It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hangover - MOVIE REVIEW ONLY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The Premise: Two days before his wedding, Doug (JUSTIN BARTHA) drives to Las Vegas with his best buddies Phil and Stu (BRADLEY COOPER and ED HELMS) and his future brother-in-law Alan (ZACH GALIFIANAKIS), for a blow-out bachelor party they vow they'll never forget. But when the three groomsmen wake up the next morning with pounding headaches, they can't remember a thing. Their luxury hotel suite is beyond trashed and the groom is nowhere to be found.

With no clue about what happened and little time to spare, the trio must attempt to retrace their bad decisions from the night before in order to figure out where things went wrong in the hopes of finding Doug and getting him back to L.A. in time for his wedding.

But the more they begin to uncover, the more they realize just how much trouble they're really in.

The Review: I haven't laughed this much since There's Something About Mary with the Farrelly Brothers. It builds nicely up to the Morning After. From that point on, hang on to your hats because it gets wild and crazy from there.

Now here is the deal..... if you just need a great laugh and a fun time and have a few bucks to spare, it's worth seeing in the movies. If you are money tight, then wait for the DVD. Seriously.... I absolutely loved this movie, but if it's a matter of personal needs vs. waiting a month or two.... it will be just as funny for $1.99 at CrockBuster

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/980fa2ae69ce.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/4/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Seems to me this kind of post belongs on BTS. Movies are fun, but I can find a review without having to go to an Alternative/Conspiracy web site.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It is not on BTS because I am the ATS Movie Critic. Just like ATS gives an alternative look at subjects, I do the same with movies. Got it?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
DR, I enjoy these reviews, keep them coming.

I normally like these types of movies but was afraid the vegas bachelor party genre has been overdone. From the sound of your review it seems like they were able to break the mold and keep it fresh and funny.

I am trying to decide between Hangover or Night at the Museum 2....if you had to pick which would you go to?

Thanks for the info -

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The Hangover by a country mile!

new topics

top topics

join