It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs that come to mind, play on the radio later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought of a song in their head, there's no reason why it just pops in there, but you just start thinking about a song and then when you turn on the radio in the car, guess what song is playing? That's right, the one you just had in your head. Same thing goes for movies. A movie pops in your head, you then channel surf to see what's on and sure enough, that very movie is on. This has happened to me quite often throughout my life and think it's one of the weirdest things. My friends have also told me that they have had the same experience. I wonder if deep down we are pyschic, or maybe our collective brains have come together and somehow made someone had the radio station put in that song. One time I actually did it three times in one day, every single song I was thinking about that day, they all played on the radio and on the same station!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just the other day...

Touch of Grey by the Grateful Dead...BAM!

Love that song

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Happens all the time, nearly every day. My guess is one of two things...either use of "The Secret" or a momentary ESP flash.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Oh this happens to me all the time !
and also people that I mention that I have'nt seen for ages just appear a short time afterwards.
It's really bizarre !!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I had that a lot of times too,
but did you ever dreamed from a song and then hear it in the radio?
guess me, thats really weird..

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

LOL @ the secret. Maybe the concept of it is true in this sense, maybe we can talk to the cosmic universe. Speaking of the secret, I did manage to make a drinking game out of it, a shot for every time THE SECRET was mentioned. Needless to say, I don't think anyone has ever made it to the ending lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I almost forgot about it working the same with people you haven't seen in a long time. About a month or so ago, I was thinking about someone I had gone to grade school that I hadn't seen in years, we just bumped into one another at a gas station. What was even weirder was he was going on about how he had dreamed he was at a reunion with everyone he went to elementary school with as well as high school. Maybe this world is just way too small. lol

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

I've never had that happen but that is pretty weird. Sometimes when this happens, I wonder if we all have chips in our heads, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"we all have chips in our heads.."

I hope not

Nia

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It happens to me with tv as well--I can be having a conversation about say a film I have'nt seen for ages--and then presto it's on the box a few days later

Weird--maybe we're creating the reality of this stuff happening ourselves?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Happened to me again just last night.

Was laying in bed, half asleep, listening to the radio and for some reason Don't pay the ferryman by Chris De Burgh popped into my head... and I don't even really like the song.

Sure enough, it was the next song that played.

Weirdness.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Happened to me again just last night.

Was laying in bed, half asleep, listening to the radio and for some reason Don't pay the ferryman by Chris De Burgh popped into my head... and I don't even really like the song.

Sure enough, it was the next song that played.

Weirdness.

I've just had it with "under the boardwalk" and I HATE that song!!!!
Why would that possibly come into my head

Put the radio on and HELLO ?????

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

LOL @ the secret.

I did too...at first...until I started getting unexpected checks... Certainly no harm in it, and the money spends just fine...(plus, I'm generally happier with a more positive attitude)...

Is it a bunch of hooey? Probably, but whatever it is, it seems to work ok...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

LOL @ the secret.

I did too...at first...until I started getting unexpected checks... Certainly no harm in it, and the money spends just fine...(plus, I'm generally happier with a more positive attitude)...

Is it a bunch of hooey? Probably, but whatever it is, it seems to work ok...

Given my current situation, I probably could actually try to take it seriously. My girlfriends friend would watch that every single morning for 3 months, it drove us insane, and we wanted to play a drinking game for every time The Secret was said. I'll admit i never have given it much of a chance. You would think being a sith lord would give me the "bad guy" benefits that usually come with it, nope. I'd go to the light side, but i like my red saber to much. I did think of "I don't want to miss a thing" by aerosmith and it was on the radio, so maybe i'm secretly doing the secret, but just not knowing it. lol

join