and has been going on for many years. The Russians, Brits, Germans, etc use some of our facilities to train. Particularly, the AF facilites. When my brother was stationed in Texas at Ft. Bliss, he used to somtimes hang out with German Officers. The Germans even had their own Officer's Club on base. (IIRC) Plus, joint NATO training in Europe is the norm as well.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
so can anyone help me figure out what it was i saw?

a couple fellow michiganders have asked where in the area i was when i saw them, so here's where: the time before (two weeks ago) i saw them in livonia, at AMC 20... just east of i-275, between 7 and 8 mile roads. last night i was in farmington, headed east on m-5.

these two locations are about 5 miles from each other.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The US own a couple of Hinds they use for training for Red Force.

Thats probably what you saw.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Could it have been one of these?...A lot of people mistake Sikorsky Sea Kings, Sky Kings, etc...for Russian Heilo's

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Who knows where all they operate, but the US Army owns quite a few Russian-built aircraft. The Mi- helos are in Fort Bliss, Texas and Fort Polk, Louisiana, for sure. Here is a pretty good article on them: Flying the Threat

...and there was a great documentary on Hinds in general on the Discovery Wings channel recently.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Spectre]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join